Saturday, 2024-05-04, 12:48 PM
Welcome, Guest
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: RSAUB  
Forum » ..:: General ::.. » General Discussion » Influence in high places?
Influence in high places?
CulzieDate: Tuesday, 2014-02-04, 11:58 PM | Message # 1
Generalissimo
Group: Administrators
Load ...
I wonder who they are? I think I have an idea who they might be. From Mr McCausland

Communist Party of Ireland

After reading an article from the 4 July edition of Unity, the journal of the Communist Party of Ireland, I came to the conclusion that they were not exactly impressed by my appointment earlier that week as Minister for Culture, Arts and Leisure. In fact the writer of the article said that my appointment was 'probably akin to putting King Herod in charge of Mothercare'.

However I ignored the Marxist venom and as I read on one sentence in particular drew my attention.

He has served as director of the Ulster-Scots Heritage Council and fervently believes Ulster-Scots is a language, on a par with Irish, rather than a dialect that in the main is made up as you go along.

The Communist Party is very supportive of the Irish language but clearly takes a disparaging view of Ulster-Scots. Perhaps that explains why some folk, whose background is in the Communist Party but who today hold influential positions in society, have been both unsympathetic and unhelpful towards the Ulster-Scots language.

Ulster Protestants consider themselves to be a separate nation. This nation they call Ulster

RSAUBDate: Friday, 2014-02-07, 10:45 AM | Message # 2
Colonel general
Group: Moderators
Load ...
Unfortunately while many will view the Communist Party as a laugh and a joke, many of their members hold senior positions within the Civil Service of our Country and the trade Unions as was highlighted in an article by Newton Emerson a few years ago.

CulzieDate: Friday, 2014-02-07, 3:31 PM | Message # 3
Generalissimo
Load ...
I missed that article. Never knew they were so entrenched as that, but the way things have been going it seems like their agenda.

Ulster Protestants consider themselves to be a separate nation. This nation they call Ulster

CulzieDate: Friday, 2014-02-07, 5:50 PM | Message # 4
Generalissimo
Load ...
Came across this. Don't know if DE was red but he seems to have leaned that way.

Davie was a personal friend of some CPI members, and in the late 1990s he was welcomed into the Communist Party premises to speak at the Betty Sinclair Education Forum. At that meeting he expressed his admiration for Betty and the politics that she stood for.

http://www.communistpartyofireland.ie/unity/051ervine.html

RSAUBDate: Friday, 2014-02-07, 7:10 PM | Message # 5
Colonel general
Group: Moderators
Load ...
Shows comrade Ervine was held in high esteem. In truth we all know that Ervine would never have been socially acceptable if he'd a been arrested going to bomb a Roman Catholic area instead of the UDA headquarters in the East. He also excused his violence and openly felt guilty about his past actions, now the evidence clearly points that he believed and wanted a Ulster or Northern Ireland free from sectarianism and everyone equal being, which basically means the end of Ulster loyalist culture and in the real world such a viewpoint would a led to the strong conquering the weak and over time the Ulster Protestant community like so many before us would a been sunk into the big green Irish bog.

CulzieDate: Friday, 2014-02-07, 8:11 PM | Message # 6
Generalissimo
Load ...
That's the way it was going, and still is. It stands out that the Protestant community wasn't taking to the streets and demanding that they be taught the Irish language, and yet we had it being thrust on us by those within the unionist community. So who are these 'unionists'? I'm pretty sure we have a good idea and what their motives are.

As the writer of The Trojan Horse wrote ''we didn't ask for it but we got it whether we wanted it or not''

CulzieDate: Thursday, 2014-02-20, 9:41 PM | Message # 7
Generalissimo
Load ...
I think I may have mentioned the 'Our Scotland' forum and how one of the posters said that he had visited Davy's house and there was a picture of James Connolly on the wall. No way of knowing if its true but when I said I didn't believe him, he insisted it was true.

On the Shankill they have just recently unveiled a plaque to some men who fought in the International Brigades.

http://www.communistpartyofireland.ie/

marriedaffairDate: Wednesday, 2022-11-30, 4:48 AM | Message # 8
Private
Group: Users
Load ...
Do youwant to have an affair with a married lady or man? Married Affairs Sydney is
the ideal place to meet genuine people seeking love. It is also Australia's
leading mature affairs website, allowing you to find a suitable intimate datewith no strings attached.

Daviddenk3Date: Tuesday, 2024-04-30, 12:42 PM | Message # 9
Private
Load ...
Sure, let's discuss influence in high places! When it comes to establishing your online presence, having a reliable and affordable hosting solution is crucial. Have you considered exploring cheap virtual server options? They can offer the flexibility and performance you need without breaking the bank.

BaliarDate: Thursday, 2024-05-02, 3:18 PM | Message # 10
Lieutenant
Load ...
Unlock the power of AI in your business with GloriumTech's AI business consulting services! Our team of experts specializes in crafting bespoke AI strategies to enhance efficiency and drive growth. Explore our AI consulting services to stay ahead in today's competitive landscape: ai business consulting

Forum » ..:: General ::.. » General Discussion » Influence in high places?
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: