• Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: RSAUB  
Forum » ..:: General ::.. » Videos » The Thin End
The Thin End
CulzieDate: Monday, 2010-10-11, 5:51 PM | Message # 1
Generalissimo
Group: Administrators
Load ...
The Thin End first then keep tapping and tapping away. Don't use the blunt end first. wink Maybe its been seeen before but have only come across it now.

Ulster Protestants consider themselves to be a separate nation. This nation they call Ulster

RSAUBDate: Tuesday, 2010-10-12, 8:24 PM | Message # 2
Colonel general
Group: Moderators
Load ...
He said it, just keep "tapping away" and eventually we'll all be in the big green bog.

In all honesty some of these people are the biggest threat to our community than the IRA. They need taken out or sidelined for the safety of Ulster.

CulzieDate: Wednesday, 2010-10-13, 8:11 PM | Message # 3
Generalissimo
Load ...
Yeah they are a bane on true Ullish people though I have noticed that you don't hear so much of 'they don't want you to have it'' ''claim it,its yours''as was mentioned in that video. Thats the line many of them took but when they were hit with things which showed that nationalists/republicans DID want us to 'have it' they seemed to have faded a bit,but I believe are still there pushing the same agenda albeit in a lower profile way.

It was a ruse they were working at the time,creating a feeling of if you don't they will. Its a clever move and one which is used by a lot of spammers,junk mailers etc. However,it does work. I read a few cases where people were sent mail telling them they had a winning number and if they didn't get in touch teir number would be allocated to someone else. One man lost thousands.

So I see the irish 'pushers' of the 'claim it it yours' in the same light. And as most people don't like to feel they are missing out on something they go for it. Its a good ploy. But as I say I think people are catching on to their 'dirty tricks'. Lets hope so.

Ulster Protestants consider themselves to be a separate nation. This nation they call Ulster

RSAUBDate: Friday, 2010-10-15, 9:47 PM | Message # 4
Colonel general
Load ...
Aye, you are right, things were really bad a few years ago with St Paddys day being pushed like mad by some elements within the loyalist community, but a lot a prods have woke up and smelt the coffee. And overall i think the violence of the CIRA-RIRA etc and Sinn Fein standing a good chance of becoming first minister next time around and the rising number of Roman Catholics in once safe secure Protestant areas is making people realise that they can't just sit on the fence anymore and the decline of the Irish economy has made people more greatful that their still part of the U.K.

CulzieDate: Sunday, 2010-10-17, 7:23 PM | Message # 5
Generalissimo
Load ...
Yes RSAUB. I don't hear the cries of 'claim it its yours too' so much as previously so maybe indeed (as you say) they are catching on. Lets hope so.

Somebody made a good post on pulse about paddy's day,and I had a good article myself by by Gordon Lucy which told how the people of Billy (near Bushmills i think) in the 1800s wouldn't hold paddy's day because they considered it to be papist. I had that article on my computer but lost it. It was taken from the Ulster Scot paper but to big a job to hoak though all that on the computer and anyway it might not even be there now. Bit mad at losing it.

SlappataigDate: Monday, 2010-10-18, 12:54 PM | Message # 6
Colonel
Group: Checked
Load ...
^ i got lost near coleraine and managed to find/drive through "billy" - class wee ulster scots area! - like going through a bit of south Carolina in the 1800's - i love it! up up yahoo

CulzieDate: Monday, 2010-10-18, 5:22 PM | Message # 7
Generalissimo
Load ...
No doubt they seem to be more in tune with their roots around there than the bleeding city dwellers are. Thing is, most of the city one's own people would have been from the country. My own folk(as far as I know) came from Sion Mills and Blackskull. But seems a lot forget their roots when the city rubs off on them.

SlappataigDate: Monday, 2010-10-18, 6:44 PM | Message # 8
Colonel
Group: Checked
Load ...
definitely a difference between ulster scot country folks to ulster cityfolk. big big difference in attitudes with the majority.

RSAUBDate: Monday, 2010-10-18, 7:15 PM | Message # 9
Colonel general
Load ...
Wouldn't get carried away with the difference, there is a St Patricks parade in Bushmills now unfortunately.

CulzieDate: Monday, 2010-10-18, 10:26 PM | Message # 10
Generalissimo
Load ...
Aye and did it not start in Ballymena. Not sure about that though I know I seen an Orange lodge parading to St Patrick's church on the Newtownards Rd. I'm guessing that was around about 10 years ago. But thats the first time I had seen them. They could have been parading before that. I think its that lodge which McGrath started 'Irelands Heritage' which set the ball rolling. I thought after what happened with him the lodge might have packed it in,but no they seem determined to carry on his legacy.

I know when they had the mural on the Newtownards Rd with 'Irish Out' on it there was a bit of pressure to get that removed and they eventually did take that particular part of it out. We've come along way from the 1800s residents of Billy and its us who seem to be doing all the changing.

CulzieDate: Monday, 2010-10-18, 10:33 PM | Message # 11
Generalissimo
Load ...
Just to add. We have to face it that Prods really really love parading. They just love parades and another one on paddy's day was a good move by those social engineers. Seems the so-called 'marching season' will now be starting on March 17. Never thought people would change their tune so quick or maybe the right word is sheeple....not people.

But as I mentioned one time before,it are those who stay true who will be marginalised and given the cold shoulder. Thats what usually happens in these situations.

RSAUBDate: Tuesday, 2010-10-19, 10:27 PM | Message # 12
Colonel general
Load ...
Very true, those who stand by their principles are classed as "dinosaurs, bigots, etc" or what ever other buzz words are doing the rounds.

I never even knew that lodge was still going, I would have thought that anything that man was involved with would a been well and truly swept under the carpet and not touched with a ten foot barge pole.

And I agree at times we are like lambs to the slaughter.

Forum » ..:: General ::.. » Videos » The Thin End
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: