• Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: RSAUB  
Forum » ..:: General ::.. » Videos » The Village
The Village
CulzieDate: Tuesday, 2012-01-31, 9:13 PM | Message # 1
Generalissimo
Group: Administrators
Load ...
Despondency? Mr Billy Dickson seems to have thrown in the towel before re-building has even started. sad

Ulster Protestants consider themselves to be a separate nation. This nation they call Ulster

RSAUBDate: Wednesday, 2012-02-01, 0:00 AM | Message # 2
Colonel general
Group: Moderators
Load ...
Yip, but he is also being realistic. Apparently the Housing Executive have every loyalist housing estate in South Belfast now classed as ‘mixed’.

I would imagine when these new houses are built, we will be lucky if even the vast-majority of them end up back in Protestant hands, especially if you take into account the average age of a lot of the older Protestant residents, who have been out of their old homes for a while now and by the time the new houses will be built, will probably be settled and not want to move back to the area.

What also worries me, is the number of new homes built, and more open spaces, the village area isn’t exactly the biggest area around in the World, so it will also lead to a smaller population in the area, which is one of very few loyalist areas left of close proximity to the city centre and with these new boundary changes put in place, loyalism in Belfast will just keep getting weaker and weaker.

The video is also very depressing, what ever the practicalities of living in these old houses, they do have character.

CulzieDate: Wednesday, 2012-02-01, 3:55 PM | Message # 3
Generalissimo
Load ...
How I came onto the video was firstly though a website dedicated to Ruby Murray which led onto the Blackstaff website. They were trying to save Ruby's house in Moltke St but again there weren't enough people in the Village interested in keeping it. I noticed too on the Blackstaff site that they did a survey in the area as to whether there should be full re-development or part re-development of the area. The biggest majority were those who didn't bother answering. So once again we can see the indifference from Prods.

There is a lot of stuff on that Blackstaff site (maybe too much) and it can be a bit confusing taking it all in on one go. I recall something on it which said that the houses built would suit young people and it was good to see that a lot of them had expressed an interest in getting a house in the Village. They seem to be sending out contradictory messages on the site,of course this might be due to being promised certain things by the Housing Executive etc and then the HE reneging on thir promise. Maybe that piece about young folk was away earlier in the plans for the place.

Yes they are setting out to have mixed areas,but 'mixed' is an euphemism fot 'take-over' of loyalist areas. Despite being a Blueman I was never in support of Windsor being the National Stadium for football,and had even doubts about Linfield remaining there because of what might happen around the Village area in the future. An organised take-over of the area could be on the cards. But who cares,very few I would say.

Think the big problem is the indifference,couldn't care less attitude shown by so many on the loyalist/unionist side.

Ulster Protestants consider themselves to be a separate nation. This nation they call Ulster

RSAUBDate: Thursday, 2012-02-02, 11:43 AM | Message # 4
Colonel general
Load ...
Very true, in reality it’s a question of demographics. You can imagine a scenario of 20 houses in a street, and 12 went to Protestants and 6 to Roman Catholics and 2 to foreigners. Just out of sheer numbers, and the average size of a Roman Catholic house-hold, they would then hold the majority in that street in terms of numbers, over a relatively small period of time of 10 years or so, the whole area would then be completely swamped.

But, alas, we are the people our motto is No Surrender. We have nothing to worry about, who cares about reality!

The reality is our people don’t deserve a Country of their own, because they just don’t give a damn anymore.

CulzieDate: Thursday, 2012-02-02, 5:42 PM | Message # 5
Generalissimo
Load ...
So true. I have always had a gut feeling this was the case even away back when I was a teenager. I remember I was out with a few of the mates and coming back we heard the sound of a band coming from the Hope street direction. The juveniles were out that day We were about the Donegall Rd and Sandy Row junction. I suggested we wait and see them coming up,or even walk down the Row and meet them. They didn't want to know. 'What do ya wanna walk down there for just to see them 'uns coming home. I replied something like 'to give the kids a wee bit of support'' Eventually they agreed,but it took a bit of coaxing.

Yes, a country of our own doesn't seem to be in their thoughts.Instead of seeking out their own roots,culture and traditions and promoting them they prefer to be taken in to a gaelic-irish one. If you look at it in one way the entering of the 'green bog'is giving a rightneousness to the ira's murder and maiming over the years,and it also works against our Britishness. As republicans have said their plan is to wean unionists away from an allegience to Britain and replace it with one to Ireland. The British Legion susprising as it may seem are playing their part in this. Their invitations to Eire servicemen to take part in Remembrance Day ceremonies,while not issusing the same invitations to our fellow Britishers is but one example of what is going on. If they have invited a crowd of the lads from say Glasgow,Liverpool,Swansea,London to take part then Iam wrong. Its just I have never heard of it,but I have heard about the invites to a foreign country's servicemen. Another example or Irishness before Britishness

I like how the irish don't concern themselves as to how they might be percieved by others in relation to these things. Ex- irish army servicemen from Eire were invited to the Shankill Rd a few years back. They arrived wearing various sorts of gear. A good few of them had tricolours on their jackets. They were from Limerick and their ex-serviceman's branch was named after Sarsfield who was a General in King James's army at the Boyne. OK fair play to them. But I don't know of any B.L.branch being named after Schomberg,Walker or any other of William's army. Thats why I have some time for the irish and why the lily-liveredness of unionists is a real turn-off for me. Their nicey-nice comes across as weak-kneed and no backbone.

CulzieDate: Thursday, 2012-02-02, 6:13 PM | Message # 6
Generalissimo
Load ...
Went off track a bit there. Yes the housing thing was always a whinge with them despite them actually getting more social houses than Protestants. As far as numbers are concerned there was a Unionist party member on television who showed the interviewer a local newspaper which told of an RC woman who was having her 19th child. He pointed how hard it was to keep abreast of the housing situation while families were so large. I mentioned about a newspaper report of the death of an elderly couple in a car accident in the Londonderry area. Between then and their funeral it was reported in the media that they presided over a family circle of 120 people (round that number anyway). This was about 10 years ago.

RSAUBDate: Thursday, 2012-02-02, 8:55 PM | Message # 7
Colonel general
Load ...
Very true, you have to hand it to them, they stick to their culture and traditions and are proud of who they are.

Or lot in comparison are weak kneed appeasing idiots, who can’t grasp what’s going on around them.

CulzieDate: Monday, 2015-11-02, 10:18 PM | Message # 8
Generalissimo
Load ...
THE VILLAGE 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhDTW7MVKD4

Sjackson3289Date: Saturday, 2022-02-05, 12:48 PM | Message # 9
Private
Group: Users
Load ...
I really appreciate your support in this post. keep it up and doing such types of great work continually.

Forum » ..:: General ::.. » Videos » The Village
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: