• »
Forum moderator: RSAUB  
Forum » ..:: General ::.. » Videos » Ulster & Dixie
Ulster & Dixie
CulzieDate: Sunday, 2008-07-20, 8:58 PM | Message # 1
Generalissimo
Group: Administrators
Load ...

Ulster Protestants consider themselves to be a separate nation. This nation they call Ulster

SlappataigDate: Thursday, 2008-07-31, 7:33 PM | Message # 2
Colonel
Group: Checked
Load ...
not really sure about celtic peoples, but cool vid

PalmettoPatriotDate: Thursday, 2008-08-14, 5:37 PM | Message # 3
Group: Removed
Load ...

In America the word "Celtic" has a different meaning, I would say. Having just gotten back from Ulster and met with many fine folks there I would say there in it's used more with an identification with Irish-Catholic folks. However in Dixie it's used more as an ethnic or cultural expression for Brittany, Galicia, Scotland, Ireland, Ulster, Wales, Cornwall, the Isle of Mann, etc.

Added (2008-08-14, 5:35 Pm)
---------------------------------------------
Dixie's International Allies: The Ulsterfolk

Hope y'all enjoy the video!

Added (2008-08-14, 5:37 Pm)
Fixed it for you, use the tags [ video ]links here[ /video ] without the spaces in the brackets :P

CulzieDate: Thursday, 2008-08-14, 7:00 PM | Message # 4
Generalissimo
Load ...
Very good PalmettoPatriot. Great video. And thanks for clarifying the Celtic thing.

Ulster Protestants consider themselves to be a separate nation. This nation they call Ulster

SlappataigDate: Friday, 2008-08-15, 6:33 PM | Message # 5
Colonel
Load ...
yeah

CulzieDate: Friday, 2008-08-15, 7:00 PM | Message # 6
Generalissimo
Load ...
Please vist PalmettoPatriot's site. He is a good friend of Ulster. See the videos he made,the photos, the music,which was put together during his visit last week...a true Son of Ulster.

http://www.slmnews.com/videos.html

PalmettoPatriotDate: Friday, 2008-08-15, 7:17 PM | Message # 7
Load ...

Thank y'all very kindly. I do what I can, like all good patriots world-wide, here or in Ulster or where-ever. Made a new video about the connections between Ulster and Dixie but unsure of how to post it, Campsie. Would you mind doing it? It's the 2nd in a series of probably 4 coming from SLMNews. Y'all take care there in Ulster and stay strong. Deo Vindice!

SlappataigDate: Saturday, 2008-08-16, 11:43 AM | Message # 8
Colonel
Load ...
last 12th maghera's parade was headed by loyal sons of ulster, ALABAMA.

happy cool

btw are you into southron seperatism PalmettoPatriot?

PalmettoPatriotDate: Saturday, 2008-08-16, 4:46 PM | Message # 9
Load ...

Yes, I support independence for South Carolina (my State) and all the States of Dixie. My State voted unanimously in convention in 1860 to be independent. And then we were invaded and occupied, disenfranchised for 12 years and never allowed to be free of DC. The Federal Government has been the greatest enemy of all Americans I would say in the last 60 years. If I could wave a magic wand and we'd be independent I'd do in a heart-beat.

SlappataigDate: Saturday, 2008-08-16, 5:59 PM | Message # 10
Colonel
Load ...
oh i see. so you would rather have the dixie flag as your national flag then?

ive heard youre new to our culture, and im still learning more about our brothers and sisters across the water wink

PalmettoPatriotDate: Saturday, 2008-08-16, 6:31 PM | Message # 11
Load ...

I woulr rather have South Carolina's flag (which you see everywhere in the Palmetto State, just like you see the Ulster flag everywhere in your country) as the only real sovereign flag of our State, to be honest. SC was founded in 1670 and was the first independent republic in the New World (1776) and was later the first State to leave the Union (December 1860). We have a long history of defiance and are a proud people - sometimes to our determent. Polls say about 20% or so of our people want to be independent right now. But it's not really a political issue at the moment. I think if it were that the percenage would go way up - especially if people thought it were truly possible. Many folks are highly sympathetic but just don't think it's feasible right now. I'm one of the stubborn ones I suppose - the "unreconstructed" you could say- who has never really accepted Federal rule my entire life. I'm much rather we were free.

I'd also like to join with our other States of Dixie though. Georgia, Alabama, Miss., Arkansas and a few others in particular are very similiar. More or less we share a basic culture and identity. And so I think we face a common future together too.

Thanks for the welcome. I really had a great time in Ulster. Hope to get back there soon. Take it easy

SlappataigDate: Saturday, 2008-08-16, 9:10 PM | Message # 12
Colonel
Load ...
cool cool cool

CulzieDate: Sunday, 2008-08-17, 10:29 AM | Message # 13
Generalissimo
Load ...
Scotland to Ulster to Dixie. The same people...just different accents. wink

SlappataigDate: Sunday, 2008-08-17, 12:07 PM | Message # 14
Colonel
Load ...
and up to canada as well happy

PalmettoPatriotDate: Monday, 2008-08-18, 0:06 AM | Message # 15
Load ...

Here's the links to all three of the Ulster/Dixie videos. The most recent includes video footage of last week's march in Londonderry (which I guess we all attended! lol). This part was shortly before the brief scuffle that broke out by the fountain...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TYg0nU6djSg
Dixie's International Allies: The Ulsterfolk (part III)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5LC2CGXdTc
Dixie's International Allies: The Ulsterfolk (part II)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ent_jT1fNwA
Dixie's International Allies: The Ulsterfolk

Added (2008-08-18, 0:06 Am)

Forum » ..:: General ::.. » Videos » Ulster & Dixie
  • Page 1 of 3
  • »
Search: