• «
Forum moderator: RSAUB  
Forum » ..:: General ::.. » General Discussion » Elections 2011
Elections 2011
CulzieDate: Sunday, 2011-05-22, 4:03 PM | Message # 16
Generalissimo
Group: Administrators
Load ...
The link has been pulled, showed a picture of INLA/IRSP down at the plague.
The people that done this are traitors, but I have to admit. I wasn't even that shocked when I heard about this, was just angry and disgusted. Like lost sheep.

Found that link complete with photos etc. According to Kevin Myers USC Constable Plumb was from the Albertbridge Road. Better if these crawlers had put up a plaque to him. This is from another different site I found

From Joe O'Loughlin Blog Archive
Un-typed script.
Frank Flanagan now residing in Bishop Street, Ballyshannon, left Garrison (on the run) April 6th 1922. The Free State/Republican split was budding. April 5th 1922 Constable Plum was shot dead in ambush on the Garrison/Rossinver Rd. The Ambush was carried out by a group from Sligo area under a _ Glynn. The Garrison unit, under Frank Flanagan, was ignorant of this ambush – Frank Flanagan should have been consulted and the ambush carried out under his orders. The Sligo group it appears were a Republican or Irregular group. It remained in the area in possession of a hill for five days after the ambush. Plums body lay in an evacuated farm house for two or three days. The Black and Tans were appointed to recover his body. They threatened to burn Garrison if his body was not returned within a certain time. Rev. Mr. George O’Keefe, Church of Ireland minister, Garrison with Fr. Peter Connolly learned this from Capt. Bellie in charge of the Black & Tans operation.

Ulster Protestants consider themselves to be a separate nation. This nation they call Ulster

RSAUBDate: Monday, 2011-05-23, 0:27 AM | Message # 17
Colonel general
Group: Moderators
Load ...
Interesting piece of information there.

On a side-note I am glad to see the back of Purvis. Hateful woman and today Michael Copeland spoke very well at the rally at City hall, we could do with more like him.

CulzieDate: Monday, 2011-05-23, 1:03 PM | Message # 18
Generalissimo
Load ...
Don't know Dawn Purvis at all,but know her da-in-law. He was in our ABOD Club at one time. I think she has been separated from her husband for a while now. He use to be in the SBYC band.

Mixed feeling about Michael Copeland. Thought him an OK guy. Talking to him one time I was on one of my 'hobby-horses' ie the names etc. I seen he had taken up a few cases along the same lines. One I remember was the removal of the Ulster Flag from a bar in Turkey. So I mentioned about the North Channel being wrongly called the Irish Sea. He was all business saying ''bring me down all the stuff you have on it and I'll take it from there''. I did so,but never heard another thing about it.

As I have said I'm a bit pissed off with politicans nowdays.

Ulster Protestants consider themselves to be a separate nation. This nation they call Ulster

RSAUBDate: Wednesday, 2011-06-01, 11:15 PM | Message # 19
Colonel general
Load ...
Pissed off with them myself, was a real struggle to even convince myself to vote, i'm actually surprised the turnout from our own community was as high, as even someone like myself who is a member of a political party and interested in politics found it hard to make it to the polling station.

CulzieDate: Tuesday, 2011-06-07, 9:47 PM | Message # 20
Generalissimo
Load ...
Don't know if they would be all from our community RSAUB. Im thinking about the DUP anyway, that they would get a lot of votes not from the aul style unionists but from a lot of middle-of-the-road peace at any price people. People who fear a return to the old ways and therefor vote to keep the status-quo cosy arrangement between the shinners and the dupers in place.

The dupers have played a brilliant game. Being the true-blue Prods for years and then switching to licking sinn fein ass. Think Foster,Donaldson etc seen what way the dupers were going and jumped ship from the Ulster Unionists. I think they even kow-towed om a Friday so it could be called the GFA. But I noticed the Queen in her speech to parliament called it the BA. Agreement and Treaties are usually called afer the place where they were signed. But once again weak-kneed (or stupid) unionists signed up on the Friday when I'm sure they could have stalled it for just another day/ Not a big issue I know, but another sign of the ineptness of the clowns we have at the rudder of unionism.

RSAUBDate: Tuesday, 2011-06-07, 11:13 PM | Message # 21
Colonel general
Load ...
Very true, they did play a blinder, had a lot of people fooled for years. What really worries me is the amount of Prods voting for Alliance. It seems now that Sinn Fein and the DUP will remain in power-sharing together for years to come, as the UUP are falling apart and the SDLP will never be able to challenge Sinn Fein again as they just haven't got the people of character like Seamus Mallon and John Hume, to win the support on the ground within the Irish community and Ulster Catholics always tend to vote for the extremes.

CulzieDate: Thursday, 2011-06-09, 8:06 PM | Message # 22
Generalissimo
Load ...
Yeah they will always move to the extreme. It happened in 1918 when they ditched Redmond and its continued to happen up until the present day.

I was amazed that when they brought the ira/sinn fein in from the cold via John Hume that it was said that this would benefit the sdlp and lead to the demise of sinn fein. You wonder where some of these people are coming from. Did they not look at what happened to Redmond. What happened to the old Nationalist Party when the SDLP born out of street politics came on the scene. It was a cert that the RC population would move to the shinners.

Sometimes you wonder what some of these clowns are doing in politics. But it us who have to live with their decisions. Thats the rub.

If this Corporation Tax comes in that too is another step down the green brick road. As one caller to the Nolan Show said, ''sinn fein have been calling for 'harmonisation' between the two states and this too is another move in that direction''. Ther'e cutting the strings to Britain gradually and I'm beginning to believe that the different Unionist parties are facilitating this. John Laird in his article in the NL re the Union in the year 2021 said that if the majority vote for a united Ireland then he as a democrat will accept it. The nationalist of NI for 50 years never accepted democracy.And used every move in the book to bring the state down. In the days of 'civil rights' the new buzz word became not democracy but consensus. But we don't hear any of our 'politicans'stating that the same will apply if it ever became a simple majority.

Forum » ..:: General ::.. » General Discussion » Elections 2011
  • Page 2 of 2
  • «
Search: