Friday, 2024-04-19, 9:36 AM
Welcome, Guest
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: RSAUB  
Forum » ..:: General ::.. » General Discussion » Cecil Rhodes and ''moral vanity''
Cecil Rhodes and ''moral vanity''
CulzieDate: Thursday, 2015-12-24, 9:08 PM | Message # 1
Generalissimo
Group: Administrators
Load ...
moral vanity is a good way of describing the 'bleeding hearts' who like to be seen in the forefront of any activity which is going on in certain quarters. Of course they discriminate by supporting the 'in thing' of the time. Moral Vanity sums them up.

Oxford University should not remove a controversial statue of Cecil Rhodes from Oriel College, former Australian Prime Minister Tony Abbott has said.

Students say the 19th Century colonialist's views are against the "inclusive culture" at the university.

Oriel College, which Rhodes attended, has agreed to remove a commemorative plaque in response to the campaign.

Mr Abbott, a Rhodes Scholar, said removing the statue would "substitute moral vanity for fair-minded enquiry".

Oxford University's Rhodes Scholarship is funded thanks to a legacy left after his death in 1902.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/35166107

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/35166107

Ulster Protestants consider themselves to be a separate nation. This nation they call Ulster

RSAUBDate: Monday, 2018-05-07, 7:07 PM | Message # 2
Colonel general
Group: Moderators
Load ...
Those who seek to eradicate and re-write history are sick.

CulzieDate: Monday, 2018-05-14, 9:09 PM | Message # 3
Generalissimo
Group: Administrators
Load ...
Quote RSAUB ()
Those who seek to eradicate and re-write history are sick.

Yes true enough and the media help them.

Ulster Protestants consider themselves to be a separate nation. This nation they call Ulster

LysiiArasaDate: Wednesday, 2022-06-22, 12:53 PM | Message # 4
Private
Group: Users
Load ...
Oxford University's Rhodes Scholarship is funded thanks to a legacy left after his death in 1902.

barambosikDate: Sunday, 2022-12-18, 11:27 AM | Message # 5
Private
Load ...
Yes, in order for your event to be completely safe, you definitely need to have qualified medics present at it, but not every person knows where to find them. Not every person knows about it at all, so I can give you some good tips that will completely solve your problems. First and foremost, I would like to advise that you go to this website https://www.valhallamedics.com/the-best-emt-set-medics-for-your-events/ . I will tell you that this is where you will be able to find the very qualified medical team that will do their job very well.

royalbert975Date: Friday, 2023-04-07, 9:57 AM | Message # 6
Private
Load ...
I recently purchased a set of quiet off road tires for my truck. I was a bit hesitant at first because I wasn't sure how the ride would feel, but I'm so glad I made the investment. They provide an incredibly smooth and quiet ride, even on the roughest terrain. Not only that, but they also provide excellent grip and traction, so I don't have to worry about losing control while driving. I'm so pleased with my new tires that I've already recommended them to all my friends who are looking for a great off-road tire. They're definitely worth the money.

Laydi1Date: Thursday, 2023-09-21, 3:42 AM | Message # 7
Private
Load ...
word games are one of the very hot puzzle game genres. It is very popular. Especially young people. Expand vocabulary with simple to complex puzzles. Definitely won't be bored wordle unlimited

786cosmeticsDate: Thursday, 2023-10-05, 7:01 AM | Message # 8
Private
Load ...
Female Founded since 1979! Color Club is proud to be owned and operated by women. As a pioneer in the nail industry we continuously strive to promote a message of advancement and empowerment for women everywhere. Checkout cheap halal nail polish at Color Club

786cosmeticsDate: Friday, 2023-10-06, 11:34 AM | Message # 9
Private
Load ...
Female Founded since 1979! Color Club is proud to be owned and operated by women. As a pioneer in the nail industry we continuously strive to promote a message of advancement and empowerment for women everywhere. Checkout cheap halal nail polish at Color Club

sharonfrankklinDate: Friday, 2023-12-08, 1:00 PM | Message # 10
Private
Load ...
Disposable HQD Vapes Products bundles typically come with a fully charged battery. This means you can start vaping immediately without the need to worry about charging cables or finding power outlets.

Forum » ..:: General ::.. » General Discussion » Cecil Rhodes and ''moral vanity''
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: