Forum » ..:: Sports ::.. » Other sports » Stand Up For The Ulstermen
Stand Up For The Ulstermen
CulzieDate: Monday, 2011-04-11, 9:17 PM | Message # 1
Generalissimo
Group: Administrators
Load ...
Monday, 11 April 2011

Stand up for the Ulstermen

What a weekend. What was supposed to be filled with celebrations ended up an agonising anticlimax ...
Let's go back to Saturday. Tony McCoy was our first chance of success.
He was the early favourite to retain the Grand National on Don't Push It but, despite a commendable effort, came in third.

Then we had the Ulster rugby team take part in their first European Cup quarter final for 12 years the following day.
Brian McLaughlin's men lead 13-10 at half time but went on to lose by 10 points in the Stadium MK.
'It's ok," thought us sports fans, "Rory will provide consolation tonight at the Masters in Augusta".
But the 21 year old from Holywood, who had lead for the opening three days, crumbled in his final round on Sunday night to finish on four under.
What a let down - but the cup is still half full.
Many, including myself, will continue to admire what a successful sportsman Tony McCoy is and I'm sure we haven't seen the last of him.
Those who followed Ulster over to Milton Keynes - and those who watched all over the world - will be disappointed with the result but delighted with how far the team have come.
And then we come to Rory.

What he must have felt falling out of contention on the back nine is beyond any of us.
His disastrous round was hard to watch, so much so that the cameras stopped filming him going around for a while.
But no matter what bet, expectation, or party you had planned this weekend, I'm sure you will all join me in saying we're proud of every single person involved in making it a massive few days of sport.
They have all given Northern Ireland a lift in what has been an otherwise difficult week.

Just like everyday life, sport can be cruel.
But it's how you deal with the blows that counts.

On that note, I have no doubt it won't be long until McCoy wins another Grand National, it won't be 12 years until we see Ulster in the Heineken Cup knockout stages again and it certainly won't be 12 years before Rory wins a major.

Well done all you Ulstermen - keep up the good work.

© UTV News

Ulster Protestants consider themselves to be a separate nation. This nation they call Ulster

RSAUBDate: Monday, 2011-04-11, 11:35 PM | Message # 2
Colonel general
Group: Moderators
Load ...
Good to see them rightly refer to them as Ulstermen. I think a lot of this has to come down to Rory recently being pictured holding an Ulster flag a few months ago. More reporting like this is needed.

islahall129Date: Friday, 2022-04-15, 9:34 AM | Message # 3
Private
Group: Users
Load ...
It's good to see them refer to themselves as Ulstermen. I believe a large part of this is due to Rory being photographed holding an Ulster flag a few months ago. More of this type of reporting is required. Click here: 30 Inch Rims

Forum » ..:: Sports ::.. » Other sports » Stand Up For The Ulstermen
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: