Thursday, 2024-03-28, 9:11 AM
Welcome, Guest
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: RSAUB  
Forum » ..:: General ::.. » Ulster news » Scotland, where does it leave Ulster?
Scotland, where does it leave Ulster?
CulzieDate: Sunday, 2014-07-20, 10:48 PM | Message # 1
Generalissimo
Group: Administrators
Load ...
If this happens, where does it leave Ulster?  He speaks of '' a new constitutional settlement for the regions of England '' The usual comment from the people here is that ''it will never happen''. Even if they are right should we not be making preparations just in case it does happen. Establishing our own identity as a separate people in charge of our own destiny.

Mr Kilfoyle stated: "Scotland’s referendum debate is a timely reminder to the regions of England that we, too, have an issue with an overbearing London. There is a huge imbalance between a favoured London and its south-eastern hinterland, and the other regions and countries of these islands."

He added: "Of course, the immediate case of the Scottish ballot is a matter for Scots to decide. However, it strikes me that the aspirational message of the Yes campaign is far more attractive than the negativity and scaremongering of the No lobby. I trust Scots will recall the wise words of Franklin D. Roosevelt – ‘the only thing we have to fear is fear itself’.

"As a Labour Party member for 50 years, hoping to do my bit to improve the lot of working people throughout the British Isles, it seems to me that a Scottish vote for independence will make Scots masters of their own destiny rather than dependent on the fiat of a London-based establishment. A Yes vote could also be the lever for a new constitutional settlement for the regions of England."

http://www.newsletter.co.uk/news....u]

Ulster Protestants consider themselves to be a separate nation. This nation they call Ulster

Forum » ..:: General ::.. » Ulster news » Scotland, where does it leave Ulster?
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: