Saturday, 2024-05-18, 9:39 PM
Welcome, Guest
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: RSAUB  
Forum » ..:: General ::.. » General Discussion » Ulster during the 2nd World War
Ulster during the 2nd World War
RSAUBDate: Friday, 2012-05-25, 3:54 PM | Message # 1
Colonel general
Group: Moderators
Load ...
http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer....isode_2

Good piece on the pain suffered and sacrifice of lord brookeborough family during the War. A true Ulster family and true Ulster Loyalists!

CulzieDate: Monday, 2012-05-28, 8:30 PM | Message # 2
Generalissimo
Group: Administrators
Load ...
Yes they were. They all served with honour and wern't found wanting when their country needed them. I have ran across some 'loyalists' who go on about the 'big house' unionists,who would put them down and say it was the working-class only who did their duty. A lot of rubbish of course,but that was the way some of them talked.

Ulster Protestants consider themselves to be a separate nation. This nation they call Ulster

RSAUBDate: Tuesday, 2012-05-29, 3:18 AM | Message # 3
Colonel general
Load ...
Aye, I've heard a lot of this rhetoric myself, yet they seem to forget that many of those Unionists who sat in Stormont were former servicemen who seen real active service on the fields of battle but then when have Protestants let facts get in the way of a good slabbering session on their own people, especially when they have been listening to the rebels propaganda and falling for it without even realising.

CulzieDate: Tuesday, 2012-05-29, 2:37 PM | Message # 4
Generalissimo
Load ...
True. Maybe said about the guy who was pointing out that the Prods and micks were together in '98. When I asked what he thought about Scullabogue and Wexford he didn't know what I was talking about. Ignorant Prods are getting fed a line that a certain people want them to swallow.

Ulster Protestants consider themselves to be a separate nation. This nation they call Ulster

RSAUBDate: Tuesday, 2012-05-29, 5:14 PM | Message # 5
Colonel general
Load ...
Very true, and they swallow it like cattle on their way to the slaughter house!

CulzieDate: Tuesday, 2012-05-29, 7:13 PM | Message # 6
Generalissimo
Load ...
So true,the rudderless are more apt to be steered in whatever way the enemy cares to take them.

Forum » ..:: General ::.. » General Discussion » Ulster during the 2nd World War
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: