Saturday, 2024-04-20, 10:22 AM
Welcome, Guest
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: RSAUB  
Forum » ..:: Culture ::.. » Orange Order » Orders can't put their faith in politicans
Orders can't put their faith in politicans
CulzieDate: Tuesday, 2012-07-24, 10:38 PM | Message # 1
Generalissimo
Group: Administrators
Load ...
Orders can’t put their faith in politicians

Published News Letter on Tuesday 24 July 2012 10:40

I WRITE to congratulate the News Letter on their 12 pages of Twelfth memories and nostalgic photographs published on July 11.

I trust that Orange brethren, who took the opportunity to read the fine supplement, will have taken on board the contents of the speeches made by various politicians on those Twelfth days of yesteryear.

From a unionist perspective as we ponder on the present situation, it is obvious that Orange brethren have been badly served; despite all the rhetoric, concession after concession has been granted: unionist negotiators, in their haste to endorse the St Andrew’s Agreement failed the unionist community and now we can clearly see the various issues stemming from St Andrew’s. At the time of St Andrew’s many warned that the so-called DUP victories were negligible when compared to the republican gains. Clearly this remains and will continue to be the case.

Sadly, many unionist politicians appear to be dazzled by the baubles of power and financial gain.

The Loyal Orders would be foolish to put their faith and trust in politicians. Now is the time to stand up and be counted, otherwise beliefs, traditions and Northern Ireland’s position in the Union will ultimately disappear.

Sir Edward Carson declared in 1911 in east Belfast: “We need to defeat the most nefarious conspiracy that has ever been hatched against a free people.”

The Loyal Orders today face the same conspiracy. The shame is on those unionist politicians who are now endorsing what can be described as post-St Andrew’s.
In conclusion, can I say that member of the Loyal Orders should obtain the News Letter supplement and see for themselves how they have been served by their political masters.

R H, Lisburn

Ulster Protestants consider themselves to be a separate nation. This nation they call Ulster

ViollaKaDate: Thursday, 2023-06-22, 7:38 PM | Message # 2
Sergeant
Group: Users
Load ...
The college essay writing help I received exceeded my expectations. The professionals not only improved my writing but also helped me discover unique angles and ideas for my essays.

ViollaKaDate: Tuesday, 2023-10-17, 7:25 PM | Message # 3
Sergeant
Group: Users
Load ...
The decision to pay for essay help has been one of the best I've made. The quality of the essays I receive is consistently excellent, and I can always count on timely delivery. More here https://99papers.com/essay-writing/

Forum » ..:: Culture ::.. » Orange Order » Orders can't put their faith in politicans
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: