Load ...

The best of British to our Olympic teams

DO US ]PROUD GUYS

Message edited by Billsticker - Friday, 2012-07-27, 10:03 PM

RSAUBDate: Sunday, 2012-07-29, 7:58 PM | Message # 2
Colonel general
Group: Moderators
Load ...
In all honesty, I find it hard to support a pack of foreigners representing my Country, they might be the best in the Country but they aren't British!

CulzieDate: Monday, 2012-07-30, 6:23 PM | Message # 3
Generalissimo
Group: Administrators
Load ...
Sorta mixed feelings about it RSAUB. Wanting to see the UK doing well but wishing it was more 'home-based'like it use to be. But thats politicans for you,its even Team GB when it should be Team UK as people from Ulster are in the GB team.

Ulster Protestants consider themselves to be a separate nation. This nation they call Ulster

BillstickerDate: Wednesday, 2012-08-01, 8:55 AM | Message # 4
Lieutenant colonel
Group: Checked
Load ...
In all honesty, I find it hard to support a pack of foreigners representing my Country, they might be the best in the Country but they aren't British!

King William was a Dutchman and Edward Carson was a Southerner - BOTH FOREIGNERS!!!

RSAUBDate: Thursday, 2012-08-02, 11:01 PM | Message # 5
Colonel general
Group: Moderators
Load ...
Well you can hardly call Edward Carson as a foreigner as he was ethnically British, along with culturally and politically!

As for King William, yes he was indeed Dutch who was married to an English woman, how ever you can't compare ethnic germanic-celts who make up the Northern European gene pool with asylum seekers and Africans and other non-Europeans!

CulzieDate: Sunday, 2012-08-12, 9:20 PM | Message # 6
Generalissimo
Group: Administrators
Load ...
As I've said I've mixed feeling about this and everyone is entitled to their views.

I'd have preferred things to be as they were,but things have changed and I can't see it ever going back to what it once was. Somebody posted on another site about the kids walking out with the players at the start of the football match and out of the 22 only four were white kids. People might say as long as they were kids why take colour into account. But I wonder if the same things would be said if the figures were reversed. I feel the 'bleeding hearts' would be kicking up about there being too many white kids. But yet when its the other way about...silence.

As I said I've mixed feelings,I try to look at these things in a balanced and fair way. But it appears that folk are frightened to say anything in case the PC people come down on them.

I saw the black boxer Anthony Joshua who won the gold medal for GB in the super heavyweight division sing the National Anthem with his hand placed over his heart.Later he had the Union Flag held up high.

But forgetting about this side of things, I think it should have been Team UK and I think Wendy should have been allowed to ride her bicycle. biggrin

Ulster Protestants consider themselves to be a separate nation. This nation they call Ulster

jeebzDate: Monday, 2024-01-29, 6:47 AM | Message # 7
Private
Group: Users
Load ...
Going to attend a target shooting event(moved to US few years back). Gonna be whole load of fun biggrin Read a bit about this stuff on an outdoor blog and decided to give it a try.

BaliarDate: Wednesday, 2024-02-28, 9:57 AM | Message # 8
Lieutenant
Group: Users
Load ...
Dear Community Members,
I wanted to take a moment to share my recent experience with hiring PostgreSQL developers through GloriumTech, and I must say it has been nothing short of exceptional.
GloriumTech's team of PostgreSQL developers embodies professionalism, expertise, and dedication to delivering top-notch solutions. From the initial consultation to the final implementation, their developers exhibited a deep understanding of PostgreSQL intricacies and a commitment to meeting our specific project requirements.
What truly sets GloriumTech apart is their ability to not only fulfill technical specifications but also to provide valuable insights and suggestions for optimizing our PostgreSQL databases. Their proactive approach and attention to detail have significantly enhanced the performance and efficiency of our database infrastructure.
Moreover, the seamless communication and transparent project management ensured that we were always kept informed and involved throughout the development process. Working with GloriumTech's PostgreSQL developers felt like having a trusted partner rather than just a service provider.
I highly recommend GloriumTech to anyone in need of skilled PostgreSQL developers. Their proficiency, reliability, and dedication to client satisfaction make them a standout choice in the realm of database development.
For those interested in exploring further, you can visit their website at PostgreSQL Developers and discover the excellence firsthand.

Forum » ..:: General ::.. » General Discussion » Back Our Teams
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: