• Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: RSAUB  
Forum » ..:: General ::.. » Videos » Ulster Plantation..who got what
Ulster Plantation..who got what
CulzieDate: Tuesday, 2011-02-22, 7:58 PM | Message # 1
Generalissimo
Group: Administrators
Load ...

Ulster Protestants consider themselves to be a separate nation. This nation they call Ulster

RSAUBDate: Tuesday, 2011-02-22, 10:46 PM | Message # 2
Colonel general
Group: Moderators
Load ...
As much as I hate the bias of his paper (Sunday World) towards the Loyalist community, he is absolutely spot on for a change.

CulzieDate: Wednesday, 2011-02-23, 1:13 PM | Message # 3
Generalissimo
Group: Administrators
Load ...
Have to say it myself RSAUB he is telling it as it was. People who should maybe know better dive in and repeat whatever the 'oppressed','suppressed' and 'repressed' rolleyes care to tell them. Webb was guilty of that too in his programme though he did explain how O Neill came to lose some of his land which was more a matter of wheeling-dealing something like what goes on in the business world today. The picture painted by the usual suspects is of the Scots riding in like the Mongol hordes burning,pillaging,and driving off the ordinary people as they worked in the fields.

I read an account somewhere of what Antrim and Down were like when the first Scottish settlers arrived. It said something like ..in th Ards area there were not above a dozen houses. In 'Dawn of the Ulster-Scots' it says the place was desolate..uninhabited,neglected,barren. But of course that wouldn't fit in with the 'persecution' and NINA tales of the MOPE people.

Ulster Protestants consider themselves to be a separate nation. This nation they call Ulster

Forum » ..:: General ::.. » Videos » Ulster Plantation..who got what
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: