Saturday, 2024-05-18, 10:23 AM
Welcome, Guest
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum moderator: RSAUB  
Forum » ..:: General ::.. » General Discussion » Unionists Insist On Irish For Ulster Goods
Unionists Insist On Irish For Ulster Goods
RSAUBDate: Sunday, 2011-03-27, 4:55 PM | Message # 61
Colonel general
Group: Moderators
Load ...
Shows that some had forward vision away back then, while others sat back and done nothing constructive for the long term future survival of Ulster and it’s people.

CulzieDate: Monday, 2011-03-28, 12:30 PM | Message # 62
Generalissimo
Group: Administrators
Load ...
Yes if those people with a bit of vision had triumphed over those sick-in-the-muds of no vision I think Ulster by now would have been established more in people's minds. These things take time. I'm sure it took some time for Scotland,England,Wales to be recognised. Even the other countries of the world. I notice the Libyan rebels are in right away with a new flag to represent them. Ullish people didn't even bother about their own flag until near 50 years after B.U. was formed. I do feel we lack vision in these matters. Though as shown elsewhere on here the Westminster masters were more interested in the Irish dimension so that held us back too.

Only a rule of thumb but I would say COI people and those who have served in the army would be more inclined to class themselves as Irish. England has had a big say in both organisations.

Ulster Protestants consider themselves to be a separate nation. This nation they call Ulster

CulzieDate: Friday, 2012-08-17, 7:29 PM | Message # 63
Generalissimo
Load ...
The way we were smile

The way we are now sad angry

Ulster Protestants consider themselves to be a separate nation. This nation they call Ulster

SlappataigDate: Sunday, 2012-08-26, 2:57 PM | Message # 64
Colonel
Group: Checked
Load ...
i still dont see a reasoning at all of why the DUPers want the irish food label?

do they not even make cover stories for their concessions nowadays?

good lord i hate the DUP. and them 2 pics says it all culzie, just over 50 years difference.

CulzieDate: Tuesday, 2012-08-28, 9:06 PM | Message # 65
Generalissimo
Load ...
Yeah we ain't half changed from those days. There was a genuine feelin among most Prods (but not all) of an Ulster identity. Even up to the 1970s in a survey, over 80 per cent of Protestant men saw themselves as being Ulstermen. Changed times indeed.

CulzieDate: Thursday, 2012-11-01, 4:25 PM | Message # 66
Generalissimo
Load ...
At least all don't follow the lily-livered,spineless behaviour of Peter Robinson and Reg Empey. I don't know if Moy Park is owned by free-staters now. But at least they are local. Lidil too promote the NI side of their foodstuffs etc. Ballymanor and Strathvale are the two NI products I know of in their stores. They also have produce from Eire on their shelves complete with a small tricolour,but I don't know of any requests from Eire politicans to have a Union Flag/Ulster Flag on their produce instead....

Paul Burch,Moy Park Accounts Director said...We are delighted to take on this new business with Tesco. Not only is this a seal of approval for the quality and taste of our products but also furthers our partenership with Tesco

The Moy Park brand has been trusted by Northern Ireland consumers since 1943. We are always looking at ways to innovate and grow in line with consumer trends and across Northern Ireland there is a strong preference for locally sourced produce.

Sandra Weir,Fresh Food Buying Manager,Tesco NI,said
''Our recent research has shown that, next to price,buying local is a priority for shoppers. Though our Taste Northern Ireland campaign,we are encouraging our customers to get to know the people and places behind their favourite local food and drink products. We are really delighted to be able to add Moy Park to the list of trusted local names customers will now see in their Tesco store.

RSAUBDate: Friday, 2012-11-02, 11:34 AM | Message # 67
Colonel general
Group: Moderators
Load ...
Very true, Moypark do promote their Northern Ireland range, when I worked there, quite a lot of their proudcts were labelled with a small Union Jack icon. Asda also promote their made in Northern Ireland range, less can be said about Marks and Spencers who label their milk and butter which are both produced in Northern Ireland as 'Irish' dry

CulzieDate: Sunday, 2012-11-04, 3:52 PM | Message # 68
Generalissimo
Load ...
And you'd think Marks and Spencers especially would be proud to label their goods British or NI. As that women from Tesco said, after price, buying local comes next.

Forum » ..:: General ::.. » General Discussion » Unionists Insist On Irish For Ulster Goods
Search: