• Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: RSAUB  
Forum » ..:: General ::.. » Ulster news » Linfield Boss Goes Crackers
Linfield Boss Goes Crackers
CulzieDate: Wednesday, 2012-04-11, 5:30 PM | Message # 1
Generalissimo
Group: Administrators
Load ...
over UTV's reported decision to cut their football coverage. Didn't Linfield give their ground to a womens gaelic team to train on? Didn't they sign up on joint deal with Dundalk? Think they should know by now that when you gave an inch, people take a mile. Certainly its UTV to blame not the gaelic people. They're getting all they want and the old soft touches are getting the usual treatment.

Linfield boss Jeffrey attacks UTV for wielding axe on Irish League football while continuing to cover GAA

By Gordon Hanna
Tuesday, 10 April 2012

Linfield’s title winning manager David Jeffrey has hit out at reports claiming Ulster Television plan to ditch coverage of Irish League football.
The irate boss used the occasion of his team’s 51st title triumph to slam the broadcaster for the decision, set to take effect from the start of next season.

“I’m bitterly disappointed to hear that,” said Jeffrey.
“UTV is supposed to be Your TV but how can that be the case if they have decided to stop covering local football while continuing to cover Gaelic sports.
“I don’t want to be making a political statement but Irish League football is an integral part of life for a lot of people.
“We’ve just got to look at our Welsh counterparts who cover ‘live’ games and to look at our friends down south where RTE also provide extensive coverage.
“UTV’s decision has not gone unnoticed over the past couple of weeks.

I cannot believe it. How can they do it and continue to provide coverage of Gaelic.
“If they were not to cover any sport that would be ok but to do what they are doing is not right.
“The cost is a pittance to the profit they make.
“It’s nothing short of a disgrace for an executive somewhere to make the decision not to cover local football.”

Read more: http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/sport....kXEEQPk

Ulster Protestants consider themselves to be a separate nation. This nation they call Ulster

RSAUBDate: Thursday, 2012-04-12, 7:06 PM | Message # 2
Colonel general
Group: Moderators
Load ...
To be honest, I no longer have any interest in the Irish league, after they signed up to that Setanta Cup and bended over back-wards by allowing the GAA team to train at Windsor and the links with Dundalk and it seemed to me a few years ago that there was a deliberate effort or policy in plce to sign a large number of Roman Catholic players and when they started a group called Windsor roar nearly 10 years ago who started to sing down loyalist songs, when they started to sing over the sash, i couldn't be bothered with the pack of idiots any longer.

CulzieDate: Thursday, 2012-04-12, 10:38 PM | Message # 3
Generalissimo
Group: Administrators
Load ...
Think there is a school of thought among some supporters that it is football and religion shouldn't be brought into it. OK,but then why do I see on TV numerous footballers 'crossing themselves' as they run onto the pitch or scoring a goal etc. It seems to be the obsequious Prods once again who kow-tow. I know one guy a few years ago was giving off to me about the bluemen,who when down south when Linfield was playing in the Setanta cup and they were singing the Sash. He was ABOD and OO too. Some were 'giving off' too about a picture of Billy being in the Ranger's Club. Can't picture those in the Felon's Club or Celtic Club 'giving off' about a picture of Sarsfield in their club.

Seems theres always this need to please and a display of vain-glory which is behind most of their thinking.

Ulster Protestants consider themselves to be a separate nation. This nation they call Ulster

Forum » ..:: General ::.. » Ulster news » Linfield Boss Goes Crackers
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: