• Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: RSAUB  
Forum » ..:: General ::.. » Videos » UKIP Gives Off To The EU
UKIP Gives Off To The EU
CulzieDate: Monday, 2010-11-29, 9:15 PM | Message # 1
Generalissimo
Group: Administrators
Load ...
Nigel Faberage with some straight talking.

Ulster Protestants consider themselves to be a separate nation. This nation they call Ulster

RSAUBDate: Monday, 2010-11-29, 11:45 PM | Message # 2
Colonel general
Group: Moderators
Load ...
Seen this before and I have to say I was quite impressed by him.

CulzieDate: Tuesday, 2010-11-30, 1:35 PM | Message # 3
Generalissimo
Load ...
Yeah I was too. Very unusual to get a politican speak as bluntly as that. They usually waltz around each other. It was a fella(not PP) on a Confederate site who posted it up a couple of days ago. That was the first time I had seen it.

Ulster Protestants consider themselves to be a separate nation. This nation they call Ulster

SlappataigDate: Wednesday, 2011-01-05, 7:42 PM | Message # 4
Colonel
Group: Checked
Load ...
brilliant speech, as ive said before hell probably end up up like the anti-EU polish president.

CulzieDate: Tuesday, 2011-01-11, 10:11 PM | Message # 5
Generalissimo
Load ...
They are organizing here,which is good,but could work against the unionist people.

SlappataigDate: Wednesday, 2011-01-12, 0:07 AM | Message # 6
Colonel
Group: Checked
Load ...
vote splitting.

RSAUBDate: Wednesday, 2011-01-12, 0:56 AM | Message # 7
Colonel general
Group: Moderators
Load ...
Quote (Culzie)
They are organizing here,which is good,but could work against the unionist people.

I would agree that there is far to many Pro-Unionist parties standing in this Province, but on the other hand, majority Unionist areas like North Down, East Belfast proportionally have lower turn-outs than majority republican areas like Fermanagh-West Tyrone, South Armagh etc. So if this even gets some more of our own people more interested to vote and indeed more Roman Catholics, who would be worried about day to day issues like tax, health care etc, rather than constitutional issues would be more likely to vote for a party seen as a mainstream political party, rather than one of Ulster’s Unionist Parties.

Although realistically, it will probably just divide our own vote even further, but the reality is there is tens of thousands of ordinary working class Protestants who just don’t vote, and the present political parties do nothing to win these people over, so may be a different alternative might be the answer, wither UKIP is that alternative I doubt it.

I also think in the long term it is good for Unionism, might cost us a few seats here and there, but in terms of propaganda, and a confidence boaster to our own community to have mainstream British political parties organising here and contesting elections. Gone are the days where we were deemed to be a backwater a place were our Country had no economic or vested interest in keeping Northern Ireland.

Things are slowly changing, Patterson even having the balls to meet Sinn Fein and republican relatives from Ballymurphy while wearing a wrist band in support of the Royal Irish in Afghanistan, well none of his predecessors in modern times would ever had dreamed a doing such a move.

CulzieDate: Thursday, 2011-01-13, 3:09 PM | Message # 8
Generalissimo
Load ...
Yip Slappa that is my worry ,,the splitting of the vote. We have enough of it already. However, I see where RSAUB is coming from, I myself thought we should have gave the Unionist/Conservative link-up a chance especially when we heard so much talk of the mainland not giving a toss about us here. Here they were, Cameron declaring he believed in the UK and being British. This was a chance for us to be involved in mainstream British politics as our right as British people. But few were interested. So I'm left wondering how UKIP will fare.

I think people here prefer a half-way-house. It use to gall me when after Thatcher's treachery all I heard was about the evil Brits,and English bastards etc. I got so fed up listening to it I said on a few ocassions..''right then lets ditch the British/English and go for an independent Ulster'' ....the silence was deafining. And that was partly the reason I said it.,to call their bluff and shut them up. Many of our people are all huff and puff when it comes to politics. I know now devolution is the 'in thing' now and applies to all the UK,but before that I thought in terms that I was British,but couldn't understand if that was so why were we not the same as the rest of the Home Countries. I thought ''we should be exactly the same in political terms as them''...we wern't though. So I came round to thinking we are treated as British citizens the same as the rest of the UK....or else we go independent. However,things have changed in the rest of the UK now since that time.

I remember at first when the National News readers would hand over to their regional news counterparts they would say ''now we go to the news in the rest of the United Kingdom'' Now it is something like ''where you are'' I seen the Park Hamper advertisments and it had 'Now in Eire' and the telephone number listed opposite..Eire. But yesterday I seen the advert and that wasn't on it.

But back to politics,and I wish the UKIP well. I think one of the guys from Ulster who is a member of UKIP is RC as I seem to remember him writing an article in the NL and he stated that he was. Maybe we should encourage more RCs who are unionists.

Forum » ..:: General ::.. » Videos » UKIP Gives Off To The EU
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: