• Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: RSAUB  
Forum » ..:: General ::.. » Pictures » Billy On The Wall Sandy Row
Billy On The Wall Sandy Row
CulzieDate: Tuesday, 2012-07-03, 5:44 PM | Message # 1
Generalissimo
Group: Administrators
Load ...
The new mural King Billy (minus horse) on the wall in Sandy Row.

Ulster Protestants consider themselves to be a separate nation. This nation they call Ulster

RSAUBDate: Tuesday, 2012-07-03, 11:29 PM | Message # 2
Colonel general
Group: Moderators
Load ...
It's decent enough, although why the need to hire in a professional artist and why the need to move away from forklore? As you said may be it's minus the horse so as not to often the Romans or to bring back to many memories of the battle of the Boyne, and why the use of the word 'Irish' at the bottom when it lists were the soldiers in the Williamite army came from, it's well documented that during the Williamite war our ancestors documented the enemy as the Irish.

I drove down Sandy row on Sunday night, a lot of new painted buildings, but so many murals have been painted over or left to rot that there is absolutely nothing really to attract tourists into the row, to much grant money has been paid out and to many murals have been painted over or replaced with silly football murals.

CulzieDate: Wednesday, 2012-07-04, 2:16 PM | Message # 3
Generalissimo
Load ...
Agree,its a good looking well done mural. But also a climb-down. I can't see the reference to 'irish soldiers'from that picture. I suppose its to be expected given the ignorance of some people, also of course the promoting of irish at every given opportunity and the demoting of Britishness and Ullishness.

Ulster Protestants consider themselves to be a separate nation. This nation they call Ulster

RSAUBDate: Thursday, 2012-07-05, 0:18 AM | Message # 4
Colonel general
Group: Moderators
Load ...
It's on the Orange bit of the bottom, can't see it in that picture, as it's blocked by the barrier.

CulzieDate: Thursday, 2012-07-05, 8:39 PM | Message # 5
Generalissimo
Load ...
Right O RSAUB got you. Will have a look the next time I'm in Sandy Row.

Forum » ..:: General ::.. » Pictures » Billy On The Wall Sandy Row
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: