Friday, 2024-04-26, 6:43 AM
Welcome, Guest
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: RSAUB  
Forum » ..:: General ::.. » Pictures » Thumbs up for Ulster!
Thumbs up for Ulster!
PalmettoPatriotDate: Friday, 2010-09-03, 3:48 AM | Message # 1
Group: Removed
Load ...

Thanks for the flag, my friend!

CulzieDate: Monday, 2010-09-20, 10:21 PM | Message # 2
Generalissimo
Group: Administrators
Load ...
No bother PP. Hope when you see it you will think of aul Ulster and the few days you had here and in the Ranger's Club etc. I know it will always be in my memory. thumbup

Ulster Protestants consider themselves to be a separate nation. This nation they call Ulster

PalmettoPatriotDate: Monday, 2010-09-20, 11:52 PM | Message # 3
Load ...

SlappataigDate: Wednesday, 2010-09-22, 8:18 PM | Message # 4
Colonel
Group: Checked
Load ...
its brilliant when a dixieman is so proud of his ulster roots biggrin

karetkaDate: Saturday, 2010-11-06, 4:19 AM | Message # 5
Load ...

How much support is there for Ulster in the southern US at the moment? Ulster does not appear to have had many advocates for its side on this side of the Atlantic over the years - certainly not nearly what the other side has had?

CulzieDate: Saturday, 2010-11-06, 6:50 PM | Message # 6
Generalissimo
Load ...
Oh I'd say your right karetka and there is a job on hand to let folks know the score. The tendancy to lump us together with the famine irish arrival in America is to blame for some of this. But its not all bad new. I have just posted this on the Ulster Connections site. This was in the Wittens magazine about 4/5 years ago

Letter to Wittens magazine of the Ulster Scots Heritage Council from Ronnie Thompson Edenbrooke Primary School Belfast.

Whilst on holiday recently in Los Angeles,my niece Jennifer and her husband Jose suggested that we travel down to San Diego and visit the Aircraft Carrier USS Midway. After a two hour drive down and then a most enjoyable four hour tour of this magnificent ship we decided it was time to head back up home to LA.

On the way back up the coast,Jennifer's husband Jose suggested that we should finish our day with a quiet drink and of course it is bad manners to refuse! A few miles on down the road we spotted a pub called 'The Field' and being a loyal Ulsterman I agreed ''this will do for me''. Upon entering the pub we discovered it was a themed Irish bar and the barman was Dominic! We had barely finished our first drink when the door opened and to my amazement or astonishment in walked about 100 or more men and women wearing kilts. As there wern't enough seats for them all we offered some of them seats beside us. I asked them ''why the kilts?'' and to my susprise the answer was this ''Sir,we are the Ulster-Scots of North Carolina''. After at least two hours crack and a few pints to ease the vocal chords,we bid each other goodbye. ''Ye all come to North Carolina'' was the invitation and ''You'll be mighty welcome,but if you are of the clan Campbell you cannae sleep the night!

The Ulster-Scots are everywhere these days!

Ronnie Thompson

Ulster Protestants consider themselves to be a separate nation. This nation they call Ulster

SlappataigDate: Monday, 2010-11-08, 7:58 PM | Message # 7
Colonel
Group: Checked
Load ...
^in an irish bar??

CulzieDate: Sunday, 2011-01-16, 8:47 PM | Message # 8
Generalissimo
Load ...
Yip I noticed that myself but they wern't aware of it until they were in it it seems, and he did put an exclaimation mark after Dominic. Of course I supposed they could have turned and walked out. But then they wouldn't have met the Ulster-Scots from NC

Forum » ..:: General ::.. » Pictures » Thumbs up for Ulster!
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: