Sunday, 2024-05-05, 10:30 PM
Welcome, Guest
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: RSAUB  
Forum » ..:: General ::.. » General Discussion » big brothers paviong way for political internet censorship (uh oh)
big brothers paviong way for political internet censorship
SlappataigDate: Thursday, 2011-01-27, 3:20 PM | Message # 1
Colonel
Group: Checked
Load ...
http://www.pcpro.co.uk/feature....know-it

wonder if thats true?

[/i]
At least the EU is adamant that ISPs shouldn’t be permitted to block legal websites or services that conflict with their commercial interests. “First and foremost, users should be able to access and distribute the content, services and applications they want,” said European Commission vice president Neelie Kroes earlier this year.
“Discrimination against undesired competitors – for instance, those providing voice-over the internet services – shouldn’t be allowed.”

Yet, Ofcom doesn’t even regard this as a major issue. “When VoIP services were first launched in the UK, most [mobile] network operators were against permitting VoIP,” Blowers said. “We now know that you can find packages from a number of suppliers that do permit VoIP services.
So I’m not as pessimistic as some may be that this kind of gaming behaviour around blocking services will be a real problem.”

If the EU doesn’t drag the UK’s relaxed regulator into line with the rest of the world, it will be British internet users who have the real problem.[i]

Message edited by Slappataig - Thursday, 2011-01-27, 3:24 PM

CulzieDate: Thursday, 2011-01-27, 6:58 PM | Message # 2
Generalissimo
Group: Administrators
Load ...
Don't know if it is, but it wouldn't suprise me..nothing does nowdays. George Orwell and his 1984 novel about Big Brother are more or less with us now. OK hes a few years out but nevertheless....

Ulster Protestants consider themselves to be a separate nation. This nation they call Ulster

ErichoyDate: Thursday, 2023-12-28, 5:06 PM | Message # 3
Private
Group: Users
Load ...
Pet Portraitspet family portraits in Minneapolis are a great way to capture the personality of your pet, and they can be
used as wall art or gifts for family members. They’re also a wonderful
way to remember your beloved animal after they’re gone.
Pet portraits are an excellent way to celebrate a birthday,
anniversary or other special occasion with friends and family members
who love animals as much as you do!
Why do you want to get your pet’s portrait taken?
There are many reasons to get your pet’s portrait taken. Here are some of them:
  • I want a portrait of my pet to remember her by, because she was such an important part of my life.
  • I want a portrait of my pet so that family members can see what she looked like and remember her too.
  • I want a portrait of my pet for our Christmas card this year!

If you’re thinking about getting a photo session with Cherished Moments Pet Portraits, let us know why in the comments below!

jessicaviDate: Tuesday, 2024-01-09, 7:53 AM | Message # 4
Private
Load ...
I bookmarked it and look forward to reading more. Keep up the good work snake game!

elizabethlailDate: Friday, 2024-01-26, 11:49 AM | Message # 5
Private
Load ...
The EU is nonetheless certain that ISPs cannot restrict legitimate websites or services to benefit financially from doing so. Neelie Kroes, vice president of the European Commission, stressed the value of user access to chosen information and services. Look for CIPD Level 7 assignment help UAE for professional support in your academic endeavors.

jessicaviDate: Saturday, 2024-03-02, 7:48 AM | Message # 6
Private
Load ...
Great job on this piece of writing. I want to know how great the information in your post is retro games.

AlexablissDate: Saturday, 2024-04-20, 1:22 PM | Message # 7
Private
Load ...
CIPD Assignment Help  These services can refine written materials, addressing grammar, style, and formatting issues, ensuring that your assignments meet the highest academic standards

fnaf12aDate: Thursday, 2024-04-25, 4:44 AM | Message # 8
Private
Load ...
Whether you are an experienced puzzle player or a casual gamer looking for some light entertainment, redactle games are guaranteed to bring you hours of fun!

Forum » ..:: General ::.. » General Discussion » big brothers paviong way for political internet censorship (uh oh)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: