Wednesday, 2024-05-15, 2:00 PM
Welcome, Guest
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: RSAUB  
Forum » ..:: General ::.. » General Discussion » Zimbabwe policeman is denied asylum in Britain... but Robert
Zimbabwe policeman is denied asylum in Britain... but Robert
RSAUBDate: Sunday, 2011-07-17, 2:08 AM | Message # 1
Colonel general
Group: Moderators
Load ...
Zimbabwe policeman is denied asylum in Britain... but Robert Mugabe torturer can stay

By Jack Doyle, DailyMail.UK

His British great-grandfather fought for his country in the Boer War and on the Somme before the family moved to Zimbabwe.

Now Guy Taylor has sought refuge in Britain, fearing a return to his native land would leave him facing persecution.

But despite his pleas for asylum in this country, immigration judges have dismissed his bid and he faces being deported.

The 31-year-old's case has provoked fury as it follows the decision to allow one of Robert Mugabe's former henchmen to stay in the UK indefinitely.

Phillip Machemedze was involved in 'savage acts of extreme violence', including smashing a man's jaw with pliers and then pulling out his teeth.

But last month it emerged an immigration tribunal ruled he cannot be sent back to Zimbabwe, as he fears for his human rights and could face torture.

Mr Taylor, by contrast, fears he could be deported within weeks.

He was born in Zimbabwe but his great-grandfather was Welsh and served in the Army during the First World War.

His mother's great-grandfather was born in Dublin and emigrated to South Africa at the turn of the last century.

In his asylum claim, Mr Taylor said that as a former policeman and member of the opposition MDC party he would be targeted by the Zimbabwean authorities who would suspect him of being a British spy.

He left the police in 2000 after it came under the influence of Mugabe's ruling Zanu PF party and came to Britain in 2005, where his sister lives.

But judges dismissed his case, saying they were not convinced he was a member of the MDC and that his 'credibility' is damaged as he lived here illegally for two years after his visitor visa expired.

Last night Mr Taylor said: 'If I go back there I will be persecuted.

'I fear for my safety. They are notorious for their brutality.

'I was taken aback that this man, this torturer, can be allowed to stay in the UK and I’m not. I have got a genuine claim for asylum.

'I have put my fears across, I have proved what's going to happen to me, but they won’t listen.'

By contrast, Machemedze has won his case and – failing a successful appeal by the Home Office – will be allowed to stay here indefinitely.

The 46-year-old former member of the feared Central Intelligence Organisation inflicted horrific injuries on Mugabe's political opponents.

He came to Britain in 2000 but didn’t claim asylum for another eight years. His wife has been granted asylum and the couple live in Bristol

Added (2011-07-17, 2:08 Am)
---------------------------------------------
In a nutshell, one of our kin is being deported, to a land ravaged by anti-White racism and a former Zanu-PF torturer is allowed to stay. All this in modern Britain, it is an out and out disgrace.

The double standards on show are staggering and it is all to do with making a public example out of whites, to show that the immigration process isn’t aimed totally against so-called ethnic minorities.

This is just a latest example of anti-White British bias by immigration officials and the problem is they are playing games with peoples lives.

CulzieDate: Sunday, 2011-07-17, 4:59 PM | Message # 2
Generalissimo
Group: Administrators
Load ...
Typical British attitude. We see it here in Ulster almost on a daily basis. The Arabs had the British (goverments) weighed up...''they sell their friends to buy their enemies''

Ulster Protestants consider themselves to be a separate nation. This nation they call Ulster

RSAUBDate: Sunday, 2011-07-17, 6:12 PM | Message # 3
Colonel general
Load ...
Exactly, why did our ancestors fight and die for this Nation? We have turned our back on our kin in Australia and New Zealand, Canada, South Africa and Rhodesia. Yet their forefathers fought and died for us.

There is no such word as loyalty when you’re dealing with the political elite in the United Kingdom.

CulzieDate: Sunday, 2011-07-17, 8:10 PM | Message # 4
Generalissimo
Load ...
Well put RSAUB. Sums them up. I remember Roy Welensky saying something similar when they had to deal with the then British goverment. He mentioned Ian McCloud and said when they talked about demococry it was just really their word for treachery. He felt very bitter and let down. But it wasn't too long before they did the same with Ian Smith.

I remember an Aussie PM citing how Britain had turned its back on the Commonwealth and turned to Europe. He advocated Australia taking the same attuitude with Britain. I can see his point.

Ulster Protestants consider themselves to be a separate nation. This nation they call Ulster

RSAUBDate: Monday, 2011-07-18, 2:33 AM | Message # 5
Colonel general
Load ...
I can see their point, the Commonwealth now is a farce, at the end of the day in terms of trade, we turned our back on our kin in favour of Europe. Why should New Zealand or Canada, OZ etc feel any affection other than a cultural one, for a nation that turned it's back on it's own.

CulzieDate: Tuesday, 2011-07-19, 7:09 PM | Message # 6
Generalissimo
Load ...
That is the truth RSAUB. Lets be honest,they have said on different ocassions that they wanted out of here and I believe they also said they would work to bring this about. I felt agrieved about this but it has opened my eyes to the true relationship between the loyal people of Ulster and our Westminster masters. We are the loyal tribe but it is not returned. However, I believe we should now be pragmatic about it and not let them off the hook so to speak. If its just a business arrangement now as they seem to play it,so be it and we'll take the same attitude.

Not all those who joined the old UVF went to France. Some said they had joined the Volunteers to fight and defend Ulster and that was their only reason in joining. As things have turned out maybe they were right.

Theres a school of thought that says the British goverment were hoping that many of them would die and few would be left to defend Ulster. Maybe not so, but nevertheless many died and the name 'Ulster' which Carson and Craig insisted be in the 36th name was refused them when they came home and wanted to call their newly found country by that name.

RSAUBDate: Thursday, 2011-07-21, 10:59 PM | Message # 7
Colonel general
Load ...
I would agree totally, politicians have a career, for us this is our land. Play them at their own game, make it that difficult and awkward for them to achieve their objective and work to objectives of our own, that in the long term will improve our community. Simple things like education, getting our flag recognised politically as the official flag of Northern Ireland and ultimately Northern Irelands title changed to it’s proper name of Ulster or British Ulster. These things can be worked on, even if we don’t achieve the objectives, the campaigns would raise peoples awareness of their identity. I am a firm believer that despite how badly everything is going and it is going the wrong way, it’s as clear as day to see for anybody who wants to see but if we can maintain our identity and culture and stop losing more territory hand over foot and promote education and cultural and historical awareness within our community, then we can survive and a United Ireland is far from inevitable. Even simple things like these golfers from Northern Ireland all being proud of being from Northern Ireland and two of them waving an Ulster flag in front of the Worlds media is a major contribution to our cause when it comes to showing the World and even people within the U.K. that we exist as a separate nation to Eire.

CulzieDate: Friday, 2011-07-22, 4:40 PM | Message # 8
Generalissimo
Load ...
Quote.....

even if we don’t achieve the objectives, the campaigns would raise peoples awareness of their identity. I am a firm believer that despite how badly everything is going and it is going the wrong way, it’s as clear as day to see for anybody who wants to see but if we can maintain our identity and culture and stop losing more territory hand over foot and promote education and cultural and historical awareness within our community, then we can survive and a United Ireland is far from inevitable. Even simple things like these golfers from Northern Ireland all being proud of being from Northern Ireland and two of them waving an Ulster flag in front of the Worlds media is a major contribution to our cause when it comes to showing the World and even people within the U.K. that we exist as a separate nation to Eire.

Your on the money RSAUB. Geat stuff. We just have to burrow away even though we may not get a good response or indeed a response of any sort we are still putting it into people's minds that there is an alternative. That they see themselves as being a different people. Yes we can go along/put up, with the present climate ,but that alternative is always there in the background. Looking at things over the years I have noticed that it is more when the loyalist people feel threatened that 'Ulster' comes more to the fore. Like that I.N. article about Craigavon ..we really underneath it all see ourlelves as people of Ulster. I use 'Ulster' when I'm sending away for stuff as that helps to get the name spread and recognised. I have never had a problem so far with this. Canada has Vancouver BC. So whats the matter with Belfast,Coleraine,Bangor, BU Its wee simple things our people could do. But as long as we keep our school of thought always there in peoples' consciencness. They will be at least aware of it,that there is an altenative. Maybe next year will help to boost this identity.

Yes the golfers have helped to put us on the world stage and as a different country. I have noticed a few people on TV/radio etc use the word 'country' and not 'province'. There is too much of this toadying to nationalists by avoiding titles which might ruffle their feathers.

I have put a post onto one of the Confederate sites about our golfers. As WF Marshall said we should make it clear what part of this island those who have did great things came from. If we don't then we leave it open for others to claim what is not righfully theirs.

RSAUBDate: Monday, 2011-08-08, 1:12 AM | Message # 9
Colonel general
Load ...
WF Marshall, is on the money all those years ago. If we don't claim what is rightfully ours, they most certainly will.

Between 1979 and 1981 O'Brien was editor-in-chief of The Observer newspaper in Britain. Shortly after starting as editor he sent a memo to Mary Holland, the Observer's Northern Ireland correspondent, whose coverage had won her the Journalist of the Year award:

“It is a very serious weakness of your coverage of Irish affairs that you are a very poor judge of Irish Catholics. That gifted and talkative community includes some of the most expert conmen and conwomen in the world and I believe you have been conned."

They are indeed expert conmen and conwomen. Oh when Irish eyes are smiling?

CulzieDate: Monday, 2011-08-08, 4:16 PM | Message # 10
Generalissimo
Load ...
'If you get the name of an early riser then you can lie in bed to teatime'. They certainly know how to play that card.

Forum » ..:: General ::.. » General Discussion » Zimbabwe policeman is denied asylum in Britain... but Robert
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: