Saturday, 2024-05-18, 7:42 PM
Welcome, Guest
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: RSAUB  
Forum » ..:: General ::.. » General Discussion » Stockton-area priest flees country amid sexual misconduct tr
Stockton-area priest flees country amid sexual misconduct tr
BillstickerDate: Tuesday, 2012-04-17, 11:06 PM | Message # 1
Lieutenant colonel
Group: Checked
Load ...
Stockton-area priest flees country amid sexual misconduct trial
Los Angeles Times April 17, 2012 | 9:54 am
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow....ns.html
A Catholic priest from outside Stockton has reportedly fled the country for his native Ireland after being found liable of sexual misconduct.

Father Michael Kelly, from Lockeford, Calif., is in the middle of a trial in which the victim is seeking damages for the misconduct. Before he fled, Kelly penned a letter to Diocese of Stockton Bishop Stephen Blaire telling him the stress of the trial was taking too high a toll on his health, the Stockton Record reported.

“This afternoon, I was stunned to receive a letter from Fr. Michael Kelly informing me he had returned to Ireland in the midst of the civil trial in which he is a defendant,” Blaire said in a written statement.

In the letter, Kelly wrote that he was averaging only an hour of sleep a night, was losing weight and had chronic bowel problems, the newspaper reported.

"I have sat back and listened to the vicious false allegations that have been spread about me for the past 4 1/2 years, and my health has suffered greatly because of it," Kelly said. "I hope you will understand that right now I need to be with my family, whose support and love for me is unconditional."

There were no criminal charges against Kelly because the plaintiff came forward after the statute of limitations.

The article failed to mention that Cardinal Mahony fled the country also. He was scheduled to testify and rather than testify under oath in open court he fled. His Vicar General, Mgsr. Cain also has avoided testimony in the civil trial.
Cardinal Mahony and his Vicar General flaunt their distain at civil laws, disregard the safety of children and avoid responsibility for their failure to protect children.

Message edited by Billsticker - Tuesday, 2012-04-17, 11:07 PM

CulzieDate: Wednesday, 2012-04-18, 5:08 PM | Message # 2
Generalissimo
Group: Administrators
Load ...
The whole system stinks and always has done. From mass murder of millions,to padeophelia and outright blackmail and gangsterism, its history shows that it never changes. And of course the irish priests have played a big part in all of this.

Ulster Protestants consider themselves to be a separate nation. This nation they call Ulster

Forum » ..:: General ::.. » General Discussion » Stockton-area priest flees country amid sexual misconduct tr
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: