Forum » ..:: General ::.. » Ulster news » Orange Hall Arson Attack...again
Orange Hall Arson Attack...again
CulzieDate: Friday, 2010-08-13, 1:08 PM | Message # 1
Generalissimo
Group: Administrators
Load ...
Hall fire arson, say Orange leaders
Thursday, 12 August 2010

The fire that destroyed an Orange Hall in Co Tyrone was an arson attack, leaders of the Order said.

The Grand Orange Lodge of Ireland condemned the destruction of Bonn Orange Hall on the Pomeroy Road, Dungannon.

The blaze had already engulfed the two-storey building when emergency services were alerted.

A spokesman for the Grand Orange Lodge said: "This is another serious attack on the Protestant and Orange culture and must be condemned by all right-thinking people.

"We would appeal to everyone in the Orange Order and its supporters not to fall into the trap of allowing this to increase community tension.

"The only way to deal with this attack and continuing attacks on our halls is to work with the police in trying to catch the culprits."

The hall is used by two local Orange lodges, a Royal Black Preceptory and a pipe band and a flute band.

It was extensively damaged in an arson attack in November 2008.

Police have confirmed they are investigating the cause of the latest fire.

The fire service has now brought the blaze under control, but local station commander Michael Flanagan said there was major damage.

Ulster Protestants consider themselves to be a separate nation. This nation they call Ulster

RSAUBDate: Tuesday, 2010-08-17, 0:10 AM | Message # 2
Colonel general
Group: Moderators
Load ...
The hall had only been finished after being burnt down a few years ago, the band were looking to hold a band parade in Pomeroy would be interesting to see the reaction of the rebels to this, only a handful of Unionist homes left in the village itself.

CulzieDate: Tuesday, 2010-08-17, 9:03 PM | Message # 3
Generalissimo
Group: Administrators
Load ...
Think its pretty clear by now,that if you move out of an area then you forfeit your right to parade in that area. I know some would say that you should be able to parade where you please in a free country. But in practice it doesn't work that way. I think the Prods should have realised that by now. We've seen it from the 'Tunnel' to Garvaghy Rd. From the Ormeau to the Whiterock etc.,and it usually ends up the same story.

I remember reading that during the UWC strike the Prods were 'top dogs' in Rasharkin. There no doubt in my mind that these movement of populations just don't happen. They are made to happen and are organized. We on the other hand...well you know yourself.

Ulster Protestants consider themselves to be a separate nation. This nation they call Ulster

RSAUBDate: Wednesday, 2010-08-18, 11:06 PM | Message # 4
Colonel general
Group: Moderators
Load ...
Yip, now there's not an orangeman left in the village itself, there's a handful a young boys in the band who still live in their family homes in the village. More should a been done to fight back against the violence directed towards the Protestant community in the village, but demographics is destiny and those than can't understand that fact need their heads tested.

I'm all for parading traditional routes as you say and again as you correctly say the only way to keep parading traditional routes is to keep control of the routes themselves, basically hold the demographic majority.

I think it will be interesting to see what happens in Rasharkin this friday, total confusion, loyalists in one half of the village, rebels in the other half and hundreds a bandsmen left stranded till their buses come on the edge of the village, utter madness. Last year the rebels threw golf balls, tins a beer, bottles the heap at the bandsmen, they also threw a petrol bomb at the police right at the line of police separating the prods and taigs, be interesting to see what happens on friday, hopefully there will be a good turnout from our community.'

Forum » ..:: General ::.. » Ulster news » Orange Hall Arson Attack...again
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: