• Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: RSAUB  
Forum » ..:: General ::.. » General Discussion » Local Orange walk opposed
Local Orange walk opposed
JohnPDate: Saturday, 2014-06-07, 7:26 AM | Message # 1
Sergeant
Group: Users
Load ...
It's the usual story with an Orange walk in my area - opposition from all sides.

This particular one is taking part in a neighbouring town, one that is regarded as a relatively nice and well-off place. It's a small town of around 15,000 people, and they are expecting 3,000 paraders and a similar number of supporters to come along.

In a sadly typical display, the first people to condemn the plans for the walk were six Protestant ministers, who said this:

"What has Helensburgh done to deserve this? The town has no history or tradition of these open displays of sectarianism and has, until now, been spared this unpleasant culture. Freedom to gather and freedom of expression is, of course, an important and hard-won right in any democracy - but so too is the opportunity to say "no thanks, not here" and to question the wisdom of intruding this major distasteful disruption..."

The local MSP is also hard at work looking for an excuse to ban it, citing disorer which occured at a nearby march a few years ago (disorder which was entirely manufactured by the Protestant ministers which first objected to it back then, I should add).

I'll be making a point of going along in support of the march and hope it all goes as planned.

CulzieDate: Saturday, 2014-06-07, 7:48 PM | Message # 2
Generalissimo
Group: Administrators
Load ...
Just on my way out,and will get back to you later. But its what you expect from these ministers. That's why the IRA can get away with what they do and come up smelling of roses. Their clergy backs them up even though they are murderers. That gives them that air or respectability and a justification in what they do. Our clergy are the opposite.

Ulster Protestants consider themselves to be a separate nation. This nation they call Ulster

CulzieDate: Tuesday, 2014-06-10, 3:46 PM | Message # 3
Generalissimo
Load ...
Think we know the modus operandi of Irish republicans is to cause trouble and even rioting at Orange parades. Then 'Protestant' ministers will shy away from anything connected with Orangeism. When this happens republicans backed by the media describe any riot which occurs as an 'Orange Riot' while on most occasions there is not an Orangeman involved. But the damage is done and the blame is put on the OO. Its always been the way.

This has happened over the years and over the world in America, Australia, New Zealand, Scotland, England, Ireland and of course Ulster. The republican motive is to cause trouble and get the parades stopped, and so the likes of these Presbyterian ministers are only too ready to comply with this Irish republican agenda.

Ulster Protestants consider themselves to be a separate nation. This nation they call Ulster

RSAUBDate: Wednesday, 2014-06-11, 6:22 PM | Message # 4
Colonel general
Group: Moderators
Load ...
The Presbyterian Church and other Protestant denominations are falling to pieces in Scotland also here in Ulster. They believe in following the politically correct dogma and take part in a bit of Orange bashing will benefit them and get them some publicity. They are fools! In Glasgow the loyal Orders used to struggle to find venues for Church services, now the Churches are only to happy to have the Loyal Orders through their doors as their congregations have decreased.

CulzieDate: Wednesday, 2014-06-11, 9:59 PM | Message # 5
Generalissimo
Load ...
Good to hear that re the OO. Empty churches, while not all their fault they have certainly played their part in turning people off them.

JohnPDate: Saturday, 2014-06-14, 12:26 PM | Message # 6
Sergeant
Group: Users
Load ...
I've got that flag from the Ulster nation site (red St. Patricks cross on a blue background with the red hand) and I'm thinking of taking it along to the march, it's on Saturday 28th - I want to show some support when everybody else is against them!

I've got a union jack as well but the red hand really gets the pc crowd riled up.

CulzieDate: Monday, 2014-06-16, 7:28 PM | Message # 7
Generalissimo
Load ...
Yup that's the way go. They don't like anything which gives Ulster a separate identity.  

I

Forum » ..:: General ::.. » General Discussion » Local Orange walk opposed
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: