Forum moderator: RSAUB  
Forum » ..:: General ::.. » Ulster news » PARADE WILL MARK BALMORAL ANNIVERSARY
PARADE WILL MARK BALMORAL ANNIVERSARY
BillstickerDate: Wednesday, 2012-05-02, 5:56 PM | Message # 1
Lieutenant colonel
Group: Checked
Load ...
PARADE WILL MARK BALMORAL ANNIVERSARY
Orange Standard (Page 1 May 2012 Edition)

THOUSANDS of Orangemen are expected to take part in a special parade at Belfast's Ormeau Park on May 19.

The Balmoral Review parade is being hosted by Belfast County Grand Lodge and the Unionist Centenary Committee.

Members of the various groupings involved in the Centenary Committee will be involved in the event, which will include entertainments in the Ormeau Park.

A tented village with stalls and exhibitions will also be part of the event, which starts on the evening of May 18.

The parade will take place on Saturday, May 19, and is expected to include Orangemen and bands from across the province as well as further afield.

Parades will start at l0.00am from a number of locations and there will also be a return parade at 5pm.

The event has been months in the planning, involving a joint committee of the Centenary Committee and Belfast County Grand Lodge.

It will mark the centenary of the Balmoral Review of Easter 1912, in which an estimated 200,000 unionists took part, highlighting their opposition to Home Rule for Ireland.

http://www.balmoralreview.com/dynamic_content.php?id=208

Whose Invited?

All Unionists wherever they may be. Bands, Loyal Orders, Community Groups etc are welcome. Simply go to our website:-
http://www.unionistcentenaries.com/news.php
- news section) complete the form and send it in.

So far the response has been excellent with all the Loyal Orders attending, bands etc. The organisers welcome people dressed in period costume, floats etc. This is a parade that belongs to all in the Unionist Community across our entire community so please join in.

[i]

Message edited by Billsticker - Wednesday, 2012-05-02, 7:17 PM

RSAUBDate: Thursday, 2012-05-03, 0:40 AM | Message # 2
Colonel general
Group: Moderators
Load ...
Really looking forward to this, although I must admit, I throught there would a been a lot more events on to remember such an important year in our Nations heritage, like long lasting work-shops that would have a bit of a legacy in promoting our culture and heritage for years to come.

CulzieDate: Wednesday, 2012-05-16, 4:53 PM | Message # 3
Generalissimo
Group: Administrators
Load ...
I'm hoping that its not just a big event and then forgot about until the 75th or 200th Anniversary. Though I did read somewhere and the phrase ''a decade of Unionist events and remembrance'' which would take us up to a century of BU's existence.

Anybody know how the Covenant parade in Liverpool went off? Was it a good turn-out etc? Liverpool had 150,000 to greet Edward when he arrive there,so its always been a close connection between there and here.

Ulster Protestants consider themselves to be a separate nation. This nation they call Ulster

CulzieDate: Wednesday, 2012-05-16, 4:57 PM | Message # 4
Generalissimo
Group: Administrators
Load ...
Mean't to say that I heard that some lodges are not taking part. Anybody else hear that?

Ulster Protestants consider themselves to be a separate nation. This nation they call Ulster

Forum » ..:: General ::.. » Ulster news » PARADE WILL MARK BALMORAL ANNIVERSARY
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: