Friday, 2024-04-19, 6:49 PM
Welcome, Guest
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: RSAUB  
Forum » ..:: General ::.. » Ulster news » IRA call the shots again ?
IRA call the shots again ?
CulzieDate: Wednesday, 2014-04-02, 9:00 PM | Message # 1
Generalissimo
Group: Administrators
Load ...
Well maybe not, but what about the judiciary if the police wouldn't play ball ?

Norman Baxter, who was formerly a Detective Chief Superintendent in the PSNI, was giving evidence to the Northern Ireland Affairs Select Committee at Westminster on Wednesday.

Independent MP Sylvia Hermon asked him about a previous comment he had made regarding the "unhealthy obsession by officials in the NIO about prioritising individuals on the run and about ensuring that they were cleared to return to the North".

Mr Baxter responded that he felt the NIO had put pressure on the police to allow high profile members of Sinn Féin who were wanted to return to the UK.

He also gave an example of the events that followed the 2007 arrest of prominent republican Gerry McGeough and co-accused Vincent McAnespie over the attempted murder of part-time UDR soldier Samuel Brush in 1981.

"They were arrested on the 8 March, sometime around teatime they were taken to the serious Crime Suite at Antrim," Mr Baxter explained.

"At 9.10pm, I received a phone call from the duty ACC at [PSNI] headquarters. Gerry Adams had telephoned Downing Street, demanding their release, Downing Street rang the Chief Constable's office looking their release and I got a phone call suggesting that I should release them."

"That in my mind is attempting to pervert the course of justice," he added.
He said he continued the investigation, which resulted in the conviction and sentence of Gerry McGeough for attempted murder.

Mr McAnespie was acquitted at trial of the charges related to the shooting.

http://www.u.tv/News....ca42675

Ulster Protestants consider themselves to be a separate nation. This nation they call Ulster

RSAUBDate: Thursday, 2014-04-10, 11:40 PM | Message # 2
Colonel general
Group: Moderators
Load ...
Absolutely disgusting, it's been a peace process at any price but nothing surprises me anymore especially when your dealing with the British political establishment who have no morals or integrity.

CulzieDate: Friday, 2014-04-11, 8:18 PM | Message # 3
Generalissimo
Group: Administrators
Load ...
It was an oft repeated statement during the 'troubles' ''yes of course we want peace, but not at any price '' That has been well and truly ditched.

Ulster Protestants consider themselves to be a separate nation. This nation they call Ulster

RSAUBDate: Friday, 2014-04-11, 11:56 PM | Message # 4
Colonel general
Group: Moderators
Load ...
That's it, as long as there's no bombs on the mainland everything and anything can and has been given up to appease the rebels.

Forum » ..:: General ::.. » Ulster news » IRA call the shots again ?
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: