Forum moderator: RSAUB  
Forum » ..:: General ::.. » General Discussion » Enoch Powell and Ulster
Enoch Powell and Ulster
CulzieDate: Friday, 2014-10-10, 10:37 PM | Message # 1
Generalissimo
Group: Administrators
Load ...
Alex Kane

Journalist Kane recalls how Powell also developed something of an obsession with what he believed was American influence over British policy towards Northern Ireland:"This obsession was partly caused by his possession of a State Department policy statement (from August 1950) that argued 'it is desirable that Ireland should be integrated into the defence planning of the North Atlantic area, for its strategic position and present lack of defensive capacity are matters of significance'. Powell went as far as claiming that the CIA was responsible for the deaths of Lord Mountbatten, Airey Neave and Robert Bradford," he said.

Anglo-Irish Agreement

Powell strongly opposed the Anglo-Irish Agreement, which gave Dublin a formal say in the running of Northern Ireland for the first time. In a heated exchange in the House of Commons on 14 November 1985, the day before the agreement was signed, Powell accused Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher of "treachery".In 1997, Lady Thatcher said Powell was right to oppose the Anglo-Irish Agreement, as she spoke of her regret over the deal."I now believe that his assessment was right, though I wish that on this as on other occasions he had been less inclined to impugn the motives of those who disagreed with him," she said

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news....u]

Ulster Protestants consider themselves to be a separate nation. This nation they call Ulster

Brendon22Date: Monday, 2022-12-26, 9:21 PM | Message # 2
Private
Group: Users
Load ...
Not sure what testosterone enclomiphene citrate supplement is? This supplement increases not only for sex hormones, but some people also use enclomiphene supplements to reduce anxiety. Over time, you feel stressed and tired. But using supplements can work wonders. You feel healthy and energetic https://valhallavitality.com/blog/best-enclomiphene-citrate-for-sale . You can read more about this supplement on this site

johnsonplaidDate: Tuesday, 2023-01-31, 7:58 AM | Message # 3
Private
Load ...
I think this is an informative post and it is very beneficial and knowledgeable.

AsumaDate: Saturday, 2023-02-04, 7:41 PM | Message # 4
Private
Load ...
I had an amazing time on my recent trip to Thessaloniki, thanks to the help of this travel company. The information on the local Thessaloniki attractions was so valuable and made for a truly unforgettable experience. I would highly recommend this company for anyone looking for an individual travel experience in Thessaloniki.

michealsmithDate: Tuesday, 2023-03-21, 7:10 AM | Message # 5
Private
Load ...
https://soccerjerseyspro.com/

michealsmithDate: Tuesday, 2023-03-21, 7:11 AM | Message # 6
Private
Load ...
soccer jerseys pro

amelia151214Date: Thursday, 2024-02-29, 9:23 AM | Message # 7
Private
Load ...
I have read your post about British policy about Ireland but now I am finding a marlboro jacket for my brother to give him gift on his birthday. He is a big fan of marlboro jackets so I want to give him surprise on his birthday.

Andreaa23Date: Tuesday, 2024-04-23, 9:04 AM | Message # 8
Private
Load ...
Enoch Powell was known for his opposition to any bitlife concessions to Irish nationalism and his support for maintaining Northern Ireland's status as part of the United Kingdom.

Forum » ..:: General ::.. » General Discussion » Enoch Powell and Ulster
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: