• »
Forum moderator: RSAUB  
Forum » ..:: General ::.. » Pictures » Ulster Day in Glasgow
Ulster Day in Glasgow
CulzieDate: Monday, 2008-09-08, 8:11 PM | Message # 1
Generalissimo
Group: Administrators
Load ...
Seems the Scots folk are away ahead of the Ullish people on this one. Only one church service by the ABOD is all I know off in Ulster. Go for it Scots

Maybe this shoulda been in the football section. But it is a picture. smile

Ulster Protestants consider themselves to be a separate nation. This nation they call Ulster

PalmettoPatriotDate: Monday, 2008-09-08, 9:26 PM | Message # 2
Group: Removed
Load ...

Nice picture, I like that. Is Ulster Day the 21st everywhere?

CulzieDate: Monday, 2008-09-08, 10:19 PM | Message # 3
Generalissimo
Load ...
Aye its a good 'un ain't it. up No, PalmettoPatriot. Its actually on the 28th of September. But the 21st is the day that Rangers are playing at their home ground, Ibrox. Think thats the reason for making it that day.

However,some are suggesting of taking their flags to their away game against Hibernians[Edinburgh] which is on the 28th [i think]

Ulster Protestants consider themselves to be a separate nation. This nation they call Ulster

PalmettoPatriotDate: Tuesday, 2008-09-09, 11:00 AM | Message # 4
Load ...

I'll post it on SLMN's blog with a note about the 28th if that's fine with you.

CulzieDate: Tuesday, 2008-09-09, 2:29 PM | Message # 5
Generalissimo
Load ...
Aye, thats fine with me P.P. Just watch out for the 'flak'. wink

CulzieDate: Tuesday, 2008-09-09, 3:09 PM | Message # 6
Generalissimo
Load ...

Eve Of Covenant

The Crowds

They Queue

The Guards

Crowds

The Signing

The Gun-Runner

PalmettoPatriotDate: Tuesday, 2008-09-09, 3:15 PM | Message # 7
Load ...

Wow! Thanks for sharing those pics. I remember you describing to me the one of the crowds gathered where there is just really the one Union Jack - how the people were united as Usterfolk then. Very interesting. Take it easy, buddy.

SlappataigDate: Wednesday, 2008-09-10, 8:52 PM | Message # 8
Colonel
Group: Checked
Load ...
aye it should be done against hibs, known for the feinian leanings, very few folk know about it here, sorta wiped off the calender for some reason and threw into history books. my msn name at min is "Ulster day 28th sept, how many so called prods didnt know? the taigs have won ya over" as now a lot of loyal folk are asking about it not ever hearing it before... dry

CulzieDate: Thursday, 2008-09-11, 2:53 PM | Message # 9
Generalissimo
Load ...
Quote (Slappataig)
aye it should be done against hibs, known for the feinian leanings, very few folk know about it here, sorta wiped off the calender for some reason and threw into history books. my msn name at min is "Ulster day 28th sept, how many so called prods didnt know? the taigs have won ya over" as now a lot of loyal folk are asking about it not ever hearing it before...

Slappa in 2006 a few others and myself went about organising an Ulster Day parade. We got about 40 people from the loyal orders turning up,plus two bands. That brought it up to about 90/100 people. Some folk had been telling me we should get about a thousand.

I was asked last year wer'e we going ahead with another one. But we never bothered. Me and another fella went to Ballymena as there had been one on there the previous few years,but it too was 'scrubbed'.

The only annual event I know of, is the ABOD church service and parade in Newry. That has been going on for a number of years now.

Its a disgrace that this day,and our founding fathers and forefathers who signed the Covenant are forgot about.

Fair play to the Scotchies, I wish them all success in what they are planning. But its a shame on us that it takes the Scots people to show us the way. Anyway, I've my Ulster flag still out and the above poster up in my window. Go for it lads. up

CulzieDate: Thursday, 2008-09-11, 4:25 PM | Message # 10
Generalissimo
Load ...
Quote (PalmettoPatriot)
Wow! Thanks for sharing those pics. I remember you describing to me the one of the crowds gathered where there is just really the one Union Jack - how the people were united as Usterfolk then. Very interesting. Take it easy, buddy.

Yep P.P. We meant business then. wink There were just under 500,000 people signed the Covenant and Declaration [for the womenfolk]. The women sometimes point out that there were more women signed than men. smile

In 1974 and 1985 something similar happened. That feeling was in the air again.

CulzieDate: Thursday, 2008-09-11, 4:34 PM | Message # 11
Generalissimo
Load ...
Just seen this on another site. Its about the Ulster Day and the above Poster.

Thanks for the support guys.

I've just got registered again on here.

There will be a leaflet drop at the Killie game this saturday.

We'll also drop a few into the Pubs and Clubs.

Spread the word folks.

CulzieDate: Monday, 2008-10-06, 4:35 PM | Message # 12
Generalissimo
Load ...
ULSTER DAY IN GLASGOW PICTURES...

PalmettoPatriotDate: Monday, 2008-10-06, 6:01 PM | Message # 13
Load ...

Cool pics! I like the last 2 best. How about 'Ulster for the Ulsterfolk' or 'Ulster for the Ullish'? That would be cool.

CulzieDate: Monday, 2008-10-06, 7:47 PM | Message # 14
Generalissimo
Load ...
Aye, right enough PalmettoPatriot. Somebody has 'Ulster For The Ullish' as their signature on another site. Not sure,but it might be Slappa. I know I've seen it somewhere.

SlappataigDate: Tuesday, 2008-10-07, 8:24 PM | Message # 15
Colonel
Group: Checked
Load ...
oh yeah cool B) cool
and im trying to get me EL avatar on here but wont let me cry

Message edited by Slappataig - Tuesday, 2008-10-07, 8:34 PM

Forum » ..:: General ::.. » Pictures » Ulster Day in Glasgow
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Search: