Forum moderator: RSAUB  
Forum » ..:: General ::.. » General Discussion » 'resist with gun in hand'
'resist with gun in hand'
CulzieDate: Monday, 2009-05-04, 4:44 PM | Message # 1
Generalissimo
Group: Administrators
Load ...
'resist with gun in hand'

Seen this on the net. It was written in 1939. I think the fella that wrote it might have been a 'commie'. But 'commie' or no,he had a good grasp of the situation.

The nominal basis of the agitation, the fact which causes some to denominate Ireland an oppressed nation and others to call her a British colony, is the British occupation of six counties of Ulster. In the agitation of the nationalists, Ulster is represented as a child torn from its mother's bosom, longing to return, and thwarted only by superior force.

In actuality, two-thirds of the population of Ulster is Protestant and British. Far from desiring union with Ireland, the Ulstonians (or Orangemen) are fanatically anti-Irish, and are ready to resist Irish ‘reunification’ with gun in hand. The demand of the Irish that Britain withdraw her garrison from Ulster is not the demand for the self-determination of an oppressed people; it is a demand for a hunting license to shoot Protestants. The Irish are here fighting a wholly reactionary struggle against the principle of self-determination.

Ulster Protestants consider themselves to be a separate nation. This nation they call Ulster

SlappataigDate: Thursday, 2009-05-07, 8:01 PM | Message # 2
Colonel
Group: Checked
Load ...
excatly right, and ulstonians, did our people ever refer to themselves as that? surprised

CulzieDate: Friday, 2009-05-08, 1:05 PM | Message # 3
Generalissimo
Load ...
Quote (Slappataig)
excatly right, and ulstonians, did our people ever refer to themselves as that?

Not to my knowledge Slappa. I have seen Ulidians, and Ultonians used in a few letters in the papers. Ulida was the name the Romans referred to Ulster as. So I can understand the use of Ulidians in that sense. I don't know where Ultonians comes from. It is more or less the same as the Ulstonians that he uses except for the 's' I'll put the link up for that article. Hes a yank so maybe wouldnt be as 'genned in' as the Ullish people. But he does gave a good answer to another commie.

Anyway ''Ulster For The Ullish'' looks and sounds better. biggrin

Ulster Protestants consider themselves to be a separate nation. This nation they call Ulster

CulzieDate: Friday, 2009-05-08, 5:36 PM | Message # 4
Generalissimo
Load ...
Here is the link to the whole article. It seems a bit of a debate between two commies and this one was answering the other one. Don't agree with their politics,but at least one of them seems to hav a bit of a grasp of the situation regarding Ulster anyway.

http://www.workersrepublic.org/Pages....er.html

SlappataigDate: Sunday, 2009-05-17, 1:21 PM | Message # 5
Colonel
Group: Checked
Load ...
yeah for a cmmunist he does seem to be swaying to our side

CulzieDate: Sunday, 2009-05-17, 7:56 PM | Message # 6
Generalissimo
Load ...
Quote (Slappataig)

Yeah Slappa,not the usual rubbish you expect to hear from 'lefties' This fella seems to have a fair grasp of the situation.

CulzieDate: Sunday, 2009-05-17, 7:56 PM | Message # 7
Generalissimo
Load ...
Quote (Slappataig)

Yeah Slappa,not the usual rubbish you expect to hear from 'lefties' This fella seems to have a fair grasp of the situation.

RSAUBDate: Saturday, 2011-09-10, 1:11 AM | Message # 8
Colonel general
Group: Moderators
Load ...
Interesting reading to say the least.

CulzieDate: Saturday, 2011-09-10, 12:15 PM | Message # 9
Generalissimo
Load ...
It seems to me sometimes that people outside of Ulster have a better grasp of things than many of those who live here. But instead of building on that some here seem intent on following the green brick road. The Lundies haven't gone away you know.

Forum » ..:: General ::.. » General Discussion » 'resist with gun in hand'
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: