• »
Forum moderator: RSAUB  
Forum » ..:: General ::.. » General Discussion » Queen's Visit To Eire
Queen's Visit To Eire
CulzieDate: Wednesday, 2011-03-09, 5:06 PM | Message # 1
Generalissimo
Group: Administrators
Load ...
IS THE QUEEN'S VISIT TO QUELL NATIVE FEARS.

The news of the proposed visit by the Queen to Dublin has brought the not unexpected plaudits from those unionist representatives who have all too frequently failed to analyse the actions of the British establishment over the years. It would be inappropriate to comment on the proposed visit before examing the history of Royal visits to the country(province). I have long claimed that there is a clear relationship between a sell-out by the Government and the importance of the Royal personage; the Queen inevitably comes over to quell the natives'fears when a major betrayal has occurred or about to take place. Was it mere concidence that Mountbatten was invited by the Queen to a banquet in 1972,where he made clear his desire and that of the British establishment to the Irish ambassador was to advance the cause of Irish unification. It is with this background in mind that I turn to the proposed visit by the Queen.

1. The claim that the Queen is above politics in this instance quite clearly is incorrect;could there be anything more political than such a visit taking place within days of an Assembly election and is quite clearly designed to assist the DUP?
2. Ony political blind unionists could imagine that the visit is for the purposes of protecting or/and strengthening the union; rather it is another step in the exorable grind by sucessive British goverments to destroy the Union; such a visit only takes place at the behest of Government..
3. No doubt the reception accorded will be hailed as a sign of the liberality and generosity of spirit of the ''bankrupt and corrupt'' Irish Republic and this will be used by Goverment flunkies and the great and good of the news world to berate the unionists for their lack of generosity towards this freedom loving society and castigation of unionist failure to join such a society. In due course baseless assurances will be advanced by the British Government of the day and no doubt the Republic will respond with an expression of intent to join the Commonwealth when unification is in place.
4. Many views of what 2021 will hold have been advocated but my view is that we will see a united Ireland. We will have been told inter alia by people professing to be unionists that this is for the unionists benefit and there will be financial assistance and security and there is no alternative.
Lyle Cubitt
N.L. March 4, 2011

Ulster Protestants consider themselves to be a separate nation. This nation they call Ulster

RSAUBDate: Thursday, 2011-03-10, 0:14 AM | Message # 2
Colonel general
Group: Moderators
Load ...
Agree with a lot of what’s been said here, I don’t care much about the Royal family in all honesty. I must admit I do love all the ceremonial stuff, Buckingham Palace etc, but the Royal Family are very much tools of the Government.

The Queens visit will probably go off without to much trouble, due to security measures on the day however for how tolerant the Irish really are, we ourselves only have to look how the Love Ulster march was treated on the streets of that Great City.

CulzieDate: Thursday, 2011-03-10, 2:45 PM | Message # 3
Generalissimo
Load ...
There was a letter in todays NL from Jim Shannon going though the usual platitudes about the Royal family. It does bug me how the politicans use that side of things to promote themselves. Look how loyal Iam sort of thing. I thought Lyle Cubitt's letter was more realistic of how things are. Shannon's was more reminisce of a bygone age of forelock touching. However,personally I think the Queen is good for the country and as a person in her own right she is a beacon of stabilty in this age of change.

Cubitt is correct when he says that when a Royal visit etc takes place it is usually as a sop for something that has been taken away from us or about to be taken away. The RUC and the George Cross come to mind. My own opinion is that Eire will rejoin the Commonwealth and after a period of time could well leave it again but by that time a united Ireland will be a fact,and accepted as such by the Protestants of Ulster. So there will be no resistance.

After all....we are all Irish anyway (as Tone wanted).

Ulster Protestants consider themselves to be a separate nation. This nation they call Ulster

RSAUBDate: Thursday, 2011-03-10, 11:12 PM | Message # 4
Colonel general
Load ...
The Commonwealth is meaningless in this day in age. I would share the same view of the Queen she hasn’t really put a foot wrong (even knighting Robert Mugabe was at the behest of the politicians), she is indeed a figure of stability, but some people view loyalism about being loyal to you’re Queen and Country. Well I’m loyal to my community and Country but not the political elite who run it and are destroying it.

The Irish will do anything to win over the Unionist community, the stronger t he ties with the South, the more irishisation, the easier it is for them to conquer take over by stealth without a shot being fired. That’s why it’s important for us to fight the propaganda war and spread our message, when our people stand up and gain knowledge about our history and historical facts on the history of Ulster and the British Isles, then the chances of conquering Ulster will go out the window for the Irish, if you have people who are confident and proud of their identity and their knowledge of the history concerning them specifically, then the Irish will find it a lot more difficult to win the hearts and minds of our people but if you have a community like we have at present, who haven’t a clue who they are, then to all intensive purposes they are just miss-guided Irishmen easy for the taking.

Message edited by RSAUB - Thursday, 2011-03-10, 11:17 PM

CulzieDate: Friday, 2011-03-11, 9:01 PM | Message # 5
Generalissimo
Load ...
Oh so true,especially the last paragraph. But its gonna be on hell of a challenge as those within our community seem to be doing their work for them. I find it hard to grasp that people have swung so much in that direction. They were under no duress to do so. Republicans/nationalists have made it very plain that their modus operandi is to woo unionists towards an Irish identity and away from a Ullish/British one. Yet knowing that they still rush onward and grasp the irishisation agenda being prepared for them,the OO being the latest to come out and show their leanings and intentions in that direction.

CulzieDate: Friday, 2011-03-11, 9:12 PM | Message # 6
Generalissimo
Load ...
Oh forgot. This letter was in the NL just after Lyle Cubitts

Cementing London Link

The letter from Lyle Cubitt (March 4) in which he links the proposed visit of the Queen to the Irish Republic as a move towards Irish unification has some merit.

Former DUP leader Ian Paisley, in his inaugural speech in the House of Lords,advocated Irish unification,albeit under the Crown,but Irish unification nevertheless.

One wonders about the DUP, when we see the speaker of the Assembly,William Hay, intervening against Fred Cobain on behalf of Old Baily bomber Gerry Kelly. However,while Sinn Fein moves south,we in the United Kingdom Independence Party will be strengthening the Union with London,our natural home.

Terri Jackson,Secretary, North Down UKIP

RSAUBDate: Saturday, 2011-03-12, 3:07 AM | Message # 7
Colonel general
Load ...
Unfortunately those people who are promoting irishisation within our community are the enemy within,; traitors the fifth column hopefully the time will come when those sort of people will fall from being in the ascendancy to being ousted by our community.

I don’t think the DUP have any long term objective other than to just keeping going on as things are going, they seem to like to delude themselves that republicans have somehow given up their objective of a United Ireland and want to work and administer British rule in Northern Ireland. Personally I think the best way to go is to strengthen the links with the rest of the U.K. and as time passes by voting for the mainstream British parties could be the way to go. As our own politicians are now that Politically correct and watered down brand of Unionism that there is very little difference between them in actual terms of policy except one has the potential to deliver and big players on the main stage while the others are insignificant outside of Northern Ireland.

CulzieDate: Saturday, 2011-03-12, 3:46 PM | Message # 8
Generalissimo
Load ...
The enemy within is correct. These people don't give a dam about Ulster but are hell-bent on dragging us into an all-Ireland arrangement. The thing is they don't have to do this. Nobody is holding a gun to their head forcing them to indulge in all things Irish so one has to ask the question....why do they do it then? I would suggest because they want to do it,because they actually want a united Ireland. Knowing this about these people it is up to all who love Ulster (and I mean really love Ulster not just a made up catch-phrase on a website or a magazine telling us that Ulster was in dire straits and then a few weeks later it wasn't in dire straits). to make a stand and offer a different path to the one we are being led down. Re the Ulster Crisis headline in that magazine, and then suddelnly there was no crisis. Was the 30 pieces of silver more important than the homeland. Certainly appears that is the case.

I agree about strengthening the links with the rest of the UK. As a kid at school and beginning to notice these things I always thought we were British and part of GB. As time went by I realised this was not the case. Even when Direct Rule was introduced I thought great! not so bad, we are now we are a part of GB the same as the other home countries who were directly ruled from London. But of course I was wrong and realised this when I heard the term 'full interegation' being used. We were still outside the fold and not the same as the rest of the home countries.

From that I started to think that it is one or the other, we either go for full interegation or an independent Ulster. Seemed a simple choice to me,but of course it wasn't simple. I think that it will always be a half-way house. Unlike Scotland,England and Wales we never promoted an identity of our own and I believe we will eventually pay the price for that.

To sum up I would be for the mainstream mainland parties coming here and on one occasion actually voted for a Conservative candiate here,because at least he was standing here and the Conservatives had organised in Ulster unlike Labour. So what I would be for is for the mainland parties to fully organise here and at the same time promoting an Ulster identity. You can still have the both. One is not contradictory of the other. So I suppose what I'm meaning is a British Ulster or even Ulster British identity within the UK

RSAUBDate: Sunday, 2011-03-13, 1:01 AM | Message # 9
Colonel general
Load ...
That’s how I view myself as Ulster-British.

We have to promote our own identity plus strengthen our links with our kin on the British mainland both culturally and politically.

In my eyes that is the only logical solution, if not we’re done for. Even if a United Ireland doesn’t come about, the way we are going our own identity will be that watered down and our people won’t have a clue about who they are give it a few more decades and we will be that watered down Ulster will no longer be Ulster.

CulzieDate: Sunday, 2011-03-13, 3:27 PM | Message # 10
Generalissimo
Load ...
Yeah there has been a definite scheme to eradicate the use of the word Ulster and indeed perhaps of Ulster as a seperate entity. This has been ongoing even before the BA but was intensified much more after it. Darren Clark (among others) was described as an Ulsterman on TV etc. But now it is the over-long northern irishman...and they complain about Londonderry being too long and thats why derry is used rolleyes But as I say these things were happening before the BA with the Red Hand being taken off the Tourist logo and all things Ulster being taken from the Tourist shop. Yes we are well on our way to the eventual demise of Ulster. Of course this is helped along by the capitulation of many on the unionist side. I believe they pose more of a threat because of the insidious ways they use. Professing to be unionists but actually helping things along down 'the green brick road'

I agree we should have stronger links with our fellow Britishers on the mainland. I have friends there whom I have known for many years and the bonds have lasted over those years.

RSAUBDate: Wednesday, 2011-03-16, 11:50 PM | Message # 11
Colonel general
Load ...
Yip, a clear cut out policy of eradicating our Ulster identity and promoting Irishness. It’s as clear as the nose on you’re face and the only logical conclusion is that it’s about uniting all the people of Ireland culturally and then eventually politically after eradicating all the little differences that exist between the people and how do you do that, well the easiest way is to eradicate and change how the minority in the Island of Ireland view themselves.

CulzieDate: Thursday, 2011-03-17, 5:55 PM | Message # 12
Generalissimo
Load ...
Summed up in a few words RSAUB as to what their agenda is. The Queen coming to Eire is all part of that and I can see the re-entry to the Commonwealth as the next step. We have bands visiting Eire and playing there, that too will become the norm,and of course the OO actively lobbying for a paddy day holiday which when it is achieved will be a National Irish holiday for the whole island. Those promoting these things didn't have to do these things,they chose to. They could have accepted the BA reluctantly and they sat back. But no,they are up for an eventual in the long-term united Ireland. Thats where they are taking us whether they realise it or not. It was enlightening to see how the idea of an Ulster National Park was dropped along with the National Stadium. But there are plenty of National Parks in Eire and the National Stadium in Dublin so they are already in place along with the forthcoming National paddy day holiday.

RSAUBDate: Thursday, 2011-03-17, 9:59 PM | Message # 13
Colonel general
Load ...
Yip and it’s as clear as day, bringing the bands down to these events down South is all about integrating them, a lot of the bands now aren’t even interested in the big loyal order days. Obviously there’s the odd exception the likes of the Belfast and Armagh twelfths plus Derry days etc are obviously special days but many band members who take part in twelfths like the Londonderry and East Tyrone twelfth will honestly tell you that they prefer a good band parade to some of the twelfths in the middle of no-where.

The Loyal Orders are exclusively Protestant, that won’t be changed in the short term, flute bands on the other hand especially in the last few years are easily won over. And I’m not saying that as an insult but almost every band I know has received funding ranging into the thousands in the past few years. They are easily bought, and as the bands improve the lust for better uniforms and instrument obviously increases so then does the requirement for money, with this circle and bands becoming less and less loyalist orientated over time and becoming more about winning competitions they can then be easily won around in the long run.

People might say that’s ridiculous, well it’s already been happening now for years with the pipe bands, many of them were once staunchly Orange, now they are open to everybody and we things like the walking on the twelfth are insignificant.

CulzieDate: Sunday, 2011-03-20, 4:20 PM | Message # 14
Generalissimo
Load ...
Yip re the bands I believe that was a definite plan set out upon a good while ago. I'm nearly sure I heard a fella (might have been aPUP member) say something along the lines of...'you don't need the OO to parade...have your own parades' At that time bands only did street collections. So they did just that,and of course it also had the bonus of not being contenious in the routes they took. Most band parades would take place within their own areas.

RSAUBDate: Sunday, 2011-03-20, 6:30 PM | Message # 15
Colonel general
Load ...
Exactly and they take place on friday and saturday nights in town centres, where realistically there is very few people around anyway and at most they may be past one or two controversial bar or area but nothing major.

Forum » ..:: General ::.. » General Discussion » Queen's Visit To Eire
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Search: