Thursday, 2024-03-28, 9:18 AM
Welcome, Guest
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: RSAUB  
Forum » ..:: Sports ::.. » Other sports » Commonwealth Champion Carl Frampton has a dream.
Commonwealth Champion Carl Frampton has a dream.
RSAUBDate: Friday, 2011-10-07, 11:23 PM | Message # 1
Colonel general
Group: Moderators
Load ...
http://www.newsletter.co.uk/sport....3127437

Commonwealth Champion Carl Frampton has a dream.

And the Tiger’s Bay scrapper is convinced he can turn his dream into reality in the coming years.

‘The Jackal’ is a life long Crusaders Football Club fan and he has set his sights on fighting at the home of ‘The Hatchet Men’ - Seaview.

“I would love to fight for a major title at Seaview. I know it sounds a bit crazy - but why not?

“Crusaders has been my team for as long as I can remember and it would be out of this world to fight there. First Seaview, then Las Vegas.

“I used to have a season ticket, but I have not been down for a while as I am usually away training and then when I am home I want to see family and friends.

“I grew up just down the street from the club and it would be a dream come true. It really would.

“My manager Barry McGuigan won his World title at Loftus Road, so I would love to win mine at Seaview. There would be a great atmosphere,” added Frampton.

The Belfast banger however admits that he will not rush into fighting at the highest level.

“I believe I am 18 months to two years away from fighting the really big boys in the division.

“I am honest enough to admit that, but a few mores fights and I should be ready.

“If I fought and beat Kiko Martinez for his European title, I would be well on the way to a World title shot.

“Kiko is a good boxer and he is see as a ‘gatekeeper’ to a World title opportunity.

“If you beat him, then two or three fights later down the line, you would be there or thereabouts,” said Frampton.

And Frampton admitted that he would be keeping an eye on the British title clash between Jason Booth and Scott Quigg later this month.

“They fight on October 22 and it should be a good fight. I think Quigg will win it, but it will not be easy for him.

“Booth was stopped in the tenth round by Kiko in his last outing for the European title and he is maybe starting to show his age a wee bit.

“But he will know this is his last chance really, so he will trouble Quigg, but I don’t think he will get the job done.

And Frampton says a clash against both of them in the future could be on.

“One of them will be the British Champion after the fight, so yes a fight with one of them, or both of them could be on the cards. But we will have to wait and see,” said Frampton.

And Carl wants to stay close to home when he steps between the ropes.

“I want to fight in Belfast as often as I can. There was a fantastic atmosphere in the Odyssey for my last fight. I want more of that,” he added.

CulzieDate: Wednesday, 2011-11-02, 10:08 PM | Message # 2
Generalissimo
Group: Administrators
Load ...
Just noticing this now. and yes Carl is a good wee fighter from what I've read and saw of him on TV. Lets hope he goes all the way and wins a world title but even if he doesnt and wins a British,Commonwealth or European title he will still have done Ulster proud. Lets hope he doesn't foget his roots like McCullough did, but when he mentions the Crues and Seaview he doesn't seem like a lad who will.

Ulster Protestants consider themselves to be a separate nation. This nation they call Ulster

RSAUBDate: Wednesday, 2011-11-02, 10:31 PM | Message # 3
Colonel general
Load ...
Hopefully he'll stay true to his roots, we need the celebritys from our side of the divide to raise our profile by simple things like waving the Ulster flag at the golf, to picking the red hand on Blue Peter etc.

CulzieDate: Thursday, 2011-11-03, 3:19 PM | Message # 4
Generalissimo
Load ...
Yes there always seemed to be a reluctance by celebraties from our side to show their colours. Those from the other side don't have a problem in showing theirs. The old obsequious bit again. But fairplay to those who did we need more of them. I thought I read somewhere that McIlroy was having a rethink about what he said about wishing to play for GB if golf became an event in the Olympics.

Ulster Protestants consider themselves to be a separate nation. This nation they call Ulster

RSAUBDate: Thursday, 2011-11-03, 11:46 PM | Message # 5
Colonel general
Load ...
Could possibly be a case of now he’s living in America, he might want to play the Irish card to win support from Irish Americans.

CulzieDate: Friday, 2011-11-04, 5:11 PM | Message # 6
Generalissimo
Load ...
You could well be right,even the Belfast Spider (Jimmy McLarin) played the green card though he did forget himself one time biggrin

Forum » ..:: Sports ::.. » Other sports » Commonwealth Champion Carl Frampton has a dream.
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: