Thursday, 2024-03-28, 7:31 PM
Welcome, Guest
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: RSAUB  
Forum » ..:: History ::.. » History of the ulster scots » Francis Hutcheson: Ulster-Scots philosopher & economist (The teacher of Adam Smith)
Francis Hutcheson: Ulster-Scots philosopher & economist
PalmettoPatriotDate: Friday, 2011-02-25, 2:56 AM | Message # 1
Group: Removed
Load ...

Francis Hutcheson: Teacher of Adam Smith (early Ulster-Scots philosopher & economist)

Francis Hutcheson (August 8, 1694 – August 8, 1746) was a philosopher and economist born in Drumalig in County Down to a family of Ulster-Scots Presbyterians who became one of the founding fathers of the Scottish Enlightenment.

(mp3 audio) Francis Hutcheson: Teacher of Adam Smith

CulzieDate: Monday, 2011-02-28, 1:14 PM | Message # 2
Generalissimo
Group: Administrators
Load ...
Just listened to it. Very good though it would probably take me to listen to it a few times to take it all in. smile But I got the gist of it, Though Hutchinson disagreed with Mandeville (think was the name) I could see too where Mandeville was coming from (well I think I did) which was maybe best summed up in the old adage ..''its an ill wind that doesn't blow some good''

I had heard of Hutcheson before and sorta read some of his stuff,but hearing it there was better.

Ulster Protestants consider themselves to be a separate nation. This nation they call Ulster

Forum » ..:: History ::.. » History of the ulster scots » Francis Hutcheson: Ulster-Scots philosopher & economist (The teacher of Adam Smith)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: