• Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: RSAUB  
Forum » ..:: General ::.. » Pictures » The 'Lizzie' (Lisburn) Rd
The 'Lizzie' (Lisburn) Rd
CulzieDate: Monday, 2012-03-26, 5:12 PM | Message # 1
Generalissimo
Group: Administrators
Load ...

Ulster Protestants consider themselves to be a separate nation. This nation they call Ulster

RSAUBDate: Monday, 2012-03-26, 9:07 PM | Message # 2
Colonel general
Group: Moderators
Load ...
Always liked the Pride of Windsor and it wasn't that long ago that they went off the road. Sad how that areas changed, a few lads from the Village still built a bonfire down in waste land beside the railway lines, but as I said they are from the Village I don't think any of them are from the Lisburn Road area, nowadays when big GAA matches are on you'd be surprised how many put them out their windows.

CulzieDate: Monday, 2012-03-26, 11:28 PM | Message # 3
Generalissimo
Load ...
The Lisburn Rd area was always a fairly loyalist area. But even then away back a cousin of mine had got married and bought a house in Ulsterville Gardens. His wife was on the Lisburn Rd doing a bit of shopping one day and she ran into this girl (rc) she knew from work a few years before. She thought she was just over shopping on the road but it turned out she was living in the area. The cousin's wife passed some remark half joking like ' i didn't think I would run into you on this road' The woman replied that she was a bit wary but her priest had told her she'd be alright here as there was a few others had moved in and were OK. Not sure but I think she went on to say that the church had helped her financilly as well.

Ulster Protestants consider themselves to be a separate nation. This nation they call Ulster

RSAUBDate: Monday, 2012-03-26, 11:54 PM | Message # 4
Colonel general
Load ...
Just shows ya, but the reality is regardless of how popular our quiet an area may be compared to other areas, you have to nip these things in the bud otherwise you end up with the mess we have today.

CulzieDate: Thursday, 2012-04-05, 11:14 PM | Message # 5
Generalissimo
Load ...
I know that years ago when some of the other sort moved into a street in that area they were ignored and given the message that they wern't welcome. Of course this wasn't a quick fix it took time but it did work. That street stayed 100% Prod. I don't think it would be today though. Of course I may be wrong.

RSAUBDate: Friday, 2012-04-06, 6:09 PM | Message # 6
Colonel general
Load ...
That's the sort of treatment that's needed, although I doubt these days that Prods would even stick together enough to achieve such results. Unfortunately our lot just aren't team players so to speak.

CulzieDate: Saturday, 2012-04-07, 4:56 PM | Message # 7
Generalissimo
Load ...
Yes indeed 'aren't team players' sums it up. Another thing is they don't seem to have a grasp of and a belief in their own history and so are easy prey for the vultures of republicanism who are well-grounded in theirs and are able to pass on their 'take' on happenings of the past.

RSAUBDate: Saturday, 2012-04-07, 6:57 PM | Message # 8
Colonel general
Load ...
Very true, they lack a belief in their identity and some deep down probably believe that this land belongs to the Irish etc.

Forum » ..:: General ::.. » Pictures » The 'Lizzie' (Lisburn) Rd
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: