• «
Forum moderator: RSAUB  
Forum » ..:: General ::.. » General Discussion » Day Of The Vow
Day Of The Vow
RSAUBDate: Thursday, 2012-10-25, 9:21 PM | Message # 16
Colonel general
Group: Moderators
Load ...
Yip, we once had a Nation and an Empire to be very very proud off. Now we don't even have a United Nation were all the people are ruled as one, we are now full of devolved Government with all sorts of different laws and regulations in place through-out the U.K.

CulzieDate: Friday, 2012-10-26, 8:22 PM | Message # 17
Generalissimo
Group: Administrators
Load ...
Have never understood why people just accept things especially at the start of goverment manipulated change. A lot of things could well been avoided if things had been 'nipped in the bud' I know there I go again smile But it is true. For one thing the Muslim bombing of London as those that did it would have stood out like a sore thumb. Granted the did catch them but they might not have needed to if it had have been like the 1950s if you see what I'm gettin at.

In Neil Ferguson's book about the Empire ,he says it was the people at home who stopped giving support to the Empire wich helped in its downfall. When some incidents happened in far flung parts,instead of supporting the guys out there,they turned on them. He also mentioned that the bureaucrats who played a big part in running the Empire helped keep it in 'good nick'(my words),but the ones who came after them in many cases their own sons did not continue in the same way. They de facto set out to wreck it. They didn't like the idea of an Empire.

I knew once they set out on the road to devolution that the question of independence would follow. Life teaches that once people get something which they asked for....they ask for more.

Ulster Protestants consider themselves to be a separate nation. This nation they call Ulster

RSAUBDate: Saturday, 2012-10-27, 6:44 PM | Message # 18
Colonel general
Load ...
Very true, once people get a piece of cake they want the whole cake. It's basic human nature. You give someone the rent of a house, they will eventually want to own it.

As you say, many people turned on the ways of their fathers and that along with American influence lead to the destruction of our Empire. The end of the Empire for me was something I could accept as times change, the World Wars took their toll on our Nation but the way we turned our backs on our own people especially in Rhodesia, South Africa and New Zealand for me was disgusting.

CulzieDate: Sunday, 2012-10-28, 7:00 PM | Message # 19
Generalissimo
Load ...
Was it Napoleon who called Britain 'perfidious Albion' seems he wasn't far wrong and the Arab saying was, Britain will sell their friends to buy their enemies. I think that has proved to be true over the years.

Didn't they throw Mitchelburne into prison because he couldn't pay his debts. This despite all he had spent and suffered in defending Londonderry.

Ulster Protestants consider themselves to be a separate nation. This nation they call Ulster

RSAUBDate: Tuesday, 2012-10-30, 7:27 PM | Message # 20
Colonel general
Load ...
Very true,but let's hope over time good wins over evil!

CulzieDate: Wednesday, 2012-10-31, 6:00 PM | Message # 21
Generalissimo
Load ...
Yes agreed.

Forum » ..:: General ::.. » General Discussion » Day Of The Vow
  • Page 2 of 2
  • «
Search: