Friday, 2024-05-03, 11:30 AM
Welcome, Guest
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 2 of 2
  • «
Forum moderator: RSAUB  
Forum » ..:: History ::.. » History of the ulster scots » Ulster Scots In America
Ulster Scots In America
PalmettoPatriotDate: Tuesday, 2008-09-16, 11:19 AM | Message # 16
Group: Removed
Load ...

Quote (Culzie)
I'll go for S.C. Bet I'm well out.

I'm afraid you're way off - SC is mostly Ulster-Scots and German. New Hampshire isn't right either. Want to take another try.

CulzieDate: Tuesday, 2008-09-16, 6:01 PM | Message # 17
Generalissimo
Group: Administrators
Load ...
smile
Quote (PalmettoPatriot)
I'm afraid you're way off - SC is mostly Ulster-Scots and German. New Hampshire isn't right either. Want to take another try.

I know I'm whistling in the dark here. smile But hows about Virginia. Read that was where the Cavaliers [English I take that to mean] were mostly from. Wrong again? cry

Ulster Protestants consider themselves to be a separate nation. This nation they call Ulster

PalmettoPatriotDate: Wednesday, 2008-09-17, 1:11 PM | Message # 18
Load ...

Yep, wrong again. The coast of VA was mostly English but that is a relatively small area - most of the folks there are Ulster-Scots too, especially in the Shenandoah Valley and German.

Ok, I'll tell you.... Utah. The Mormons are basically English (with a little Welsh mixed in). And Utah is about 85% Mormon. Used to be about 95%. It's an overwhelmingly English State, ethnically speaking.

CulzieDate: Wednesday, 2008-09-17, 4:40 PM | Message # 19
Generalissimo
Group: Administrators
Load ...
Just as well you told me PalmettoPatriot. smile I'd never have got that in a 'month of Sundays' smile It does suprise me. Anyway,we live and we learn.

Ulster Protestants consider themselves to be a separate nation. This nation they call Ulster

PalmettoPatriotDate: Thursday, 2008-11-06, 9:51 PM | Message # 20
Load ...

In the evil year of 1690, in the month of December, the Colony of Mass. issued the first government paper (paper money) in the Western World to their soldiers who had been sent in a military raid against the French Quebecers - the Mass. soldiers lost and went home. They demanded their pay and so Mass. gov't issued them paper money. Within 2 months the value of their government paper had nose-dived and soon the gov't was issuing laws requiring people to accept the paper money at the value the government declared instead of the market value. This was the evil beginning of paper money in America and the Western World. Notice it happened in Mass. Notice it was an Ulster-Scotsman and Southron (albeit one who had many faults) who once defeated the central bank, and notice how even the very first yankee central bank was connected intimately with imperialist aggression. Notice a trend?

Check out this video at about 10 minutes or so... but the whole thing is brilliant. The Yankees, their paper money and imperialism. Tell me, folks - are they not bound together?

'The Gold Standard Before the Civil War'
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wfyp_i7y1t0

Forum » ..:: History ::.. » History of the ulster scots » Ulster Scots In America
  • Page 2 of 2
  • «
Search: