• Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: RSAUB  
Forum » ..:: General ::.. » General Discussion » A Letter
A Letter
CulzieDate: Thursday, 2011-10-20, 8:44 PM | Message # 1
Generalissimo
Group: Administrators
Load ...
Good letter. This was in answer to Alex Kane who seems to be living in a wee world of his own. He takes the line that sinn fein are a bunch of losers and that Ulster is stronger than it has ever been. Don't know what planet this man is on. This was an answer to another one of his fairy tales.

stephen cooper
Thursday, October 20, 2011 at 06:20 PM

Alex, wrong on several counts. First of all, we, (UKUP) refused to negotiate whilst locked into the parameters of the framework documents, something we were continuously fighting against. Trimble and his crew of merry men agreed with us and the DUP, and we made a pact after a long and tedious amount of diplomatic toing and froing until we collectively agreed we would not negotiate tied into anything, plus, we would not enter talks prior to decommissioning. Indeed, DT said that 'anyone thinking that he would do so would be in cloud cuckoo land'. Indeed, David. Weeks later, we had Trimble saying parallel decom was ok, then it was 'pigeon holed' until after the negotiations and so on, until the inevitable climbdown. As for papers being ferried to sfira, all parties were getting comms. Your point is irrelevant. If the uup had stood fast, we the unionist reps could have forced a climbdown on the constraints of negotiations, remember a 'level playing field?' Also, even if the ira had decom, we would not have participated unless the constraints were removed i.e. the framework documents. The rest of your post I agree with. The dup are the uup in another guise. In fact, I understand most uup members of longstanding must be so p'd off that the political sacrifice they made and were punished for, (rightly so), is exactly what the dup are executing in their position of power. The dictum about Robinson saying a deal had to be cut, doesn’t 'cut it 'with me. It is obviously an ass covering exercise. Anyone saying that they can control a mutual veto is to coin Trimble, living in cloud cuckoo land. I agree with your comments re the assembly. It is useless, stymied and going nowhere and costing a fortune, but that is initially the uup's fault and presently, all parties who are happy to sit at the trough. Ardens, I am not, and never have been a member of the dup. I am a former senior member of the UKUP. I also served my Queen and country on the streets of NI, and far from being ashamed, I am immensely proud of my principles. As for articles 2, and 3, there is no need for the republic to have them, as now after the BA, they have executive power over the WHOLE island, thanks to the repeal of the gov of ire act, most specifically sect 75, ii and iii. The sunningdale and the Anglo Irish were much, MUCH better than the BA from a unionist perspective. nb, in both agreements above, the status of NI would never change unless the majority of citizens of ni said so, (this was later falsely claimed as a victory in the BA from uup as 'the principle of consent'), when in fact it was hugely worse, as now as per the BA, the government is legally obliged to hold a referendum to 'accede to that wish' of a united Ireland should there be reasonable grounds for the majority to desire it.i.e in any council elections etc if a majority vote for nationalist parties, then there is a legal obligation, as opposed to before the BA, when there was none and the gov of ire act protected our position internationally within the UK no matter what.(ps, the repeal of the gov of ire act was one of 5 demands from the ira in the 80's, draw your own conclusions as to how important that was....) JPGJonny, that was percentages of the turnout who voted, not the population. The majority of protestantsunionists voted AGAINST the agreement. I hope this clears things up for all. Best regards, Stephen

Ulster Protestants consider themselves to be a separate nation. This nation they call Ulster

RSAUBDate: Friday, 2011-10-21, 10:48 PM | Message # 2
Colonel general
Group: Moderators
Load ...
Very interesting and bang on the money. As for Alex Kane, well any time he has been on a political panel on TV i have never once, seen him actually debate with republicans and argue the Unionist cause, he does indeed live in a land of his own.

CulzieDate: Sunday, 2011-10-23, 5:20 PM | Message # 3
Generalissimo
Group: Administrators
Load ...
Yes he seems to think we are doing brilliantly well and stronger than we ever were. Now I know we have 'spin'but I think he's lost it. A reality check is what Mr Kane needs.

Ulster Protestants consider themselves to be a separate nation. This nation they call Ulster

BaliarDate: Thursday, 2024-04-18, 12:55 PM | Message # 4
Lieutenant
Group: Users
Load ...
Looking to recruit talented front-end developers? Your search ends here! Glorium Technologies provides access to top-tier front-end developers who can bring your projects to life. Learn more about their services at https://gloriumtech.com/hire-the-top-frontend-developers/

olivianaylorDate: Friday, 2024-04-19, 7:31 AM | Message # 5
Private
Load ...
While writing a letter nowadays seems as if it was yesterday, it still has an emotional value. Now and then, in the middle of the big tech world, nothing can tell others how you feel better than the help of a pen. Besides, it is necessary to develop it. Of course, feel free to buy assignment if you are drown by a task, but not your sweet letters!

BaliarDate: Friday, 2024-04-19, 9:02 AM | Message # 6
Lieutenant
Load ...
Excited to introduce Hospital Marketing Services – your partner in crafting impactful marketing strategies tailored for healthcare. Explore their expertise at https://gmarketing.io/healthcare-saas-marketing-agency/ to drive patient engagement and amplify your hospital's presence. Elevate your healthcare marketing game with their innovative solutions!

Forum » ..:: General ::.. » General Discussion » A Letter
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: