• »
Forum moderator: RSAUB  
Forum » ..:: History ::.. » General history discussion » Getting It Right
Getting It Right
CulzieDate: Friday, 2012-07-06, 9:23 PM | Message # 1
Generalissimo
Group: Administrators
Load ...
Both in word and song there is some feeling that England is to blame for a lot of loyal Ulster's woes. There may be some truth in this as England makes up the largest part of the UK and therefore may be seen as having more responsibilty for what happens in Ulster. However,it is not the whole story

'The threat of civil war was averted,Gladstone's conversion to the cause of Irish home rule had split his own party;and a break-away faction of Liberal Unionists helped defeat his first home-rule bill by 343 votes to 313 in the House of Commons'

Note...Opposition to Irish home rule in 1886 was distinctively English, Three-fifths of the Scottish members and five-sixths of the Welsh supported Gladstone (Beckett,1966:398)

Ulster Protestants consider themselves to be a separate nation. This nation they call Ulster

RSAUBDate: Thursday, 2013-06-06, 6:21 AM | Message # 2
Colonel general
Group: Moderators
Load ...
I agree,  I think some Ulster folk along with our brethren in Scotland find it easier to target the English, when angry about the political situation.

The song an Englishman's Betrayal is a classic example, totally inaccurate and also very insulting as a large number of the 36th Ulster Division were English and a few of the Victoria Cross Winners were also English not to mention the great work done by English loyalists in opposing the Home Rule Crisis.

At the present day, I think we need to do more to show our thanks and support the current loyalist activity in England as it's one of the few places where loyalism in terms of the loyal Orders and new bands is growing.
In the past few years we have seen bands formed in Leeds and Newcastle and lodges and ABOD clubs growing in strength.

CulzieDate: Thursday, 2013-06-06, 5:25 PM | Message # 3
Generalissimo
Group: Administrators
Load ...
Yes that song or should say the couple of lines in it are not an accurate account of the situation at that time. It was Carson and Craig and other unionists who made the decision to leave out the three 'lost counties' because of the small majority of Protestants there would have been in a nine country Ulster. Nothing at all to do with the English people.

I think it was around about the time of the Anglo-Irish Diktat when the song was written and the 'Iron' lady did the dirty deed. There was a lot of anti-English feeling about because of her action. This was reflected in those words in that song.

Ulster Protestants consider themselves to be a separate nation. This nation they call Ulster

Sjackson3289Date: Wednesday, 2022-02-16, 12:26 PM | Message # 4
Private
Group: Users
Load ...
My Name is Jennifer Ortega, I am a Ph.D. degree holder in Psychology and also an academic writer working at ThanksForTheHelp, and guide students with their studies and their assignments. Students who are looking for professional support contact me for assistance. My Expertise is Civil Engineering Assignment Help and R Programming Assignment Help.

halenabobDate: Wednesday, 2022-03-30, 7:37 AM | Message # 5
Private
Load ...
It's a great topic related to getting it right there are many ways that are wrong but we are selected way in the right and their knowledge are needed to students because their lives life are very difficult and struggling every day they should prepare a new topic in their studies. And they needed looking a professional supporter teacher or person but nursingessays uk / nursing essays UK I think its one an only the best for students because they are the based on helping them of students.

AvajamesDate: Thursday, 2022-04-07, 8:00 AM | Message # 6
Private
Load ...
You have a fantastic blog, and I admire everything you do for these websites. For my schooling, I needed something significant like pay to do my assignment, and your blog gave it.

aarambh08Date: Monday, 2022-08-22, 9:41 AM | Message # 7
Private
Load ...
Contrasted with other IT accreditations, you should apply to take the CEH. EC-Council would be anxious to check whether you have taken official CEH preparing or have somewhere around two years of safety experience all through the application interaction. Besides, there is a charge related with each stage.

Test Application
Not at all like most IT accreditations, the CEH requires an application. EC-Council will need to lay out that you have either taken approved CEH preparing or have the skill during the application system.

Ethical hacking course in pune

aarambh08Date: Saturday, 2022-10-15, 9:37 AM | Message # 8
Private
Load ...
AWS (Amazon Web Services) is a safe cloud Services stage that offers computational power, information base capacity, and a few different functionalities to assist organizations with developing. In the new market, AWS is quite possibly of the trendiest accreditation. A reasonable AWS confirmation approves the cloud mastery of competitors with an industry-perceived certification. In light of your abilities and objective, you can pick a reasonable AWS certificate. Remember that you really want to go through AWS Preparing for a reasonable confirmation to capitalize on your endeavors.
AWS course in pune
AWS turns into the trendy expression these days since increasingly more tech monsters are arising towards the reception of AWS as one of their essential cloud arrangements, subsequently the interest has been expanded to turn into an ensured AWS engineer over the timeframe and it will keep on developing upwards.

henry082Date: Thursday, 2022-12-15, 1:28 PM | Message # 9
Private
Load ...
Thanks for your tips and your guide, I agree with you. By the way, I'm a researcher and writer too and writing is my passion. Currently working with jackets play, and writing articles, blogs, post writing and everything about writing is in my hand. You can see my articles on JP please visit the link for further details.

markshafferedDate: Monday, 2023-01-02, 9:03 AM | Message # 10
Private
Load ...
Thanks for sharing such a wonderful content with and i enjoy this content so much and for that reason i have to say that If you need help my assignment, there are a variety of resources available online. You could search for tutorials related to the subject you are working on, or look for a discussion forum or group that specializes in the same topic. Additionally, many universities and colleges offer free online tutoring services to help students with their assignments. Good luck!

miarose7878Date: Wednesday, 2023-03-08, 9:16 AM | Message # 11
Private
Load ...
Do my dissertation is Top Trending Assignment Service Provider in the United Kingdom. Get your Assignment Written by the Best British Research Writer in the UK providing completely Plagiarism-Free Content with Meaningful Sentences guaranteeing your success in your Academics Get Flat 50% OFF on your first Order by Do My Assignments UK

miarose7878Date: Wednesday, 2023-03-08, 9:16 AM | Message # 12
Private
Load ...
Do my dissertation is Top Trending Assignment Service Provider in the United Kingdom. Get your Assignment Written by the Best British Research Writer in the UK providing completely Plagiarism-Free Content with Meaningful Sentences guaranteeing your success in your Academics Get Flat 50% OFF on your first Order by Do My Assignments UK

pugnaciousDate: Wednesday, 2023-03-15, 4:34 PM | Message # 13
Private
Load ...
CRM analytics tools that benefit sales and marketing
https://www.americanradioarchives.com/what-do....e-cover
https://www.lietaer.com/2022/09/what-is-an-insurance-guarantor/
https://www.peacexpeace.org/how-to-....surance

marry13579Date: Monday, 2023-03-20, 2:04 PM | Message # 14
Private
Load ...
In contemporary times, a surging number of consumers have turned towards online shopping as a favored avenue for procuring products with great ease and convenience, all from the luxurious confines of their own humble abodes. With regards to the specific realm of shopping for authentic and real leather jackets, the vast and sprawling expanse of the internet can prove to be an invaluable and indispensable resource for discerning customers with refined and impeccable taste.

wesleysnipesDate: Tuesday, 2023-05-09, 12:15 PM | Message # 15
Private
Load ...
The <a href="https://jacketbase.com/category/gaming-jackets/cyberpunk-2077-merchandise/">samurai jacket cyberpunk</a> is an iconic blend of traditional Japanese samurai clothing and futuristic cyberpunk elements. It represents strength, honor, and resilience in the cyberpunk culture.

Wesley Snipes

Forum » ..:: History ::.. » General history discussion » Getting It Right
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Search: