• Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: RSAUB  
Forum » ..:: Culture ::.. » Orange Order » Sisters Of The Lodge
Sisters Of The Lodge
CulzieDate: Sunday, 2011-03-20, 9:43 PM | Message # 1
Generalissimo
Group: Administrators
Load ...
Just looking though the TV magazine to see what time the football highlights started at. But the magazine was lying opened at Monday's programmes. I was about to turn it back to Sundays page when the above title caught my eye. The write-up went..

Sisters Of The Lodge

Film-maker Alison Millar goes behind the scenes with the ladies of the Loyal Orange Lodges of Ireland. Given unprecedented access,her documentary reveals the private rituals and ceremonies of the organisation.

Its on BBC 1 from 9pm to 10pm tomorrow night Monday 21,March.

Ulster Protestants consider themselves to be a separate nation. This nation they call Ulster

RSAUBDate: Monday, 2011-03-21, 11:15 PM | Message # 2
Colonel general
Group: Moderators
Load ...
Some of the rules around the woman’s lodges being only allowed to parade at the invitation of a mens lodge need to be changed in my opinion. It might be tradition but it’s an outdated rule in my opinion.

On the subject of mixed marriages, I agree fully with what the women were saying, however it was used nothing more than a beating stick to attack the Orange with. At the end of the day, it’s only human nature to want to live amongst your own kind but on a propaganda point of view it’s an argument we will never win with the general public.

Overall, we didn’t come across to badly, there was a real sense of community spirit amongst the women, the only thing that I do think however is that as Ulster turns into a more secular society, it may be an idea for the Orange to focus more on culture and heritage rather than the religious nature of the Order. Obviously this is a big part of the Orange Order, but the times are indeed changing and especially amongst the ranks of the Women’s lodges, they need to try and be as appealing as possible to the whole Protestant community.

CulzieDate: Friday, 2011-03-25, 8:21 PM | Message # 3
Generalissimo
Group: Administrators
Load ...
Yeah you have a point RSAUB in regard to the emphasis not being on the religious side of things nowdays. Though when you speak of culture and heritage I'm wondering what it will mean. For some that might mean irish dancing etc and not an Ullish identity. The irish in general and republicans in particular have made it plain that they want to woo Protestants away from all things British. They have said there is more chance of doing this with those who considered themselves to be British and Irish. There are many in the OO who fit that bill.

Its a hard one to call and I have had a sinking feeling when I read about the latest happenings going on,and all in a certain direction. So many times now its a wonder I haven't drowned.lol

But broadly speaking I agree with what you say. Yes times have changed and are continuing to change and we should be with those changes or even ahead of them. I mean that in the sense of modernisation and not irishisation which some members seem determined to take us to.

Ulster Protestants consider themselves to be a separate nation. This nation they call Ulster

lapcameragiareDate: Friday, 2023-12-22, 2:57 AM | Message # 4
Private
Group: Users
Load ...
Hệ thống camera quan sat  không chỉ đảm bảo an ninh mà còn giúp cải thiện trải nghiệm mua sắm. Với vị trí chiến lược được đặt, chúng có thể theo dõi luồng khách hàng, phân tích hành vi mua sắm và cung cấp thông tin giúp cải thiện bố trí cửa hàng, tối ưu hóa trải nghiệm mua sắm của khách hàng.lap camera quan sat

Chuyên tư vấn lắp dặt cmaera quan sát giá rẻ

Forum » ..:: Culture ::.. » Orange Order » Sisters Of The Lodge
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: