Wednesday, 2024-05-15, 6:27 AM
Welcome, Guest
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 2 of 2
  • «
Forum moderator: RSAUB  
Forum » ..:: General ::.. » General Discussion » Ulster Day a holiday?
Ulster Day a holiday?
CulzieDate: Tuesday, 2011-03-22, 4:22 PM | Message # 16
Generalissimo
Group: Administrators
Load ...
Sounds promising, this is the big one, so lets hope if nothing else instead of some kind of grand one off parade, that the foundations for this day to be really remember and celebrated properly for years to come. The key is education and dare I say it, I don’t even think a year is long enough to prepare everything that is needed to celebrate such an important event. The foundations should a been layed years ago with education at the forefront and events each year leading up to the climax that will be the centenary.

RSAUB. Yes mate I hope they do continue to mark the day in someway after the centenary is over. You mention education and that was mentioned quite a few times on the 17 pages. It kept coming up again and again. So hopefully something will happen in that direction. Just come to me that I think 'God's Frontiersmen' would be a good tool to use in bringing at least a bit of our history to the young 'uns. Maybe that title is a bit off-putting to some folk but believe me there is only a small portion of it dealing with that side of things. I have got the three together now in DVD form the other two being 'Dawn of the Ulster-Scots' and 'Born Fighting'. These are the sort of things which might be a help to those doing the teaching.

I think if Ulster Day is handled in the right way. It could be a day which will stay with young people for the rest of their lives. The way the 12th was for me as a kid.

Ulster Protestants consider themselves to be a separate nation. This nation they call Ulster

RSAUBDate: Tuesday, 2011-03-22, 7:44 PM | Message # 17
Colonel general
Group: Moderators
Load ...
Let's hope so and Gods frontiersmen if possible could you make copies of the DVD?.. I have never seen it before, yet heard a lot of good reports about it.

CulzieDate: Tuesday, 2011-03-22, 9:32 PM | Message # 18
Generalissimo
Group: Administrators
Load ...
I'll see what I can do. Its about three/three and a half hours long with some acting parts in it. I think its best watched say half an hour or an hour at a time. The theme music in it later became the Eagles Wing song. May have to see the s-i-l

Ulster Protestants consider themselves to be a separate nation. This nation they call Ulster

Forum » ..:: General ::.. » General Discussion » Ulster Day a holiday?
  • Page 2 of 2
  • «
Search: