Forum » ..:: General ::.. » Ulster news » My Heart Is With Ulster
My Heart Is With Ulster
CulzieDate: Sunday, 2013-05-05, 7:32 PM | Message # 1
Generalissimo
Group: Administrators
Load ...
My heart is with Ulster, says Stephen Ferris

By Niall Crozier – 04 May 2013

Ulster, Ireland and Lions flanker Stephen Ferris has nailed his colours to the mast in declaring that his heart belongs to his native province.

"I love Ulster," he said. "I love Ulster Rugby. Ulster is my home. It's the place I love."

For months it has been speculated the back row star – a hero of Ireland's 2009 Grand Slam success – will be on his way at the end of the season, with Japan touted as a possible destination.

But even if – as looks increasingly likely – that happens, Ferris is and always will be a proud Ulsterman first and foremost.

Speaking to the Belfast Telegraph at Methodist College's Pirrie Park sports fields just down the road from Ravenhill, he wore his heart on his sleeve.

Yesterday, when he took time out for this exclusive interview, Ferris spoke about 'we', 'us' and 'our' each time he referred to Ulster for whom he has played on 102 occasions. Everything he said made it obvious this is where his heart lies.

[u][color=#0000ff]http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/sport......u]

Ulster Protestants consider themselves to be a separate nation. This nation they call Ulster

RSAUBDate: Friday, 2013-05-10, 5:55 PM | Message # 2
Colonel general
Group: Moderators
Load ...
Good to see yet another man who is proud to call his homeland by it's proper name. Say her name with honor and pride ULSTER!

CulzieDate: Friday, 2013-05-10, 9:32 PM | Message # 3
Generalissimo
Load ...
Yes indeed

Ulster O Ulster the land of my birth
Place of my childhood
Gem of God's earth
Our foes they are many
We are but few
But Ulster O Ulster to thee we stay true

Ulster O Ulster we will never forsake
Raise high the Red Hand let the people awake
Your glens and your mountains
Will echo the cry
That Ulster brave Ulster shall never die

Ulster Protestants consider themselves to be a separate nation. This nation they call Ulster

RSAUBDate: Saturday, 2013-05-11, 9:21 PM | Message # 4
Colonel general
Group: Moderators
Load ...
Lovely words Culzie, that's all we can do is fight on while the enemies and traitors grow ever stronger in terms of numbers by the day those of us who remain true to our Ulster can at least look at ourselves in the mirror and know what exactly we are and our Country's proper name, while these egotistical parasites and money mad gangsters bend over backwards to destroy our Country and community. The banners use to have the words "Beware of Peaceful Penetration",  Ulster has never been in such danger as she is now due to the traitors in our own ranks.

CulzieDate: Wednesday, 2013-05-15, 8:45 PM | Message # 5
Generalissimo
Load ...
What can I say except that you have put it into words the feelings of a good few people. A brilliant summing up and assessment of where we stand today. We can only hope that the fortitude and spirit of men like Congal, Cuchulinn,Carson,Craig and Campsie has not completely died. But if it has WE(as you have said) can take some comfort from the fact that we were not part of the treachery in which others have indulged.

Well spoken RSAUB

Forum » ..:: General ::.. » Ulster news » My Heart Is With Ulster
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: