Forum moderator: RSAUB  
Forum » ..:: General ::.. » Videos » Ian Paisley..''I'm not an Irishman''
Ian Paisley..''I'm not an Irishman''
CulzieDate: Friday, 2011-09-23, 5:21 PM | Message # 1
Generalissimo
Group: Administrators
Load ...
21st of June 2006

But by the 11th to 13th of June 2006 he had signed up to the St Andrew's Agreement and by 2009 the Belfast Telegraph had this.

Belfast Telegraph
By Noel McAdam

Tuesday, 13 January 2009

The North Antrim MP has always been in touch with his Irish side — he once said: “I would never repudiate the fact that I am an Irishman”

Read more: http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news....mwrHPUm

Ulster Protestants consider themselves to be a separate nation. This nation they call Ulster

RSAUBDate: Saturday, 2011-09-24, 3:46 AM | Message # 2
Colonel general
Group: Moderators
Load ...
Really a clown. "I'm not an Irishman, i'm a Scotch Irishman", why couldn't he just say he's an Ulster-Scot?

Now that he's looking to secure his legacy he's proud of his Irishness, nothing but a traitor, people like him, may never live to see a United Ireland but what about his grandkids?... alas, I suppose him and his family have enough money they could all ship out to Canada when doomsday happens.

CulzieDate: Sunday, 2011-09-25, 3:11 PM | Message # 3
Generalissimo
Load ...
Canada..they say thats where he was when the UWC strike started. He then came back and tried to take it over. Yeah your right about 'he should have said he was Ulster-Scots'. He bellowed loud and long enough about Ulster in the early days of the troubles an the lead-up to them. Keeping an avenue of escape open maybe But he did say ''Iam not an Irishman at all''

Then in the interview with Ken Reid he said he was an Irishman. Twister.

Ulster Protestants consider themselves to be a separate nation. This nation they call Ulster

SlappataigDate: Monday, 2011-10-10, 5:32 PM | Message # 4
Colonel
Group: Checked
Load ...
that lundy b***ard makes me physically sick, hes responsible for a serious level of disallusionment within in our own

CulzieDate: Tuesday, 2011-10-11, 7:06 PM | Message # 5
Generalissimo
Load ...
Very much so Slappa. But he knew what he was doing. He knew what 'turned our people on'. Straight talking and saying it how it was. He also would know of Roaring Hanna and the Rev Drew etc and probably modelled himself on them. Think he was a calculating man in everything he did.

Wish I hada got the Ken Reid interview where when ask by Ken he said 'oh i'm an irishman,when I go to America I tell them I'm an irishman' and a few other words also saying he was irish. Putting the two videos beside each other would show him up for what he was.

RSAUBDate: Tuesday, 2011-10-11, 9:48 PM | Message # 6
Colonel general
Group: Moderators
Load ...
A total clown, he reminds me of the man in South Africa, who led the AWB Eugene Terre Blanche came out with the rhetoric and led the men up the hill, but when it came to the crunch was nothing but full of hot air.

His outbursts were always calculated to win support in Ulster regardless of the damage it caused to our cause outside of Ulster. He roared and shouted on tv and came across as an uncompromising Ulsterman, but he never got our side of the story out there, in his interviews it was always aimed at his electorate in Ulster, same with his protest in the E.U. against the pope, now it went down a storm in Ulster but I would imagine it damaged anything he tried to do for Ulster in the E.U. when dealing with other members from Roman Catholic countries.

CulzieDate: Thursday, 2011-10-13, 9:30 PM | Message # 7
Generalissimo
Load ...
Yeah RSAUB He was playing to the gallery albeit the Ulster gallery. I remembering reading in a book that Paisley had dinner with Cecil King who at that time owned the Mirror newspaper and Cecil King said that he thought that Paisley was the man who could deliver the Protestants into a united Ireland. A programme on TV a few years back about the UWC strike said something similar only according to the goverment papers it was Merlyn Rees who said it this time.

Forum » ..:: General ::.. » Videos » Ian Paisley..''I'm not an Irishman''
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: