Forum moderator: RSAUB  
Forum » ..:: General ::.. » Ulster news » Boys To Step Out For Lundy Event
Boys To Step Out For Lundy Event
CulzieDate: Saturday, 2011-12-03, 8:12 PM | Message # 1
Generalissimo
Group: Administrators
Load ...
http://www.newsletter.co.uk/news....3302519

Ulster Protestants consider themselves to be a separate nation. This nation they call Ulster

RSAUBDate: Sunday, 2011-12-04, 9:41 AM | Message # 2
Colonel general
Group: Moderators
Load ...
Missed it this year, as I was shattered after work. Always one of the best days of the year, good to see there is interest for 9 new clubs forming next year.

Heard from friends, that it was a great day as always,a very important parade to remember such an important part of our history, also yesterday marked the anniversary of George Seawrights murder, is the ABOD club formed in his memory still going?

CulzieDate: Sunday, 2011-12-04, 8:41 PM | Message # 3
Generalissimo
Load ...
Same here I never made it either however there is always next Saturday(17th) to look forward to. Wee bit of a walk (and burning of Lundy) from LVRC around the area.

That Seawright Club? I keep meaning to ask about. They came in,in a blaze of glory and then seem to disappear off the scene. I remember it fairly well because we reformed the Broadway at the same time and I was in touch with the fella from the Donegall Rd who took mostly to do with the forming of the Seawright Club. I got in touch with him to see if he was interested in joining us,but he said he was forming the Seawright Club. I remember they bought a banner which is a bit unusual for ABOD Clubs particular in Belfast. I remember too they had a Remembrance service in the Spectrum for him and also a parade to a mural of him,and then nothing. Never heard anything more about them.

Ulster Protestants consider themselves to be a separate nation. This nation they call Ulster

RSAUBDate: Monday, 2011-12-05, 9:49 AM | Message # 4
Colonel general
Group: Moderators
Load ...
Yip, i see the mural is still there, but fading badly. Would be interesting to hear what's happened with the club.

Yip, there's a few lundy parades still to go, in the east and shankill, so something to look forward too.

CulzieDate: Monday, 2011-12-05, 3:25 PM | Message # 5
Generalissimo
Load ...
Aye we'll ''keep er lit'' specool

Forum » ..:: General ::.. » Ulster news » Boys To Step Out For Lundy Event
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: