Saturday, 2024-05-18, 12:15 PM
Welcome, Guest
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: RSAUB  
Forum » ..:: General ::.. » General Discussion » Discrimination against Protestants
Discrimination against Protestants
CulzieDate: Friday, 2013-01-11, 10:39 PM | Message # 1
Generalissimo
Group: Administrators
Load ...
Nobody seems to bother about these things when they are loaded against Protestants. Here we have blatant discrimination being practised against Protestants, but not only that this discrimination is by a body for equality. angry To think the 'civil righters' went out on the street in the 1960s and created bedlam and 30 years of murder and mayhem for so called equality. Where are these seekers of fair play,these bleeding hearts who led us down the road to heartbreak, tears and lost loved ones. Nowhere to be seen or heard.

Wednesday, 9 January 2013 The rather unequal Equality Commission

Last month the Equality Commission published A Profile of the Monitored Northern Ireland Workforce (Monitoring Report No 22), which covers the year 2011.

I have only just read the report but once again the most interesting figures are those for the Equality Commission itself. This is the body that was set up many years ago to promote equality in the workplace. So how is it faring in regard to its own workforce?

In 2011 there were 147 staff in the Equality Commission and of these 50 were Protestant, 93 were Roman Catholic and 4 were non-determined. Setting aside the 4 non-determined, the report gives a breakdown of 65% Roman Catholic and 35% Protestant, which is certainly at odds with a representative workforce.

Back in 2006 the figure was 38% Protestant and 62% Roman Catholic, so instead of improving the balance in its workforce between 2006 and 2011, the Equality Commission has ended up with a more imbalanced workforce. Once again the Equality Commission has fallen short of the standard it sets for others.

It seems that the Equality Commission's approach is 'do as I say, not do as I do'. Perhaps it is time to rename the organisation the Inequality Commission!

Ulster Protestants consider themselves to be a separate nation. This nation they call Ulster

RSAUBDate: Monday, 2013-01-14, 5:39 AM | Message # 2
Colonel general
Group: Moderators
Load ...
Sickening but then we're under represented in the housing executive and civil service in general, for government funded agencies to get away with this over a number of years without real action being taken by the Government to address this issue is an out and out disgrace.

CulzieDate: Monday, 2013-01-14, 3:16 PM | Message # 3
Generalissimo
Group: Administrators
Load ...
Another thing is that our politicans knowing this don't publisise it more. It was Gerry Fitt who stirred up a whole hornets nest when he took on the establishment of the day more or less single-handed. I had no time for the man, but have to admit it was though him that later events occurred. But our politicans seem to have a cosy arrangement wherby they don't rock the boat.

Draw it to attention,and then thats them finished ''my job is done''

Ulster Protestants consider themselves to be a separate nation. This nation they call Ulster

RSAUBDate: Tuesday, 2013-01-15, 2:46 PM | Message # 4
Colonel general
Group: Moderators
Load ...
You are indeed right, the Unionists have signed themselves up to an agreement with republicans were they have decided to not rock the boat and just get on with things, it's obviously the DUP policy to try and make devolution work the best they can regardless of what ever tricks Sinn Fein/IRA decide to get up too.

Forum » ..:: General ::.. » General Discussion » Discrimination against Protestants
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: