[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum moderator: RSAUB  
Forum » ..:: General ::.. » General Discussion » Claim It,Its Yours Too
Claim It,Its Yours Too
RSAUBDate: Sunday, 2011-09-18, 11:23 AM | Message # 31
Colonel general
Group: Moderators
Load ...
That's it they only need to win over a very low percentage of our community, and they are doing it and what's worse it's our own kind who are helping them achieve their objective.

CulzieDate: Sunday, 2011-09-18, 3:27 PM | Message # 32
Generalissimo
Group: Administrators
Load ...
Thats what makes it more galling. Nobody asks them to do this (except unionist outreach) they don't have to do it,nobody is forcing them. So why do it,why take this course? Either they have threw the towel in and are preparing us for the eventual take-over to avoid any upheaval when the curtain finally falls or they are getting their '30 pieces of silver'and thats what prompts them to do as they are doing.

Ok the wars ended and all that jargon. But let it rest at that. Why make overtures to the likes of the GAA.

Think too there were many fellas who have no background of loyalism. They wern't brought up in that tradition. There are four reasons I think why people got involved in the troubles.

1- They wanted a bit of action
2- They saw a chance to make a bit of money
3- They wanted to hit back (especialy if a friend or relative had been killed/murdered)
4 - They were genuine loyalists brought up with that, and a love of their British/Ullishness.

Of course the first three mentioned may 'pull rank'and be quick to trumpet 'I did time for my country' and maybe adding 'what did you do'?

Even though it was in the BT what path to take with regard to the blending in process (this was before the B.A. and ira ceasefire)I was still suprised that so many fell for it and set off down the green brick road. Of course if some so called loyalists icons lead them that way, young lads will follow those they look up to.

Remember the 'Love Ulster' thing and the magizine with the headline 'Ulster In Crisis'and Mr Mc Donald loading them onto the cars at Larne. Then all of a sudden there was no crisis. Everything was alright. Sudden change indeed. 30 pieces of silver again?

Ulster Protestants consider themselves to be a separate nation. This nation they call Ulster

CulzieDate: Tuesday, 2011-09-20, 8:36 PM | Message # 33
Generalissimo
Load ...
Found it. At least a copy which I must have done. I'm referring to the piece by Gordon Lucy in the Ulster Scots paper. I was clearing a lot of stuff out and came across it

The 19th century Ordance Survey Memoir for the parish of Billy - the parish in which Bushmills is located reveals the strength of the Scottish connection. In 1834 the population of the parish consisted of 1,931 Episcopalians (members of the Church of Ireland),2,905 Presbyterians,244 Methodists,362 Roman Catholics,1,170 Seceders (another Presbyterian denomination) 257 Covenanters (Reformed Presbyterians)

Of the parish's 6,869 people, Presbyterians of differing denominations accounted for almost two-thirds of the population.

The memoir records that the people are ''long-lived and healthy and do not marry early'' They are fond of dancing and going to fairs but have no regular amusements,cards and cock-fighting being held as disgraceful. ''St John's Day is observed by the Freemasons and the Twelfth of July by the Orangemen. But except for these,there are not any patron Saints days such things being considered,as savouring of Popery,are held in abhorrence.''

Another separate piece from the 12th Orange booklet 2008 seems to take a similar line with a reference to Paddy Day the 17th of March

''There was great resentment of Protestants towards the actions of Dublin Castle,the seat of Goverment at the time. They had singled out and banned Orange parades while taking no action against Ribbonmen parades on the 17th of March and 15th of August.''

Think we can see from these two articles how Prods felt about paddy's day parades.

Ulster Protestants consider themselves to be a separate nation. This nation they call Ulster

RSAUBDate: Saturday, 2011-09-24, 3:56 AM | Message # 34
Colonel general
Load ...
That's excellent reference material there about the town land of Billy. I know a fella in the Ulster Scots and community association held St Paddys day parade in Bushmills and was pushing for an even bigger parade last year that thankfully didn't happen. Personally I know the same individuals are after nothing but funding, but reference material like this in the public domain that shows exactly what their forefathers thought of Saints days is the best form to hit back against their lies these types of people usually use expressions like "we shouldn't let the fenians claim St Patrick all for themselves" etc, the reality is for everyone to see, they are welcoming and promoting Protestants celebrating their Irishness.

As for the Love Ulster campaign, I think it’s main problem was that a lot a people looked at the likes of McDonald being involved and thought to themselves some of these men are the same people who have sold us down the river, why or how can we take them seriously. Although it’s a pity it never took off as their was a lot a good people involved in it like Willie Fraser, but the fifth column had it destroyed from within from the outset.

CulzieDate: Sunday, 2011-09-25, 7:17 PM | Message # 35
Generalissimo
Load ...
These things do come in handy when the fifth columists come up with some of their propaganda ie ''our forefathers held paddy's day'' or some other green line. They sometimes mention Presbyterians who spoke irish gaelic and present it as the norm. A few did but the vast majority spoke English/Scots/Ulster Scots. The fifth columists follow Wolf Tone who said he wanted to establish the common name of Irishman for everyone. And thats what they are doing. Anyone who cares to take heed of their manouvering surely can see this. The danger is they don't take heed and just follow blindy along the line they are selling. Especially true of those who would look up to loyalist icons.

I think these people must be getting 'backhanders' their palms well greased. Sometimes I wonder if these guys were deliberately encouraged to join an organization in order to lead it in a certain direction. Think I mentioned before about a fella telling me at the start of the troubles that the police etc would have their men in right away to these organizations. His reason for saying this was his brother who was a cop in the States had told him that is what happened with the Black Panthers. They had their men within that organization from(more or less) its formation.

RSAUBDate: Sunday, 2011-09-25, 8:59 PM | Message # 36
Colonel general
Load ...
That’s very true, it's coming out clearly now that the IRA have been infiltrated right at the very top so the same is said with the loyalists, I would say the state is in total control of all aspects of so-called militant loyalism, either under full state control or the money they receive absolutely then dictates their actions.

CulzieDate: Monday, 2011-09-26, 4:29 PM | Message # 37
Generalissimo
Load ...
Killing for Britain threw a bit of light on that side of things. I read it and got the feeling also, that the soldiers wern't allowed to hit back so they did so using different means.

RSAUBDate: Monday, 2011-09-26, 10:18 PM | Message # 38
Colonel general
Load ...
I'm wondering with all this bad PR the Orange Order are recieving over Danny Kennedy and Tom Elliot attending the funeral of PSNI officer Ronan Kerrs funeral was a DUP stunt?

The reason I ask is I know Christopher stalford DUP is a member of the Orange in South Belfast District and I know at the last election Sandy row district send out a statement urging the UUP to stand down in South Belfast.

CulzieDate: Tuesday, 2011-09-27, 1:44 PM | Message # 39
Generalissimo
Load ...
Wouldn't be suprised. Politics is a dirty game and as Roosevelt (Franklin D.) said ''In politics,nothing happens by accident. If it happens,you can bet it was planned that way''

To James Craig the greatest threat to Ulster came from dissident unionist parties. He headed off this threat back in the thirties/forties and was successful in securing Ulster until the rise of another dissident unionist party...the DUP(or as it used to be called Protestant unionist)

Having said that, I realise too that the Ulster Unionists were out manourved by the the 'civil rights'/ira front in the 60s. Of course they had the unrest in the western world at the time going for them, and unionists were up against it, to even get a hearing was near impossible

RSAUBDate: Wednesday, 2011-09-28, 9:38 PM | Message # 40
Colonel general
Load ...
Aye, unfortunately so. We will never get a level playing field when it comes to getting ourside of the story told.

CulzieDate: Thursday, 2011-10-13, 8:08 PM | Message # 41
Generalissimo
Load ...
A piece from Willian Drennan one of the leading lights at the formation of the United Irishmen. I have to say that those who used the 'claim it its yours too'and adding they - irish republicans don't want you to take the title of Irishman was a scam - a 'take-on' similar to the ones you get in your junk mail where you have been told you have been allocated a number and if you don't get in and make your claim your number will be allocated to someone else. Those who use the same tactics are playing the same game ie making mugs of the gullible.

The emphasis (block letters) is Drennans as they appear in his article which was published in the book. 'On his arrival in Newry Drennan had become a Volunteer again. Thirty years later he quietly slipped into the pages of the radical 'Belfast Monthly Magazine'without editorial comment,some of the papers he had kept from that momentous decade'

''We associate,although differing in religious opinons,because we wish to create that union of power,and to cultivate that brotherhood among all the inhabitants of this island,which is in the interests and duty of all. We are all IRISHMEN. We rejoice and glory in that common title which binds us together and we associate,in order to do everything that the union of our hearts and the strength of our hands,can effectuate,to render the name of IRISHMAN honourable to ourselves,servicable to our beloved country,and formidable to its foes''

And we have those 'loyalists' who tell us they don't want us to say we are Irish. Who are they kidding? probably the easy led and the ignorant. I think we have saw that the opposite is the case ...irish republicanism would very much like us to come into the fold,or maybe web would be more apt.

These 'loyalists' are following the wishes of Tone and Drennan with the same aim as both those men had.

CulzieDate: Thursday, 2011-12-01, 2:08 PM | Message # 42
Generalissimo
Load ...
Cultural Absorption

Throughout history various groups and peoples have arrived in Ireland but they have generally been absorbed into Irishness. For example, the Anglo-Normans or Old English, who came to Ireland in the 12th century, became known as Hiberniores Hibernicis Ipsis, or 'more Irish than the Irish themselves'. Of that process the English poet Edmund Spenser wrote, ‘Lord how quickly doth that country alter men’s natures.’

Since the advent of the Gaelic revival and Irish cultural nationalism in the 19th century, the cultural vision of Irish nationalists has generally included as a core element the absorption or assimilation of all others into their culture and identity. They believe that those who arrive and settle in Ireland either become Irish or should become Irish, not merely in some vague geographical sense but in terms of cultural identity.

This view was expressed many years ago by David Patrick Moran (1871-1936), the voice of the Irish-Ireland movement, who wrote The Philosophy of Irish Ireland in 1905: 'The foundation of Ireland is the Gael and the Gael must be the element that absorbs.'
Moran had a vision of an Ireland that was thoroughly Gaelic and he also had a vision of an Ireland that was Roman Catholic. He founded a weekly journal called The Leader and in it he said: 'When we look out on Ireland we see that those who believe or may be immediately induced to believe in Ireland as a nation are, as a matter of fact, Catholics … The Irish nation is de facto a Catholic nation.' [The Leader ]
The vision of cultural absorption was also expressed by Douglas Hyde (1860-1949), who was the founder of the Gaelic League and later the first president of the Irish Republic: 'In two points only was the continuity of Irishism in Ireland damaged. First in the north-east of Ulster, where the Gaelic race was expelled and the land planted with aliens, whom our dear mother Erin, assimilative as she is, has hitherto found it difficult to absorb. … In spite of the little admixture of Saxon blood in the north-east corner, this island is and will ever remain Celtic at the core.'

The Catholic Bulletin provided this demand for cultural assimilation: 'The Irish nation is the Gaelic nation; its language and literature is the Gaelic language; its history is the history of the Gael. All other elements have no place in Irish national life, literature and tradition, save as far as they are assimilated into the very substance of Gaelic speech, life and thought.'

Unfortunately the vision or aspiration of Gaelic absorption is not dead. Brendan Clifford, who has provided a number of important insights into recent Irish republican thinking, refers to it in one of his booklets: 'This is the end part of a strategy which was worked out by some very respectable supporters of the Provisional IRA in the republic in 1970-71. …. A process would begin which would end with the people who are now unionists being indoctrinated into the nationalist culture.'

RSAUBDate: Thursday, 2011-12-01, 8:24 PM | Message # 43
Colonel general
Load ...
Very good articles, it's clearly there in black and white for anyone who wants to see what the enemies of Ulster think and are doing with our community at the present time.

CulzieDate: Friday, 2011-12-02, 1:16 PM | Message # 44
Generalissimo
Load ...
Yeah anyone who follows the course outlined in the above are obviously aware of where this is leading to. It couldn't be spelt out any clearer for them,and yet they insist in continuing down that road.

CulzieDate: Saturday, 2012-03-10, 6:43 PM | Message # 45
Generalissimo
Load ...
The ''claim it its yours'' 'loyalists' will be I'm sure be happy to read that Gerry Adams is on the same wavelength as them. As they move closer and closer to each other and then they have the border poll which they have been manipulating the unionist population towards....Catholic,Protestant and Dissenter. Gerry Adams speaks

"A border poll is inevitable. Mr Patterson knows this. It is only a matter of timing," said the Sinn Fein leader.

"By definition that will come when the people of our island have formed a cordial union of Catholic, Protestant and Dissenter.

Read more: http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news....jjOToaZ

Forum » ..:: General ::.. » General Discussion » Claim It,Its Yours Too
Search: