Saturday, 2024-04-20, 7:13 AM
Welcome, Guest
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: RSAUB  
Forum » ..:: General ::.. » General Discussion » Plastic Bullets fired at by-standers
Plastic Bullets fired at by-standers
CulzieDate: Monday, 2013-07-15, 9:30 PM | Message # 1
Generalissimo
Group: Administrators
Load ...
Yeah there was maybe two or three petrol bombs thrown but overall it was nothing like the republican riots last year and the years before. Two or three soldiers were hemmed in and were blattered with steel/wooden poles by the republicans. Then another time a breeze block was dropped on the head of a policewoman. Republican violence was far more vicious.

It seems here there are about a half-a-dozen people involved. The rest just standing about.someway off

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=pBy7eP8-PPY

Ulster Protestants consider themselves to be a separate nation. This nation they call Ulster

CulzieDate: Monday, 2013-07-15, 10:20 PM | Message # 2
Generalissimo
Load ...
Female member of flute band attacked

A young woman was hospitalised on Friday evening after being struck by a brick on the jaw as she paraded along the Lower Newtownards Road in Belfast.

The flagbearer with the Mourne Young Defenders Flute Band was marching past the Short Strand area when a brick was thrown from the nationalist estate which hit her in the face.

The Kilkeel-based band was marching when bricks, bottles and other items were thrown during violent disturbances in the area on the evening of July 12 during the parade’s return leg.

Riot police had to be deployed at the scene.

UKIP councillor for Newry and Mourne Henry Reilly branded the attack a "hate crime".

Police have appealed for witnesses to come forward.

"This attack was undertaken in broad daylight on the colour party of a Co Down band as it paraded along the Newtownards Road.

"One young lady sustained injuries and was subsequently taken to hospital by emergency ambulance where she required treatment.

"This was a highly distressing incident and could have resulted in serious injury or death. All right-thinking people will wish the young lady a full recovery."

He added: "Following discussions with the community in east Belfast last week, I had serious concerns over an incident of this kind arising... I also feared the police presence in the area may prove inadequate. Sadly, I was proven right in both assessments.

"That’s why, after discussions with local people, I sought to raise the issue directly with the Chief Constable at a meeting planned for last week.

"Matt Baggott, however, claimed he was ‘too busy’."

News Letter 15th July 2013

Ulster Protestants consider themselves to be a separate nation. This nation they call Ulster

CulzieDate: Wednesday, 2013-07-17, 10:47 PM | Message # 3
Generalissimo
Load ...
NATIONAL AGRESSION

ANGER AT MEDIA 'BLIND EYE' OVER PARADE ATTACKS

Nationalists in the Short Strand laid a pre-planned ''ambush'' for the Twelfth parade along the Newtownards Road, a former Lord Mayor has claimed. Gavin Robinson said there were five separate incidents in Belfast alone where nationalists attacked lawful demonstrations.

''Stones,paint,bricks and bottles,all I suspect prepared in advance,were used to attack the parade - it was prolonged.'' He said there is now a ''huge level of frustration'' in east Belfast at the high number of casualties and a belief that the incidents have been under-reported.

A member of an Orange lodge said both his clothes and the lodge banner were splattered with gloss paint thrown from behind lines of police officers facing the parade. ''I had to get my hair cut to get rid of the paint and my clothes are ruined,'' he told the News Letter. ''There was no trouble at all from us but we were pelted with everything they could throw over.''

As the parade returned from the demonstration field on Friday evening a brick thrown from the Short Strand struck a female flag bearer with a Co Down band on the face. UKIP councillor for Newry and Mourne Henry Reilly branded the attack on the Mourne Defenders band as a ''hate crime''.

Political representatives in Portadown have also slammed those responsible for attacks on loyal order parades in the town as '' republican thugs''. DUP MP David Simpson said parades were attacked with golf balls and bottles as they made their way along the Corcrain Road over the Twelfth period. ''There is no doubt that these attacks are fuelled by hatred and bigotry and demonstrate a complete lack of respect for our culture and tradition,'' he said.

Portadown PUP representative John Stevenson said: ''By pure luck,no one was injured when golf balls and bottles were hurled from Obins Avenue into the parade. The same thing happened last year on the 13th July morning.''

NL Tuesday July 16 2013

CulzieDate: Thursday, 2013-07-18, 2:11 PM | Message # 4
Generalissimo
Load ...
Thought the OO mishandled things a bit. I thought a better way would have been to say we want Orangemen at the protest wearing their collarettes and we respectfully ask other loyalists not to take part in this Orange Order protest. Its not being wise after the event as I was thinking that way before the protest. As a matter of fact I thought that's what the OO would do.

What happened later focused the spotlight (by the media) on Woodvale and other areas where rioting took place. Meanwhile on the Newtownards Road the lawful parade of Orangemen and bands was being attacked by hate-filled bigoted thugs. And the police stood by and let it happen.

Its seems the police Parades Commission politicans clergymen etc have an agenda to provoke the loyalists into a re-action and crush them into the ground.  The Newtownards Road a peaceful parade attacked by thugs.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rgBjzSifK4s&feature=player_embedded

RSAUBDate: Thursday, 2013-07-25, 1:06 PM | Message # 5
Colonel general
Group: Moderators
Load ...
Bloody disgraceful, it seems the police deliberately did nothing to stop the attacks from Short Strand that could have left someone killed. With the amount of items thrown at the parade we're lucky we haven't heard of any more serious injuries.

What happened in North Belfast was a disgrace;bandsmen and people flung about like rag dolls while the bands played music and people danced and sang to the tunes. Yes there was some idiots on our side, and the pictures of some of those standing on the police landrovers are highly embarrassing but spraying water cannons at these people and as one picture showed sending one fella about 12 foot flying through the air backwards could have left him dead or severely injured. Baton charging people and firing at head height of plastic bullets was a complete over-reaction that led to the rioting, instigated by the PSNI and the firing of bottles and other missiles from Irish republicans from Ardoyne which has went unreported in the media at the loyalist crowd.

The  Orange leadership have serious questions to ask themselves.  They should have quite frankly had our own marshals or community representatives in place to create a buffer zone  between the crowd and police in North Belfast, also political pressure should be brought about as to how and why such a long sustained attack from Short Strand was allowed to happen in the East with the threat to life so critical, what would have happened if the paint bomb thrown had a been a pipe or petrol bomb?

What really saddens me about the whole affair, while our people were attacked by both the Police and republican scum. The PSNI just sat back and filmed the whole lot to make mass arrests of our young folk over the coming weeks and those already before the courts who lost the head when they were under attack, their lives have been ruined with now having criminal convictions especially those young teenagers who will now struggle to gain employment due to the convictions and those who will lose their jobs and possibly their homes due to jail sentences.

The scum who represent the Unionist people in the Assembly need to get their backsides of the gravy train with the filth of Sinn Fein/IRA as the whole thing is absolutely rotten to the core.

CulzieDate: Thursday, 2013-07-25, 5:53 PM | Message # 6
Generalissimo
Load ...
Yes it was a disgrace and when one compares it with the violence shown towards the police and army by republicans at the Ardoyne shops then the reaction of unionists is mild in comparison. I can remember the army (on tv) with backs against some fencing getting blattered with iron bars and wooden poles. They looked  bit frightened as they were cut off from the rest of their mates. Then the policewoman getting a concrete block dropped on her head.. It seems the more vicious you are the more attention is paid to you.

I believe the Parades Commission are out to provoke the Protestants into a reaction.

A analogy  would be something like a boss in work who wants rid of you and messes you about to rile you and get a reaction. He hounds you. Makes deliberate mistakes with your wages and your holidays etc until you finally get fed up and whack him. That's the same as what the PC are working it.

RSAUBDate: Friday, 2013-07-26, 1:37 PM | Message # 7
Colonel general
Load ...
Yip, we're being played for fools and its also helping drive division within our own community.

Things will have to change rapidly within our own community in Belfast otherwise the Orange Order in the City will be dead on its feet if Ardoyne becomes another Drumcree as is looking the case with these weekly parades that have started on the Shankill, something that is unsustainable just like the flags protests and will fade away leaving even more people downhearted and disillusioned.

If the ABOD don't get down the road in a few weeks then the route is lost, then republican attention will fall fully on the Chapel in Donegall Street and the Lower Newtownards road, if we lose either of those two routes then things will be very bleak for the Loyal Orders in the City.

CulzieDate: Monday, 2013-07-29, 7:06 PM | Message # 8
Generalissimo
Load ...
A good summing up of the situation,and I've mentioned Dublin before so no need to go into it again. But it was there for all to see though nobody seem to want to take notice. Anyway we soldier on and as you say things can turn around.

RSAUBDate: Tuesday, 2013-07-30, 11:36 AM | Message # 9
Colonel general
Load ...
Yip, things can be turned around. Our forefathers at the Siege of Derry didn't give up, even when plenty of those within the walls wanted to throw in the towel. We have to carry on the flame that they lit so many years ago. That of No Surrender.

CulzieDate: Tuesday, 2013-07-30, 3:06 PM | Message # 10
Generalissimo
Load ...
The time has scare gone round boys 300 years ago
When traitors on aul Derry's walls their faces dare not show
When James and all his 'rebel' band came up to Bishop's Gate
With heart and hand and sword and shield we caused them to retreat

Chorus
Then work and don't surrender but come when duty calls
With heart and hand and sword and shield
We'll guard aul Derry's walls

Though blood did flow in crimson streams on many a winter's night
They knew the Lord was on their side to help them in the fight
They nobly stood upon the walls determined for to die
To fight and gain the victory and hoist the crimson high

Chorus

At last at last with one broadside kind heaven sent them aid
The boom that blocked the Foyle was broke and James was all dismayed
The banner boys that floated was run aloft with joy
God bless the ship that broke the boom and save the apprentice boys

Chorus

Think the part about James's rebel band is a bit of poetic licence as in fact I think James was still king. Billy landed in England in November 1988 and the gates were closed in December 1988. Not sure but I don't think William had been crowned king when the gates were closed. So the apprentices were the 'rebels. 'But anyway its only a technical point the gates were closed and the die was cast. No Surrender!

RSAUBDate: Monday, 2013-08-05, 6:35 PM | Message # 11
Colonel general
Load ...
Very true, he landed in Torbay on the 3rd November and wasn't crowned King until the 11th April 1689.  As you say the die was cast and all these years later the cry is still No Surrender!

CulzieDate: Tuesday, 2013-08-20, 5:33 PM | Message # 12
Generalissimo
Load ...
Well said.....we're not so very many but we're loyal and we're true

miladluukDate: Monday, 2020-12-21, 12:51 PM | Message # 13
Private
Group: Users
Load ...
Hi,
It was very sad, and yes you are true, The government taken good action about that incident according to my information.

Reecoupons

Forum » ..:: General ::.. » General Discussion » Plastic Bullets fired at by-standers
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: