• »
Forum moderator: RSAUB  
Forum » ..:: General ::.. » General Discussion » The Trojan Horse
The Trojan Horse
CulzieDate: Sunday, 2011-03-13, 10:01 PM | Message # 1
Generalissimo
Group: Administrators
Load ...
Can't remember if I posted this before. This was posted a couple of years ago on another site by some fella with an eye for the future,not me I may add,but I thought he had a good grasp of what was happening in the blending in process. And how paddy's day would play a part in the blending in. His words seem to be coming true. I like the part where he said ''we didn't ask for it but we are getting it'' The PS at the bottom is mine.

Paddy's Day The Trojan Horse. The 12th a thing of the past?

For the past few years there has been much talk among clerics, religious people and the like about St Patricks beliefs. Whether he was a proto-Protestant or a loyal follower of Rome.
Speaking as someone who has no faith, this is a mildly interesting but seemingly pointless debate. Debating the whims and foibles of some dark age monk, about whom facts are scant anyway, seems like so much urinating in the wind.

But what concerns me more, something that many posters here have remarked upon, is the fact that his 'Saints Day' is being subtly used by our enemies to subvert our culture and traditions.
But I refuse to celebrate a day that, if we are all being honest, has nothing - in the secular public view - to do with religion and everything to do with Irishness.

Its not about the trinity of the shamrock or message Patrick was meant to have brought to Ireland. Its about green beer, false red beards, Celtic shirts, tricolours, leprechauns (how Christian are they by the way?), drink, the Wolfe Tones, the dastardly Saxon, the Fields of Athenry, alcohol, 'those Proddy b**tards, GAA shirts, more alcohol, mist across a peat bog, pikes in the thatch, 'damn the British', flame haired colleens, the Kennedys, the Pogues, etc etc.
Apart from the alcohol all that is an anathema to me.

We as Loyalist, Unionist people, are encouraged to ''embrace our Irishness''. Well I have never considered myself Irish. I am an Ulsterman first, and a British subject of Her Majesty in a photo finished second. I could no more embrace Irishness than I could Indianness. Though if I did the food would be a hell of a lot better. And thinking of it, so would the women.

But here's the sinister bit,if we embrace St Patrick's Day, they won't jettison any of the offensive stuff above to accommodate or humour us. No, we'll just have to accept it. We'll just be told to shut up or sod off. And they will 'help' us to do both, especially the latter. They don't tolerate,..they purge.

They have the tacit backing of the Westminster government in this. Who are just waiting for the slightest chance to dump us so that they can concentrate on destroying the rest of the Union at the behest of their EU masters.
Witness the relentless push of the GAA and Irish language into our schools and consciouness. We don't want it. We certainly didn't ask for it. But we are getting it.

There is an interesting point to be made about the now irrevocable split between the dwindling Protestant 'unionist' middle class. Who seem happy to go along with this. And the Loyalist, disaffected working class. Who are just ignored.

Soon if we adopt 'Paddy's Day as ours (& even if we had no qualms in the past about it, well its a different ball game now) it will become 'THE DAY' for all of us,'on this island' as the saying goes.

No more Twelfth or Eleventh night. And an even more rapidly fading Orange Order. They'll relegate the Twelfth to some quaint rural folk tradition like Cheese-rolling or Maypole dancing. Taking place in one or two remote rural places but generally ignored.

Now is the time to reject Ireland and Irishness. We are proud Ulster Britons, who when the Irish winged,..worked. Who when the Irish hid,...fought. Who were never found wanting,...but were always betrayed.

PS...'Whatever the reason,the Anglo-Norman conquerors were absorbed by the native Irish and,in Hugh Trevor-Roper's vivid phrase, '' sank into those green bogs and came out talking Irish and wearing Irish clothes''

Ulster Protestants consider themselves to be a separate nation. This nation they call Ulster

RSAUBDate: Monday, 2011-03-14, 1:59 AM | Message # 2
Colonel general
Group: Moderators
Load ...
He's hit the nail on the head.

CulzieDate: Tuesday, 2011-03-15, 3:47 PM | Message # 3
Generalissimo
Load ...
He has indeed.

This is a few lines from the NL of Paddy's Day in 1878. Gives an insight of how it was seen then.

The Feast Day of St Patrick in 1878 was marred by rioting in a number of towns across Ulster. Lurgan was just one of those towns. A correspondent from the Armagh town wrote,

''From ten o'clock last night drums were heard beating in the Pound and other Roman Catholic neighbourhoods. Crowds were collected in Shankill Street...from an early hour this morning and drumming was kept up incessantly.''
The 10am train brought the Portadown contingent. This party then proceeded to Shankill Street from where a procession emerged at 11.15am. They were led by the St Patrick flute band and carried banners and flags.

By this time,the correspondent reported considerable numbers of Protestants had collected in Church Place. The correspondent remarked: ''The authorities had adopted the usual precautionary measures to prevent a breach of the peace and an extra force of 150 men together with the local constabulary in the vicinties (chiefly Church Place) where a collision was anticapted.''

The procession passed though Lurgan shortly after one 'o clock,. There were flags and banners ''of the usual colours,manty of which bore representations of O'Connell,the crownless harp,the Irish wolf dog,the round towers,& ''while mottos,such as ''God Save Ireland'', ''Erin-go-Bragh'' and ''Who fears to speak of 98?'' were emblazoned on nearly all of them. The drums were embellished,''like the heads of the boys and girls accompanying them'', with large bunches of shamrock''

A cordon of police crossed the southern end of the road but that ''a few stones were exchanged'' between the processionists and the crowd behind the police. It was noted that the Protestant party rushed around the church to the northern end where they found a free avenue and thus stone throwing was renewed by both parties simultaneously. At this stage Captain Redmond and a number of police placed themselves between the combatants and did their utmost to stop the riot but were unable to do so.

The correspondent wrote: ''When the Protestant party were charged by the police the processionists threw stones after them and then the former returned to the assult. The stone-throwing was kept up while the procession passed the church but when the rear of the procession had entered North Street then the riot commenced in right earnest.''

The processionists then turned on the police and Protestants and for some minutes the stones ''flew in hundreds'' in all directions. The processionists appeared eager to retrace their steps but this plan was ended by a strong detachment of constabulary in William Street who dashed down ''with drawn swords''

March 14,2011

Ulster Protestants consider themselves to be a separate nation. This nation they call Ulster

CulzieDate: Tuesday, 2011-03-15, 7:10 PM | Message # 4
Generalissimo
Load ...
NL 14,March 2011

Flying tricolour a setback

A decision by Sinn Fein to carry an Irish tricolour at Downpatrick's St Patrick's Day parade is a major setback for community relations it is claimed

Sinn Fein councillor Eamonn McConvery is determined to carry a tricolour at the annual parade,which normally flies a non-contentious St Patrick's flag.

(Jim Wells of course sounded off about this but...)

However,Councillor McConvery told the News Letter he was determined to press ahead. ''This is the one day of the year we are allowed to be Irish here,'' he said. Many people have contacted me to ask why the flag of our country cannot be flown at the event.'' He said he would not be in breach of any council policy by flying the tricolour at the parade.

RSAUBDate: Tuesday, 2011-03-15, 8:53 PM | Message # 5
Colonel general
Load ...
Well let them fly the flag that is deemed the World over to represent "Ireland", after all it's a day to be proud to be Irish.

CulzieDate: Tuesday, 2011-03-15, 9:45 PM | Message # 6
Generalissimo
Load ...
Aye, nothing to do with us the flag or the day. The Proddies in the above piece certainly wern't participiting. biggrin

RSAUBDate: Wednesday, 2011-03-16, 11:45 PM | Message # 7
Colonel general
Load ...
I think its ironic for example in Londonderry tomorrow there is a full day of events in the Memorial hall and In Coleraine in the evening there is a band parade for St Patricks day. Yet in 1973 a young Londonderry loyalist was killed while taking part in a operation to blow up a Irish bar as the Irish celebrated their patron saint. Oh how things have changed, instead of attacking the Irish it seems a vast number of loyalists now are Irish?

What ever some prods think, and try and argue that St Patrick was a Briton and some sort of pre-reformation Protestant is all well and good but completely ill relevant, The bottom line the day is about celebrating being Irish and is being used to basically suck Protestants into the big green bog. Integration, converting Unionists are the buzz words of Republicans and the Establishment. They are openly saying these things, yet Protestants just don’t seem to care or grasp what is going on around them.

CulzieDate: Thursday, 2011-03-17, 1:19 PM | Message # 8
Generalissimo
Load ...
I have always had a feeling that there were many 'prods' who kept their heads down and mouths shut during the days of the troubles when Ulster was to the forefront but now that this is not the case they have come out of the woodwork. Many were invoked to do so by a strange combination of paramilitary 'leaders' churchmen and politicans. They took a lead from them, though as I've said many already perhaps were 'green' and just waiting on the chance and a lead to 'come out'. I remember the feelin of disbelief when I seen the Scottish bands in Scotland also having parades for paddies day. What the hell! Unbelieveable.

I don't know if you ever read a booklet called 'Sell Out and Surrender'. It came out around about 20 years ago and forecast a lot of these things which have now happened and are continuing to happen. If you haven't seen it I might have a spare copy lying about the place.

As far as paddy's day is concerned one particular part of the initial post spells it out very clearly what is behind all this. What the agenda is...

''But I refuse to celebrate a day that,if we are all being honest,has nothing - in the secular public view - to do with religion and everything to do with Irishness.''

Think that says it all.

CulzieDate: Friday, 2011-03-18, 7:55 PM | Message # 9
Generalissimo
Load ...
A couple of lines from National Geographic 1935. They were sucked into a green bog.

The English who remained took up Irish customs and merged with the native people. The country again reverted to Irish tribalism and Anglo-Irish feudalism...

http://clydesburn.blogspot.com/

CulzieDate: Friday, 2011-03-18, 8:32 PM | Message # 10
Generalissimo
Load ...
Belfast 2011
Attachments: 0355889.jpg (109.1 Kb)

RSAUBDate: Saturday, 2011-03-19, 6:20 PM | Message # 11
Colonel general
Load ...
The crowd looks like it is, a crowd of the Irish and any prod who’s standing amongst them is half-way towards being totally swallowed into the big green bog.

On a more positive note it appears there was a lot of sectarian abuse aimed at Protestants by republicans during the AOH parade in Cookstown with the IRA band from Rasharkin being caught on film aiming sectarian abuse at Protestants. This is the sort of thing we need more of to wake up our own people.

CulzieDate: Sunday, 2011-03-20, 5:19 PM | Message # 12
Generalissimo
Load ...
Didn't know about that RSAUB. Hopefully it will waken up at least some of them up. I took that 'Conditioning' article to the club last night. A fella asked me could he keep it. It was a copy I made from the computer,not the magazine itself. I'm holding on to that. smile I also had copied the Trojan Horse article and the Ruane one too. They were all stapled together so that fella will have a good read. I'll do that each weekend I'm out and have them with me and ready to give to someone who is interested. Its a good way of getting at least some of the message out. You never know that fella may pass it on to others. Heres hoping so.

RSAUBDate: Sunday, 2011-03-20, 6:28 PM | Message # 13
Colonel general
Load ...
Good way of getting the message out. You should get yourself sorted with a facebook account it's a great way of getting the message out. A friend of mine has a loyalist page on it and he has hundreds added to his page and he uses it as a way of spreading news articles. You can click a news story on most websites and link it to you're page.

CulzieDate: Sunday, 2011-03-20, 7:15 PM | Message # 14
Generalissimo
Load ...
I'll have to have a go at that. I'm not into Facebook and that type of site, though have to say it seems a very popular way of communication among people. I use to be on a Dixie forum and they switched to Facebook. They chased me up a few times to go on to it and I did give it a go but couldn't get the feel for it. It seems to me more like a chit-chat thing of one-liners. Well maybe a few more than that. However, i'll give it a try. I think I'm still registered with Facebook.

Just as an aside , can you remember the name of the girl from here who got into trouble for suggesting a Red Hand for the tailfin of an areoplane. She was with Blue Peter I think.

RSAUBDate: Monday, 2011-03-21, 1:04 AM | Message # 15
Colonel general
Load ...
That's the girl from Bangor, think her name is Zoe Salmon, don't hear much about her these days, very good looking girl.

Forum » ..:: General ::.. » General Discussion » The Trojan Horse
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Search: