Thursday, 2024-03-28, 7:25 PM
Welcome, Guest
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: RSAUB  
Forum » ..:: General ::.. » Ulster news » Gerry Adams threatened a backlash on McConville family.
Gerry Adams threatened a backlash on McConville family.
CulzieDate: Monday, 2014-05-05, 10:31 PM | Message # 1
Generalissimo
Group: Administrators
Load ...
A son of Jean McConville has said Sinn Féin leader Gerry Adams warned him several years ago there would be a "backlash" if he released the names of those he believed killed her.

Michael McConville told the BBC he took Mr Adams' remarks "as a threat".

Mr Adams was released without charge on Sunday after being questioned for four days about the 1972 killing.
The Sinn Fein president claimed there was a "sustained, malicious, untruthful campaign" against him.
It is believed police had wanted to charge Mr Adams with IRA membership.
It is likely that police would have considered such a charge before he was released on Sunday night, but did not have sufficient evidence for a reasonable prospect of prosecution.

Jean McConville, a 37-year-old widow and mother-of-10, was abducted from her Belfast home, shot and secretly buried. Her body was found on a beach in County Louth in 2003.

She was kidnapped from her home in Divis Flats in west Belfast in front of her children after being wrongly accused of being an informer for the British Army.
Her son Michael said his family would fight "to the bitter end" for justice.

He said he had met Mr Adams around the time that the then Northern Ireland Police Ombudsman Nuala O'Loan was drawing up a report that would go on to dismiss claims Mrs McConville was an informer.

Mr McConville said: "Gerry Adams says to me, 'Michael, you are getting a letter of support from the republican people'.
"He says 'if you release the names I hope you are ready for the backlash' - I took it as a threat."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-27280446

Ulster Protestants consider themselves to be a separate nation. This nation they call Ulster

RSAUBDate: Tuesday, 2014-05-06, 8:23 AM | Message # 2
Colonel general
Group: Moderators
Load ...
Gerry Adams is one very sick individual, a complete piece of crap who even helped cover up paedophilia in his own family and still the Roman Catholics continue to vote for him and his ilk on mass.

CulzieDate: Wednesday, 2014-05-07, 3:40 PM | Message # 3
Generalissimo
Load ...
They are a sick bunch who believe that the most horrible of crimes are alright as long as its for oul oireland. This is what they have voted for time after time. It says a lot about the RC Irish mind set.

Ulster Protestants consider themselves to be a separate nation. This nation they call Ulster

CulzieDate: Wednesday, 2014-05-07, 10:43 PM | Message # 4
Generalissimo
Load ...
One SEEMS to have got a bit of a conscience over the McConville murder. But will he still vote Sinn Fein/IRA? I would guess, probably.

The brother of an IRA man shot dead by the Army has said he is “disgusted” at how the Sinn Fein leadership is treating the family of Jean McConville.

Daniel Bradley, from Londonderry, whose brother Seamus was shot dead during Operation Motorman in the city in 1972, said only now does he know the full horror of the widow’s abduction and murder.

Following the arrest of Sinn Fein president Gerry Adams for questioning about the McConville killing, Mrs McConville’s son Michael revealed further details of the impact the atrocity has had on his family.

He said, even now, he is in fear of republican reprisals if he names members of the IRA gang who dragged his mother from their arms, never to be seen alive again.

Mr Bradley said it was difficult to witness the hurt caused to the McConville family by the organisation his brother joined as a teenager.

“It is hurting me, and for that man not to be free to say who it was is... I feel hurt for that family.
“I am hoping and praying that he gets strength to challenge them. All the police want is one witness.

“He knows who was in that room [during the abduction] and it must be really gutting for him. I can see the pain in him that these people are getting away with it.”

Mr Bradley said the IRA should have had more sympathy for a widowed mother-of-10.
“I am disgusted by what the IRA did to this woman.
“I knew of the woman, but I didn’t know the full extent of the cruelty. It was only last week I read the story that they broke her bones and put two shots in her head.

“It made me feel sick, so this morning I decide to write a letter to that family as a republican person, who did suffer, but not as much as that family.
“I apologise and I am ashamed, basically, that they do not put up their hands and say ‘we did it and it was wrong’.

“Adams and McGuinness are talking about an independent truth process but it has to start at home first.”

Commenting on the statements provided for the Boston College project by former senior republicans, Mr Bradley said some of them did so out of guilt about the McConville murder.

“Brendan Hughes was riddled with guilt. Dolours Price the same problem – riddled with guilt.”

http://www.newsletter.co.uk/news....6043266

Forum » ..:: General ::.. » Ulster news » Gerry Adams threatened a backlash on McConville family.
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: