Forum » ..:: Culture ::.. » Loyalist Music » Anthem..Ulster Banner
Anthem..Ulster Banner
CulzieDate: Sunday, 2012-04-29, 4:54 PM | Message # 1
Generalissimo
Group: Administrators
Load ...
Trying this to see if it works alright. Here's hoping. smile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B77jNPxjzNU&feature=relmfu

Ulster Protestants consider themselves to be a separate nation. This nation they call Ulster

CulzieDate: Sunday, 2012-04-29, 5:19 PM | Message # 2
Generalissimo
Load ...
Tried it. Its working alright.

Ulster Protestants consider themselves to be a separate nation. This nation they call Ulster

RSAUBDate: Sunday, 2012-04-29, 9:22 PM | Message # 3
Colonel general
Group: Moderators
Load ...
Shall spread the word, on the social networking sites, brilliant song, just what we need proper music rather than ripped off IRA crap! and ULSTER no mention of Eire, oh how the traitors will hate it!

CulzieDate: Sunday, 2012-04-29, 9:37 PM | Message # 4
Generalissimo
Load ...
Thought that myself too RSAUB. Think it actually comes from a hymn and I believe it was written by an Ulsterman. Not sure about the latter part. I'll see what I can find out.

A mate give me a write-up about an Ulster Anthem in one of the local newspapers. Along with the write-up it gave the music. The singer took it home and got his mother to play it on the piano and they realised it was a hymn tune. So we took it from there and he did that recording for me.

RSAUBDate: Sunday, 2012-04-29, 10:56 PM | Message # 5
Colonel general
Load ...
Great! that's what we need real folk music, by ordinary people who have a genuine love of their culture, heritage and Nation!

CulzieDate: Monday, 2012-04-30, 2:38 PM | Message # 6
Generalissimo
Load ...
We'll see how it goes on YT. I agree with you and hope it does reach some loyalist hearts. But I'm wondering does 'bateing a big drum'not have more appeal sad smile As I say 'we'll see how it goes' Hopefully it will enlighten some. thumbup

CulzieDate: Monday, 2012-04-30, 3:20 PM | Message # 7
Generalissimo
Load ...
Found this and would you believe it....the tune is called 'Ulster' smile

The Psalm / Hymn tune "Ulster" by Robert Lowry

Written by the hymnwriter Robert Lowry (1826 - 1899) who was himself of Ulster descent, this tune features in Psalters and in many traditional hymnbooks, best known as the tune for the Fanny Crosby hymn "All the Way My Saviour leads Me".

RSAUBDate: Monday, 2012-04-30, 4:02 PM | Message # 8
Colonel general
Load ...
Interesting bit of information there, now isn't that a turn up for the books. As for those who just want to beat a big drum, all their interested in in-terms of loyalist music is copied IRA songs with the lyrics changed to loyalist words.

CulzieDate: Monday, 2012-04-30, 10:38 PM | Message # 9
Generalissimo
Load ...
Yeah on Saturday night the band was playing one and I have heard it before being played by other bands. Don't know what they (the bands) call it but its sounds a helluva lot like a mick song that goes ''when ireland lay broken and bleeding they called for the men of the west'' rolleyes

CulzieDate: Monday, 2012-04-30, 10:43 PM | Message # 10
Generalissimo
Load ...
Went and had a look on YT. This is the one I was meaning.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mENLpTPjy_E

BillstickerDate: Tuesday, 2012-05-01, 12:46 PM | Message # 11
Lieutenant colonel
Group: Checked
Load ...

Hi Culzie if you go to your video on YouTube and click where it says "Share" the URL for your vid appears directly below it. Simply copy that then paste it into your post and make sure that it has this = [video][/video]
either side and it should appear as above on the post

Message edited by Billsticker - Tuesday, 2012-05-01, 12:57 PM

CulzieDate: Tuesday, 2012-05-01, 3:03 PM | Message # 12
Generalissimo
Load ...
Thanks Billsticker. Thats handier. Wasn't thinking straight confused smile

Oh BTW meant to mention folks that I read in the Shankill Mirror that the OO is organising a contest for a song to mark the the 100th Anniversary of Ulster Day and the signing of the Covenant. Maybe it will encourage our people to produce some good songs to mark this occasion and to continue with their song writing.

Forum » ..:: Culture ::.. » Loyalist Music » Anthem..Ulster Banner
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: