Sunday, 2024-04-28, 2:48 PM
Welcome, Guest
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: RSAUB  
Forum » ..:: General ::.. » Ulster news » The man to sort out Ulster's troubles?
The man to sort out Ulster's troubles?
CulzieDate: Tuesday, 2013-04-30, 9:29 PM | Message # 1
Generalissimo
Group: Administrators
Load ...

The son of Martin Luther King will visit Londonderry next month as part of a major peace-building event, it has emerged.

Martin Luther King III who was invited by Presbyterian Minister David Latimer will speak at the Bright Brand New Day event, at Guildhall Square on Sunday, May 19.
Speaking to the News Letter, Rev Latimer said he believed Mr King have the inspirational effect on the people of the city, as his father had during the struggle for civil rights in America.
"He is very a personable man, someone you can speak to easily and he is someone who listens.
"I firmly believe that he has picked up the torch left down by his father whose life was ended prematurely, by his assassination," said Rev Latimer.
"Mr King will use the non-violent philosophies of his father when he speaks to the people of Derry-Londonderry. I think he is the person who can move us forward into a proper shared future and beyond all this whataboutery which we are all tired of listening to."
Mr King will Nobel peace laureate, John Hume, who received a Martin Luther King Peace Award for his work on the Good Friday Agreement and he will talk with local MLAs during a planned visit to Stormont.
Rev Latimer revealed that the Bright Brand New Day event will also feature Phil Coulter and The Priests.
"We are also going to have pupils from over 60 schools, each of whom will write a peace pledge - these will all be given to Mr King.
"This a great city and I believe we can push forward and Mr King can only help us do that," added Rev Latimer.
[u][color=#0000ff]http://www.newsletter.co.uk/news....u]

Ulster Protestants consider themselves to be a separate nation. This nation they call Ulster

Forum » ..:: General ::.. » Ulster news » The man to sort out Ulster's troubles?
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: