Forum » ..:: General ::.. » Ulster news » Bid To Burn Out Rasharkin Protestant
Bid To Burn Out Rasharkin Protestant
CulzieDate: Saturday, 2011-07-16, 10:43 AM | Message # 1
Generalissimo
Group: Administrators
Load ...
N.L.

Published on Friday 15 July 2011 08:38

A PROTESTANT man whose car was torched in a sectarian attack in Rasharkin has said his attackers will not stop until he leaves his home.

The victim, who does not wish to be named, was alerted by his dog’s barking to the danger posed by the burning vehicle in the early hours of Wednesday morning.

“The car was parked up close to the back door – if the car had exploded then the house would have went up in flames,” he said.

The troubled north Antrim village, which has been plagued by a catalogue of sectarian attacks in recent years, is being terrorised by dissident republican elements, according to the victim.

“I have been attacked before, along with my brother, by this same gang.

“Protestant families have had to leave the village over the last few years, and they won’t stop until I have to leave.”

Ballymoney mayor, John Finlay, described it as “a blatant sectarian attack to drive a Protestant resident out of Rasharkin”.

“Over the last number of years the Protestant community in Rasharkin has been dwindling as a result of this republican intimidation. This kind of intimidation needs to stop immediately,” the DUP representative said.

A police spokesman said a sectarian motive was one line of inquiry which they were pursuing in their investigation.

Meanwhile, TUV leader Jim Allister has voiced his condemnation of republican graffiti sprayed on a recently-renovated Orange Hall in nearby Dunloy.

“It’s still the same intolerant belligerence which shapes the republican mind,” the North Antrim MLA said.

Ulster Protestants consider themselves to be a separate nation. This nation they call Ulster

RSAUBDate: Sunday, 2011-07-17, 2:14 AM | Message # 2
Colonel general
Group: Moderators
Load ...
Yet more evidence of ethnic cleansing in Rasharkin. What really annoys me is the biased media reporting. This attack happened on the 12th night early hours of Wednesday morning, yet no mention of it all day Thursday in the news and even when it made the news, nothing substantial. No mention either of the sectarian abuse the band received when returning to Rasharkin from a handful of republican thugs.

The police actually said at one stage a motive is un-clear at this point, despite this family being targetted on a number of occaisions by the scum.

CulzieDate: Tuesday, 2011-08-30, 8:24 PM | Message # 3
Generalissimo
Load ...
Aye the media are definitely one-sided in their reporting over the years and the police are not to far behind them in ignoring Catholic attacks against Protestants. Re the trouble on the Newtownards Rd that time. It was only later that the cops admitted that the trouble had actually started on Saturday prior to the trouble on the Monday night and this had come from the S.S.

The Shankill Mirror's last edition reported on its front page about a young lad being beat and assulted on the Ballysillan Playing Field. One of the attackers wore a Celtic top and they (there were 3 of them) were shouting 'kill the hun'. The police never bothered about and the boys family had to chase them up,but still no answer. The Shankill Mirror then took it up and they are still waiting to hear from them re arrests etc. But this only appeared in the S.M. At least I didn't see it in any of the main papers or on the TV.

Ulster Protestants consider themselves to be a separate nation. This nation they call Ulster

RSAUBDate: Saturday, 2011-09-03, 8:52 AM | Message # 4
Colonel general
Load ...
Yip, and a fortnight ago now a 13 year old Protestant boy got beat up in Yorkgate after leaving the cinema,again they tried to rob him as he left the complex to head back up towards the Shore Road for a bus, they hit him and his friends and used sectarian abuse against them. Even stole one of the boys bus tickets, the kids were from New Mossley and a woman from Tigers Bay had to pay a taxis home for them after she seen them running away crying.

In Coleraine on Monday of this week, a gang of 12-15 republican hoods came up into the center of the town at dinner time 17-18:00 armed with metal poles, they wrecked a couple of cars and battered a young Protestant in his early 20s,chanted IIIRA and yet there has be no mention in the media and the police made no arrests.

On Saturday a week ago a Union flag was ripped down in Ballytober (small loyalist hamlet just outside Bushmills) and a brick was thrown at the house.

However small these incidents may seem, you can be sure if our side was carrying them out against the other side, it would be headline news.

What really concerns me is we all hear of these attacks in our local area that never make the news, you wonder what else is happening throughout the Country that you never hear about.

SlappataigDate: Monday, 2011-10-10, 6:19 PM | Message # 5
Colonel
Group: Checked
Load ...
yet our "defences" are so busy being paid off to look the other way and do nothing its unbelievable, nearly every man for themselves now!!!!

rab i love this forum and think its better than pulse/EL etc but it really leaves my heart in a bad sketch when i get the chance to log on here!

good lord im sitting here shaking with anger at RSAUBs post

Added (2011-10-10, 6:19 PM)
---------------------------------------------
yet our "defences" are so busy being paid off to look the other way and do nothing its unbelievable, nearly every man for themselves now!!!!

rab i love this forum and think its better than pulse/EL etc but it really leaves my heart in a bad sketch when i get the chance to log on here!

good lord im sitting here shaking with anger at RSAUBs post

CulzieDate: Tuesday, 2011-10-11, 5:52 PM | Message # 6
Generalissimo
Load ...
Maybe with being a bit older I don't get the same feelings of anger that I use to years ago but I can well understand your feelings. Its galling to see how attacks on Protestants don't get the same coverage. Today there is a report of a 'sectarian' attack in the Newtownards Rd area. The media are in right away and reporting it as 'sectarian'. Maybe it is ..I don't know,but what I do know is that the media are not in so quick using the word 'sectarian' when there are attacks on Protestants or their property. Thats if they even bother to report it at all and even if they do is classed as a common assult or vandalism.

We were up against it from the start of the troubles as far as the media go. They wern't interested in hearing another side to the events which happened then and its still the same today. Maybe we don't whinge enough or are not whingers by nature. Our people are inclined to get on with life, and those of our own who suffer are not remembered the same way that the micks remember theirs. Finicuane and Edgar Graham are but one example of this.

RSAUBDate: Tuesday, 2011-10-11, 9:42 PM | Message # 7
Colonel general
Load ...
Very true, the likes of Edgar Graham and Robert Bradford are long forgotten but you would think the Finucane killing and Bloody Sunday only happened last week, the way their reported on.

Republicans are expert con-men, prods on the only hand, do have the attitude of just getting on with things, but there is also a laziness within loyalism which needs to be tackled, the established media, likes of the main papers and BBC,UTV etc, no longer have the same sway that they once had, with the internet we have a medium to get our message out there and it's in our hands to do so.

CulzieDate: Sunday, 2011-10-16, 3:23 PM | Message # 8
Generalissimo
Load ...
Yout spot on there RSAUB, and yes there is a laziness among Prods. Maybe we had it too easy when we had our own goverment and had the attitude 'oh they'll sort it out'which has carried on though the generations to this day. All we can do is to continue to highlight the agenda of both republicans (with their Unionist Outreach propaganda) and those fifth columnists within unionism aiding them in their goal.

RSAUBDate: Monday, 2011-10-17, 10:15 PM | Message # 9
Colonel general
Load ...
Indeed as time passes, the traitors are coming more and more to the fore. Personally i stopped taking many of them serious long ago, what gets me is the genuine state of our community, the lack of a desire for an education from our people, under-represented in the Civil service, at University, within the legal profession and within any skilled profession that requires an education. We are turning into an under-class.

CulzieDate: Monday, 2011-10-17, 10:29 PM | Message # 10
Generalissimo
Load ...
Think years ago there was an urge among the Protestant working class to 'better yourself'. Andy Woods I think was a guy who wrote an article about the Protestant working-class pride of years ago and how it seemed to be disappearing. Maybe its something to do with the drop in Protestants being Protestants religion is not a part of their everyday life now. I say this because the Presbyterians especially encouraged learning among their people. Education was a big thing to them. Those that hadn't the wish to be academic were told to get a trade. But above all we need the numbers and we saw what happened to Cavan Monaghan and Donegal because they hadn't the numbers. So we can't plead ignorance.

RSAUBDate: Tuesday, 2011-10-18, 8:44 PM | Message # 11
Colonel general
Load ...
Indeed, there was once a desire to better yourself amongst the Protestant working classes, this is evident amongst many of our business community. I have noticed this myself with a lot of those aged 50 plus, prods who came from working class areas and worked there way up or build up their own firms, the likes of Robert McCartney is an example, a working class Prod who went on to become a barrister and tried to put something back into his community, those of that generation that I have seen, had a bit of the pioneering spirit that use to be so evident within British society, from the exploits during the Victorian era, to the pioneering spirit of the Ulster-Scots and those Britons who colonised Australia, Canada, New Zealand, Rhodesia etc.

Forum » ..:: General ::.. » Ulster news » Bid To Burn Out Rasharkin Protestant
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: