[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum moderator: RSAUB  
Forum » ..:: General ::.. » Videos » Ulster & Dixie
Ulster & Dixie
RSAUBDate: Monday, 2008-08-18, 10:07 PM | Message # 16
Colonel general
Group: Moderators
Load ...
I know of two other South Carolina Dixie patriots who are both strong supporters of the loyalist cause. Great videos and I'm glad you enjoyed youself in Ulster.

PalmettoPatriotDate: Tuesday, 2008-08-19, 7:55 PM | Message # 17
Group: Removed
Load ...

Thanks very kindly, RSAUB.

Added (2008-08-19, 7:55 Pm)
---------------------------------------------
Hey y'all, here's a new Ulster/Dixie page on SLMN with pics, videos and links, etc about Ulster, Dixie and the Ulster-Scots, etc.

http://www.slmnews.com/ulster.html

SlappataigDate: Tuesday, 2008-08-19, 8:19 PM | Message # 18
Colonel
Group: Checked
Load ...
very nice but woulnt the ulster loyalist movement be better link than the ulster nationalist movement?

CulzieDate: Tuesday, 2008-08-19, 8:50 PM | Message # 19
Generalissimo
Group: Administrators
Load ...
Quote (Slappataig)
very nice but woulnt the ulster loyalist movement be better link than the ulster nationalist movement?

Suppose so. But I think myself we still should have an alternative. Especially with the way things are going on the mainland at the moment.

We keep all options open. And I wouldn't put the Independence boys down.

P.P. is for independence for his own state. So I suppose he can identify with the UIM more easily.

Ulster Protestants consider themselves to be a separate nation. This nation they call Ulster

PalmettoPatriotDate: Tuesday, 2008-08-19, 10:27 PM | Message # 20
Load ...

Slappataig, I'll be more than happy to put both on the page. What would be a good few links for Ulster Loyalists?

Culzie, you're right. Being for independence for SC and Dixie, I suppose it's easier to identify with the Ulster nationalist movement. But having been over there I can understand where both groups of the Ulsterfolk are coming from.

SlappataigDate: Tuesday, 2008-08-19, 11:05 PM | Message # 21
Colonel
Load ...
yeah you were over and seen the 12th? thats a loyalist day, so everything you seen ie parades/people/bands/lodges etc were 99% loyalist...

Added (2008-08-19, 11:05 Pm)

Quote (PalmettoPatriot)
But having been over there I can understand where both groups of the Ulsterfolk are coming from.

woops never mind happy least you know the difference prods make up 60-something % of this country ( i think you know what taigs breed like) and the vast majority would be rangers suporting unionist loyalists biggrin
man its class seeing so many loyal prod americans and canadians (not to mention germans,spainards and serbs, as well as mainland britain) thanks to the internet up :up: up wink

Message edited by Slappataig - Tuesday, 2008-08-19, 11:06 PM

CulzieDate: Wednesday, 2008-08-20, 1:06 PM | Message # 22
Generalissimo
Load ...
We are all in different situations,and we must judge the way that situation exists in our own countries. But there are many similarities between Dixie and Ulster.

I can see the similarity between Ulster and Ossetia too. I'm not aware of all the 'ins-and-out' of it,but Georgia started the whole thing of. Russia then came in and took Ossetia's part. So I can understand that. I only wish GB had did the same at the start of our 'troubles' then we might have had 30 odd years of peace. Like the Turks in Cyprus had.

Ulster Protestants consider themselves to be a separate nation. This nation they call Ulster

CulzieDate: Wednesday, 2008-08-20, 1:11 PM | Message # 23
Generalissimo
Load ...
yeah you were over and seen the 12th? thats a loyalist day, so everything you seen ie parades/people/bands/lodges etc were 99% loyalist...

I think you'd find there are a lot of people who might not be out and out loyalists. I would say the majority would be. But 99% .......not sure. The loyalty to Britain is not as strong as it once was. Thats not suprising seein as how they [goverments] have treated the loyal Ullish people.

CulzieDate: Wednesday, 2008-08-20, 3:09 PM | Message # 24
Generalissimo
Load ...
Seen the picture PalmettoPatriot. The one with Carson,our Parliament and the blue skies of Ulster. I like that 'un. biggrin

'We will never forsake the blue skies of Ulster,for the grey mists of an Irish Republic' biggrin

SlappataigDate: Wednesday, 2008-08-20, 9:05 PM | Message # 25
Colonel
Load ...
its the goveremnets mistakes thats fuelling seperatism and a break up of our great nation

CulzieDate: Wednesday, 2008-08-20, 9:58 PM | Message # 26
Generalissimo
Load ...
100% agree Slappa. Though I might not call them mistakes. wink

''In politics,nothing happens by accident. If it happens,you can bet it was planned that way.''

Franklin D. Roosevelt.

PalmettoPatriotDate: Thursday, 2008-08-21, 1:52 PM | Message # 27
Load ...

Cool avatar, Culzie!

PS I have the Ulster flag that David gave me while I was over there on the wall in my apartment right now!

Added (2008-08-21, 1:52 Pm)

Quote (Slappataig)
its the goveremnets mistakes thats fuelling seperatism and a break up of our great nation

It was the same in America. Except we were never really a nation, but rather a union of many republics - each sovereign and with its own particular culture and identity. But Federal abuses throughout the early 1800's turned Southrons against the Federal Government. Finally they voted to leave he union and form a new one. The Constution of the new one was virtually the same as the old one. But we were invaded and sadly lost the war. Today, the Feds continue to abuse us (one way they do this is by not guarding the borders and giving citizenship away like candy to people from the Third World. In 1960 America was 90% European. Today it's about 65% and steadily declining. This is thanks primarily to Federal immigration and naturalisation policies. This is just one example where the Feds really work against us. I've just had enough of them. So I daily advocate for our independence from them.

CulzieDate: Thursday, 2008-08-21, 10:32 PM | Message # 28
Generalissimo
Load ...
Ain't it P.P. wink biggrin Thats great I've just been looking at the photo. As I said good to see it and the beard suits you. smile

Thanks for the ABOD site. I haven't been on it for awhile. It went down. I didn't realise it was up again. I seen the Campsie clubs in the photographs on it. We hope to be going down to Londonderry again in October for the 'makings'. Its not as hetic that day. Quieter altogether. Thank God. happy smile

PalmettoPatriotDate: Saturday, 2008-08-23, 6:29 PM | Message # 29
Load ...

Working on that ABOD of Dixie video, Culzie. I've got it finished, just trying to figure out how to end it. As I told you, we have really very little to no animosity between Protestants and Catholics in Dixie. There are so very few Catholics to begin with (except for the Mexicans who are invading us). And I don't want to create division where there is none at present. We are all Southrons. But I surely want to build ties to Ulster for our mutual benefit - especially as prolly a majority of us are of Ulster blood to begin with. Anyhow, it's tricky matter, as I have shared with you. Something I have been considering at length. Anyway buddy, take care. I've been thinking about flying over for the October thing. I might could swing it if it were just a few days (shorter than the last visit). It just depends on flight costs and all given that I'm saving up to make it back home to Carolina. So we'll see. Something I want to check into. But I would love to be there with you & the fellows of the ABOD in Londonderry. Vamos a ver. We'll see.

Message edited by PalmettoPatriot - Saturday, 2008-08-23, 6:32 PM

CulzieDate: Saturday, 2008-08-23, 7:16 PM | Message # 30
Generalissimo
Load ...
Well I think you know PalmettoPatriot we'd all be glad to see you over again. I hope we will be able to work something in if you do make it over. I'll see about a guided tour around for a start. Its a lot quieter,but still a good day.

I know what you mean re the situation in Dixie and Ulster. As I said, we have to judge the situation on what the background is in each particular country. I know the O.O. in America is different to the O.O. here in a few ways. The rules and regulations are a wee bit different.

Aye, even if you can make it over for a weekend [or whatever] that would be great. You've met a few of the boys,but there are a few others I'd like you to meet. If you can make it,you know you'll be more than welcome. So here's hoping. smile up

Forum » ..:: General ::.. » Videos » Ulster & Dixie
Search: